OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories.

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down  Message [Page 27 of 31]

shovelchop81

peter the painter wrote:Great work Alex, he looks amazing, I could have done the sculpts beardless and hairless for you if it would have helped.

Cheers,

Peter.

Thank you very much Peter! I'm so sorry you had to see a lot of your hard and excellent work destroyed by me Sad . The sculpted hair v real hair thing is just a feeling I get for a character during the build process and even if I decide to go with real hair your sculpt of the hair is still a brilliant guide and foundation for me to work from. I think the most likely candidates for the real hair conversion are the long haired or long bearded characters although I felt no need to modify Balin's beard as he has short hair so it didn't hamper his head articulation. I'll be giving Fili, Kili and Thorin real long hair but I think all the others are safe from my meddling! Wink I want Bilbo to have messier hair so not 100% sure what I'm going to do there yet but got some ideas.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 28 MGBKDC1

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 28 5wnWFdB

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 28 JKA3K15

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 28 RazWXCZ

Rogerbee

Founding Father
I wouldn't put yourself down, you've done sterling work on all your stuff you've got from Peter and all of the dwarves look stellar after you're done with them.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:I wouldn't put yourself down, you've done sterling work on all your stuff you've got from Peter and all of the dwarves look stellar after you're done with them.

CHEERS!

Oh I'm not questioning my decisions or results, I'm giving Peter the respect he is due from one artist to another. Thanks for the kind support though.

Finally finished Balin's bloody complicated glaive (well complicated for an individual piece!), built Bifur's boar spear and I'm 90% there with Nori's kukri knives so I should be spraying primer soon.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 28 NDfR8jN

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 28 H1nWU3R

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 28 Tansmo3

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 28 QOkQ1lI

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 28 SDnKQoN

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 28 NQL4HGw

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Looking good as always.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Looking good as always.

CHEERS!

Thanks! I'm meant to be taking a break and working on the Barrett .50 replica, somehow I've gone back to Dwarves and seem to have double bluffed myself or something, oh well surrounded by Dwarf and gun parts as usual, just another day...er night...whatever... Laughing Wink

peter the painter

Great work on Bifur all round, he looks excellent.

Cheers,

Peter.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
peter the painter wrote:Great work on Bifur all round, he looks excellent.

Cheers,

Peter.

Thanks Peter!

Primered and now painting the weapons, boots etc.. done the tusks too. The coats fastening system is a bit complicated but I'm doing my best to replicate it in 1/6 as with the boots.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 28 OsfmPSj

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 28 Sl7qsSl

CRAP!! JUST REALISED I CUT THE SLOTS FOR THE TUSKS TO SLIDE INTO THE WRONG WAY..OOPS, OH WELL THAT'S A DAFTER DESIGN IF YOU ASK ME..

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 28 BSoDqBK

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 28 2gzeyj6

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 28 V3OeS9m

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 28 XWsuSiT

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 28 UjuWFDr

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 28 78ZomzX

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Some last progress pics before I go for food and a nap...

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 28 4Rnh98y

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 28 HCRywRo

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 28 Zt6Xot7

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 28 2Tu8m8G

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Just be glad you're keeping busy.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Just be glad you're keeping busy.

CHEERS!

Er okay... Question I am, just an odd thing for you to say. I'm probably over thinking it as usual! Laughing

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 28 3EGLRUE

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 28 WOcOr4i

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 28 7IYeqDE

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 28 IOLlZva

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 28 2rMiM3C

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 28 FSyf7Si

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 28 BpA4MmY

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 28 4niH4CJ

peter the painter

Wow! wonderful work on Bifur, he is a real work of Art.

Cheers,

Peter.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
peter the painter wrote:Wow! wonderful work on Bifur, he is a real work of Art.

Cheers,

Peter.

Thank you very much Peter! And I thought he was going to be simple initially...LOL. Probably do Bombur next as a change of pace but I refuse not to give the cook knives!! He'd have the best quality knives FFS.. not just a stupid ladle (that I'll still give him), he needs a good cleaver and general purpose large slicing knife that both designs actually lend themselves very well to Dwarven blade smithing.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 28 G9mqGdE

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 28 RMV6xX2

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 28 ROyz82C

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Looking good!

Compared to me, everyone is busy! I've had such a lazy year, so much I should have done, but, just couldn't be bothered. Mind you, it has saved me a ton of cash, which I can put towards getting off my backside next year.

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Bifur has come together beautifully! Looking forward to Bombur.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Looking good!

Compared to me, everyone is busy! I've had such a lazy year, so much I should have done, but, just couldn't be bothered. Mind you, it has saved me a ton of cash, which I can put towards getting off my backside next year.

CHEERS!

Get any of this year's resolutions done?  Wink  Got a month left!

GubernatorFan wrote:Bifur has come together beautifully! Looking forward to Bombur.

Cheers GF! Should have decent pics of a completed Bifur soon as I literally just put down the last paint on his weapons and scabbard now.

I've finished Balin's glaive after modding the handle to make it longer like the screen version, trying to get a woven shoelace over a tube is a nightmare though! Have you ever played with a 'Chinese finger trap'? It's just like that, the harder you pull or push the tighter the inner diameter becomes. Anyway he's posed with it amongst the others, with only Nori looking jealous and wondering where his weapons are.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 28 PU0JBOy

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 28 Ivh5uql

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 28 HLM2SMy

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 28 DLdQCCx

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 28 DAci0Kr

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 28 GZqbuGd

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 28 UKJiXPW

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Nice!

I never make resolutions, you can't break what you don't make!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Nice!

I never make resolutions, you can't break what you don't make!

CHEERS!

Very true, I don't think I've actually ever made one in my life! That's how much faith I have in my commitments.. probably more to do with the fact that I absolutely hate being told what to do, even by myself! Twisted Evil

Some Bombur reference pics to peruse..

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 28 GhHfO5K

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 28 IIyGBMo

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 28 J31yXc2

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 28 SyRK0qP

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 28 Ov3PhaQ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 28 F12QPQg

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 28 GTmqtJT

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 28 DagWxXq

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 28 OstDVk6

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
He looks a lot like Obelix from Asterix.

I don't like being ordered to do stuff either, that's why I'm so glad to be out from under the yoke of the DWP. It could also be why I haven't moved yet, though being a lazy git hasn't helped either, LOL!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
He looks a lot like Obelix from Asterix.

Very much so, with a bit of Friar Tuck and a Shaolin monk mixed in too, his braided beard looks very much like the large prayer bead necklaces of the Shaolin monks but he has a shaved patch on top of his head (ironically started by the Romans to identify slaves in general, I guess Christian monks kept it as a sign of respect to Christian slaves who were slaughtered for their religion).

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 28 Asterix-and-Obelix-2

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 28 Shaolin-big-bead-necklace-15.gif

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 28 Tuck

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Good old Friar Tuck, never the best friend of Reverend Spooner!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Good old Friar Tuck, never the best friend of Reverend Spooner!

CHEERS!

Is reverend spooner a real character or are you just playing on words as he's not using a spoon? Wink
Going to start that girthy body of his tonight I think, been playing around with a complicated Transformers combiner all weekend, the large ones are a work out! Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 27 of 31]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum