OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Inventory (if Dolls Could Talk)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Inventory (if Dolls Could Talk)  Empty Inventory (if Dolls Could Talk) Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:45 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
What if the figures were self-aware, as in "Toy Story."

Inventory (if Dolls Could Talk)  51678764839_c431671193_b
Page_1 by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Inventory (if Dolls Could Talk)  51677290702_9415143061_b
Page_2 by
Gary Menten, on Flickr

Inventory (if Dolls Could Talk)  51678764094_014aab531d_b
Page_3 by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Inventory (if Dolls Could Talk)  51678342613_e14ac935b0_b
Page_4 by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Inventory (if Dolls Could Talk)  51677287222_7e16c58900_b
Page_5 by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Inventory (if Dolls Could Talk)  51677286182_da19164bbf_b
Page_6 by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Inventory (if Dolls Could Talk)  51678971590_178c65f76d_b
Page_7 by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Inventory (if Dolls Could Talk)  51678090516_8f6454502f_b.
Page_8 by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Inventory (if Dolls Could Talk)  51678338218_e9d0b71b2f_b
Page_9 by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Inventory (if Dolls Could Talk)  51678088266_61353d865c_b
Page_10 by
Gary Menten, on Flickr

Inventory (if Dolls Could Talk)  51678336143_19435420e3_b
Page_11 by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Inventory (if Dolls Could Talk)  51678087416_07aaca0f49_b
Page_12 by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

If you enjoyed this, please feel free to add your own talking doll / figure inventory of recently acquired items.

2Inventory (if Dolls Could Talk)  Empty Re: Inventory (if Dolls Could Talk) Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:31 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I saw this on my phone earlier, but it was cutting off the right margin. Nice self-aware sequence, and a great way to shout out to your suppliers and fellow collectors.

3Inventory (if Dolls Could Talk)  Empty Re: Inventory (if Dolls Could Talk) Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:08 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
GubernatorFan wrote:I saw this on my phone earlier, but it was cutting off the right margin. Nice self-aware sequence, and a great way to shout out to your suppliers and fellow collectors.

I've been wanting to do something similar for a while. A couple of things happened recently that pushed me to do it now.

1. I won an eBay auction for an old CY Girls Aurora figure, minus four of the six hands. The spandex space suit was a total write-off, with both silver and white paint which flaking off with every touch. I got the figure out of the suit. I had always intended to use the suit and helmet, (straight out of Forbidden Planet) with a TBLeague figure anyway.

Noticing a certain resemblance between the CY agents head sculpt and a certain fictional FBI agent, I decided to try to fit the original body with a black pant suit & white blouse from one of my bags of spare clothing. The fit was quite good and the figure has been repurposed as Special Agent Dana Sculder of the FBI. Though the head sculpt is not on a par with today's standards, it was still quite pretty and it would have been a shame to throw it an the body away or put them in a parts box. I'm happy with the result.

2. I received three packages in the mail on Friday. One was the vintage Action Man head sculpt which Dal Lee had scrounged for me and had re flocked with the cavalry whiskers. A second was the white gloves I had ordered from eBay to make gauntlets for the new Astronette figure I'm building around that CY girls retro space helmet. The thirst was a box of parts from Toy Anxiety, with the most important thing being the Tifa boots which I intend to use as boots for my Astronette, as the Aurora figure had no real boots, but rather the suit served as a foot covering over the black high heel boots the figure comes with. The rest of the stuff inside the box...the grenades, canteens etc, where just filler to make the cost of shipping the boots worthwhile.

So instead of simply writing about what came in, why not use the figures to actually show it and why not do in in a "Toy Story" like setting where the toys are self-aware? The idea was intriguing.

4Inventory (if Dolls Could Talk)  Empty Re: Inventory (if Dolls Could Talk) Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:00 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
brilliant way to show case your new items Gary!

5Inventory (if Dolls Could Talk)  Empty Re: Inventory (if Dolls Could Talk) Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:41 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
BAMComix wrote:brilliant way to show case your new items Gary!

I just think it's a more amusing way of doing it than simply posting a list. We after all, have created our own little worlds, created characters and defined their personalities, in some cases to the Nth degree. So why not do it if you have the means?

6Inventory (if Dolls Could Talk)  Empty Re: Inventory (if Dolls Could Talk) Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:59 am

csyeung

csyeung
Such a fun strip! Kinda like breaking the 4th wall, I like it!

7Inventory (if Dolls Could Talk)  Empty Re: Inventory (if Dolls Could Talk) Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:49 pm

davidd

davidd
"So she can continue to secretly make out with Tabi?"

Or... something like that? scratch

Laura wearing an officer's cap is so cuuute!   Inventory (if Dolls Could Talk)  1f60d

8Inventory (if Dolls Could Talk)  Empty Re: Inventory (if Dolls Could Talk) Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:48 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
davidd wrote:"So she can continue to secretly make out with Tabi?"

Or... something like that? scratch

Laura wearing an officer's cap is so cuuute!   Inventory (if Dolls Could Talk)  1f60d

American Volunteer Group; AKA "The Flying Tigers." Gotten off Banjoman on Ebay.

9Inventory (if Dolls Could Talk)  Empty Re: Inventory (if Dolls Could Talk) Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:49 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
csyeung wrote:Such a fun strip! Kinda like breaking the 4th wall, I like it!

That was the whole idea.

10Inventory (if Dolls Could Talk)  Empty Re: Inventory (if Dolls Could Talk) Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:51 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Haha brilliant. I imagine my box of heads complaining all the time and acreaming 'pick me pick me!!' when I open it.

Fun idea with the space suit. Although I had hoped for a more realistic, less retro scifi helmet when it was first mentioned haha.

11Inventory (if Dolls Could Talk)  Empty Re: Inventory (if Dolls Could Talk) Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:58 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Ovy wrote:Haha brilliant. I imagine my box of heads complaining all the time and acreaming 'pick me pick me!!' when I open it.

Fun idea with the space suit. Although I had hoped for a more realistic, less retro scifi helmet when it was first mentioned haha.

The space helmet is an almost exact copy of the canopy of the robot from Forbidden Planet.

12Inventory (if Dolls Could Talk)  Empty Re: Inventory (if Dolls Could Talk) Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:01 pm

SithDarkLordDFC

SithDarkLordDFC
In my case, all of my figures are screaming . . . forever trapped in their boxes, cases, storage containers . . . screams of absolute horror, pain, and turmoil . . . knowing they'll never be freed from captivity.

~ Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

Inventory (if Dolls Could Talk)  23116610

13Inventory (if Dolls Could Talk)  Empty Re: Inventory (if Dolls Could Talk) Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:27 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I’m very late to the party here, but I can’t believe how well Aurora’s head works for Dana Scully. That was some pretty inspired casting!

14Inventory (if Dolls Could Talk)  Empty Re: Inventory (if Dolls Could Talk) Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:16 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Xavion2004 wrote:I’m very late to the party here, but I can’t believe how well Aurora’s head works for Dana Scully.  That was some pretty inspired casting!

Thanks. I think it works pretty well also.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum