OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: COOMODEL & CHENTOYS: 1/6 full silicone figurative head carving #SG001

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: COOMODEL & CHENTOYS: 1/6 full silicone figurative head carving #SG001 20095612

COOMODEL X CHENTOYS SG001 1/6 SILICA GEL REALISTIC HEAD SCULPT
BARCODE: 6971242121683

Silica Gel Realistic Head Sculpt
- Realistic muscle and skin made of silica gel
- Exquisite skull inside, with a openable jaw
- Adjustable eyeballs, to make your figure alive

Notice:
- This product is compatible with COOMODEL bodies, including NO.BD001、BD002、BD003、BD004、BD007、BD008、BD009、BD010
- Applicabilities with other figure bodies are UNTESTED

headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: COOMODEL & CHENTOYS: 1/6 full silicone figurative head carving #SG001 20064810
headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: COOMODEL & CHENTOYS: 1/6 full silicone figurative head carving #SG001 20065010
headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: COOMODEL & CHENTOYS: 1/6 full silicone figurative head carving #SG001 20065210
headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: COOMODEL & CHENTOYS: 1/6 full silicone figurative head carving #SG001 20065310
headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: COOMODEL & CHENTOYS: 1/6 full silicone figurative head carving #SG001 20065410
headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: COOMODEL & CHENTOYS: 1/6 full silicone figurative head carving #SG001 20065610
headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: COOMODEL & CHENTOYS: 1/6 full silicone figurative head carving #SG001 20065710
headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: COOMODEL & CHENTOYS: 1/6 full silicone figurative head carving #SG001 20065910
headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: COOMODEL & CHENTOYS: 1/6 full silicone figurative head carving #SG001 20070110
headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: COOMODEL & CHENTOYS: 1/6 full silicone figurative head carving #SG001 20070210
headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: COOMODEL & CHENTOYS: 1/6 full silicone figurative head carving #SG001 20070310
headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: COOMODEL & CHENTOYS: 1/6 full silicone figurative head carving #SG001 20070410
headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: COOMODEL & CHENTOYS: 1/6 full silicone figurative head carving #SG001 20070610
headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: COOMODEL & CHENTOYS: 1/6 full silicone figurative head carving #SG001 20070710
headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: COOMODEL & CHENTOYS: 1/6 full silicone figurative head carving #SG001 20070810
headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: COOMODEL & CHENTOYS: 1/6 full silicone figurative head carving #SG001 20070910

#newproduct #CooModel #ChenToys #Silicone #male #headsculpt #accessory

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
on the one hand this looks quite promising, though i don't get the neck part. The look clearly portraits a buff dwayne johnson but fits onto a standard build body.

On the other hand i just had a coo model body decay over time from even a small bend in certain ankles, i shudder at the thought of how a "posed" head sculpt will look in a few years Wink

storing a body in a neutral position is one thing, but getting a face blank before storage is something for me to think about.

Nontheless i see great potential in this technique. and depending on the price range of upcoming sculpts a possible new way of battle damage.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very cool and very promising. I wish there was no permanently attached neck. Maybe one can cut it away, but that would be hassle to get right, even if possible.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Very tempting to test this one out. Cool technology

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Wouldn't it be cool if you could actually do what the second-to-last picture implies, and actually slide the face off and on an actually detailed skull?

I doubt that flexibility would ever be feasible, notwithstanding that Coo took the trouble to fully sculpt and paint an "exquisite skull inside" for photo purposes.  As it is, my big concern would be the durability of the Silica gel at all.  Let's not forget that 21st Century (I think it was) tried something like this, to their credit, 15 years ago, with the additional clever device that you could twist a key in the back of the head to make expressions.  But time was not kind to the 21st C plastic faces -- hopefuly chemistry has made advances that are reflected in the Silica Gel used here.  No one wants to see the likes of the face below -- this was a thrift store find that gave me an excellent, randomly improvised Zombie, supremely cool for a $3 purchase, but not something you'd want to see happen to a figure in your real collection.

headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: COOMODEL & CHENTOYS: 1/6 full silicone figurative head carving #SG001 30_toy10

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I saw a video on BBICN of this thing, and the skull actually does slide in and out of the silicone — that’s how you move the eyes. Creepy as hell. I do wonder though, why the manufacturer couldn’t get the eyes aligned properly for the photos so it didn’t look so derpy.

As far as CooModel bodies — yeah, they’re $@#t, and no better than most of the absolute cheap garbage knock-off bodies on the market. If the figure you’re making isn’t important, or is a background character at best, they work fine, but as something you really want to keep around for awhile — toss ‘em.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: COOMODEL & CHENTOYS: 1/6 full silicone figurative head carving #SG001 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Interesting blast from the past, MBAM.

Theflyingman

Awesome technology. But looks like we have to pad our own bodies to match? Will be awesome to see if it fits the worldbox giant bodies.

csyeung

csyeung
Neat to see this technology. Although for me it looks a bit creepy to me in it's current state. Also curious as when I saw the vids, you can open the mouth and such but it looked like it would just spring back. If you can't keep the expression, then what's the point really? PS, that face looks like when people do that singing tik tok video with pictures haha.

Diana

Diana
VERY interesting. I understand the choice of giving him a neck, too. Any standard neck I think would look weird with this detailed head, especially considering he is bald. The mismatch would be very noticeable.

So... a TBL body should be doable, no? The peg doesn't look too different...

I suspect a similar treatment for a female head would only be suitable for older characters. I can hardly imagine them pulling this off with a smooth youthful skin texture that doesn't crinkle in all the wrong places.

ahbake

This looks pretty awesome! I too have doubts about the durability of the material (and paints on the silicone), as well as the usefulness of the movable jaw, but as an advance in technology, it's quite amazing.
There's so much innovation going around in 1/6, it makes you wonder if HT is getting too complacent.
Actually, strike that, they are too complacent...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum