OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 31]

Rogerbee

Founding Father
Looking good!

CHEERS!

peter the painter

Alex, Dwalin is coming along very well indeed, that is impressive work.

Cheers,

Peter.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Looks pretty cool. Glad to hear you’re getting your computer issues worked out.

GubernatorFan wrote:He's coming along very nicely. Glad to see your computer is back on its way to being operational.

Rogerbee wrote:Looking good!

CHEERS!

Thanks guys! Getting there slowly with the PC and Dwalin!

peter the painter wrote:Alex, Dwalin is coming along very well indeed, that is impressive work.

Cheers,

Peter.

Thank you Peter! Things are a bit basic and rough in some cases but it all takes time to build a foundation for the details. Been hampered by loosing all my reference pics so been trawling through hundreds of pictures to save for Dwalin alone!

Everything's a bit rough as I just said so don't judge it as finished at all, taking my time as stuff needs to cure and dry while I have to attend to other things related and not related to these projects..

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 RIqDMML

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 O87J1bJ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 F9ZviKj

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 FBcbnLY

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 ZscEcw2

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 UOtf3kN

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 YKheIpX

Swapped out hands..

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 MuR3s0u

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 EX8ykqT

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 BnOvawO

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 P4LsWwb

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 819l1mJ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 PHEAQiC

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 Pk3eDKE

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 5ixGqmA

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 4wggBlb

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 KEKtWlO

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 KPJUSHY

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 Y8uJ2Lt

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Certainly coming together, surprised you can do anything at all in this heat!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Certainly coming together, surprised you can do anything at all in this heat!

CHEERS!

Iwas just thinking the same thing! Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Glad to see you are back (or still) at it.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Glad to see you are back (or still) at it.

Cheers! Concentrating on the details now like the rivets on his boots, belt buckle etc.. Changed out his left hand again as the colour didn't quite match the right one and more importantly the ink for the tattoos smudged when I applied matte clear. I also changed out one of the axe handles to make them a matching pair since I knew it would bug me otherwise Wink . Bits and bobs, it just takes time redoing stuff so I'm happy with it.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 6VZCufJ

The lighter hand on the right (his left hand) is the one that later smudges.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 ZZUU7EQ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 Ne3PBOB

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 ETGufUJ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 MUYuRTM

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 9gzRkOv

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 HZJ2fds

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 TRHiWa4

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 GuNUW6D

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 C9lDvnT

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 OQ7VxFP

Harder to tell in the pics but the ink went 'runny' with the clear coat.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 PaJ1p6j

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 XRfD6DT

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 XY1IrJH

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 Z46tBdG

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 Av0KcTr

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 SlHQIdW

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 W7Uuf7D

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 S3wY6L9

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 MQ9wpcY

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 XVSoNAl

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Still messing with the PC, turns out Shareit doesn't work with Win10 so had to remove it and download/install set up etc.. Roamit instead for all my devices so I could transfer reference pics to this PC, should have just used the imgur app now I think of it but wanted them all in the same folder at least on one device!
Ink washed the hands and arms so they blend better and show up the wrinkles and battle scars as well as muting the tattoos, does look better in hand than in the pics. Also added rolled up sleeves to be more costume accurate, done some initial paint on the boots and filed down the axe heads to match. Got some sculpting to do next, his big war hammer and the knuckle duster plate parts too.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 1xKkSfr

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 AWGAQoh

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 Gc4AUX9

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 WCgOoos

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 ECSvzY7

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 HV9jLJg

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 NsCf9pa

You can see his knife on the right here.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 QIh00l2

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 CMpa7IH

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 DcdG8kR

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That is looking bad-@$$. Love it.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:That is looking bad-@$$. Love it.

Thanks! Going to give him real hair on the back of his head too as I preffer the look of it and it doesn't compromise articulation.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Really coming together!

CHEERS!

peter the painter

Alex Kudos, Dwalin is looking great, I edited out the background from one of your pics, it shows up more clearly the amount of detailed work you have done to the figure so far, hope you don't mind.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 41868725810_c2181c778f_zJ0jc7AS by Peter Miles, on Flickr

Cheers,

Peter.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Really coming together!

CHEERS!

Thank you Roger!

peter the painter wrote:Alex Kudos, Dwalin is looking great, I edited out the background from one of your pics, it shows up more clearly the amount of detailed work you have done to the figure so far, hope you don't mind.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 41868725810_c2181c778f_zJ0jc7AS by Peter Miles, on Flickr

Cheers,

Peter.

Excellent idea and thank you! I'd never have the patience with a CAD program to do that, something always goes wrong 100x ! Crying or Very sad I just snap off pics and keep building, I do bother to choose the ones in focus most of the time though! Laughing It's a good way of isolating the work though for comparisons to TRT so I might use some black card in future now and again like I used to in my little bedsit years ago.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Made a scabbard for his dagger from an old Sting one cut down and glued back together. Also started his war hammer, it's amazing how long it can take to get a piece of milliput symmetrical in all directions when you need geometric shapes...I must have spent hours just squishing it back and forth while using tools to flatten edges...quite hypnotising at times!Shocked Got a good base hammer head now though to build on..

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 TqKUQoo

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 NCf02E1

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 Y9Xr9iy

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 OT5weh6

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 8KT1hi3

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 Vsm1LGF

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 R6loT9n

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 A5LIAyq

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 QTeKAAw

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 AsYXIwn

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 LBkf5q5

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 CMpa7IH

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Nice,

Couldn't you have found an oblong in whatever size you needed and worked from that? Something like an ammo box or some such?

CHEERS!

dadrab

dadrab
Damn fine efforts thus far, Chop. I'm hanging on every post.

Thank you, sir.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Nice,

Couldn't you have found an oblong in whatever size you needed and worked from that? Something like an ammo box or some such?

CHEERS!

I can't believe I didn't think of that, I'm an idiot! Oh well out of practice sculpting clay so probably good to keep my hand in now and again.. Could have just used Lego!

dadrab wrote:Damn fine efforts thus far, Chop. I'm hanging on every post.

Thank you, sir.

Cheers dadrab!

Done all the sculpting on the hammer, next will be sanding/filing etc.. especially on the the 'neck', modded the axes too. Sculpted the knuckle duster 'metal' parts (I couldn't think of any easier way for those Wink ) and have all the accoutrements ready to build them. Also added detail straps and buckles to his leather 'webbing'(?) or weight lifting harness?

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 WFzjH3U

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 9eAqvn6

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 GSIwk0G

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 Bs07QBR

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 01M431e

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 S0iQc2R

Looks 'off' but it's not.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 IOSfkdE

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 F8zOk33

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 GKznoBf

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 NOzxbZZ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 BH6klyf

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 D1wUsqP

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 KuCFGlO

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 PM6qRBl

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 21oPjZC

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
You live and learn!

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nice warrior dwarf. Love the details. I wonder if a thin semi-translucent layer of paint won't dull the tatoos a bit to make them more realistic.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:You live and learn!

CHEERS!

That's the irony though, my skill set is usually making things from other mundane things!

GubernatorFan wrote:Very nice warrior dwarf. Love the details. I wonder if a thin semi-translucent layer of paint won't dull the tatoos a bit to make them more realistic.

Good idea although they do look much better in hand no pun intended, the sepia ink helped a lot. Might add some matte clear over the sepia. Need to file and sand all the weapons now, milliput really gums up files! So much so I have to use paint stripper on them afterwards..

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
All filed and ready for paint, files now need paint stripper..

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 QEG0DIO

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 EX1oSjd

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 XiQMtEM

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 JsG6vOS

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 NLrAjPT

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 QiEv9p1

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 Nmt74ei

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Have you seen the Asmus Gimli? He came out surprisingly well.

CHEERS!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 31]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum