OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: SooSoo Toys: Classic Trickster 1/6 Collectible Figure [SST-031]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The Collectible Figurine special features:
One(1)Classic Trickster helmeted head sculpt with two(2)interchangeable of
Faces capturing the character’s facial expressions (neutral and angry expression)
-Body with over 30points of articulations

Approximately 30CM tall:
-Eight(8)pieces of interchangeable palms including:
-One(1)pair of fists
-One(1)pair of relax hands
-One(1)pair of holding holy grail hands
-One(1)pair of using magic hands

Costume:
-One(1)Classic Trickster suit
-One(1)pair yellow shoes

Accessories:
-One(1)1/6 crocodile
-One(1)1/6 frog
-One(1) 1/6 damaged helmet
-One(1) 1/6 holy grail
-One(1)figure stand

-PROTOTYPE SHOWN,FINAL PRODUCT MAY BE SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT-

PayApp-based - NEW PRODUCT: SooSoo Toys: Classic Trickster 1/6 Collectible Figure [SST-031] 11601
PayApp-based - NEW PRODUCT: SooSoo Toys: Classic Trickster 1/6 Collectible Figure [SST-031] 2902
PayApp-based - NEW PRODUCT: SooSoo Toys: Classic Trickster 1/6 Collectible Figure [SST-031] 3604
PayApp-based - NEW PRODUCT: SooSoo Toys: Classic Trickster 1/6 Collectible Figure [SST-031] 4562
PayApp-based - NEW PRODUCT: SooSoo Toys: Classic Trickster 1/6 Collectible Figure [SST-031] 5531
PayApp-based - NEW PRODUCT: SooSoo Toys: Classic Trickster 1/6 Collectible Figure [SST-031] 6497
PayApp-based - NEW PRODUCT: SooSoo Toys: Classic Trickster 1/6 Collectible Figure [SST-031] 7481
PayApp-based - NEW PRODUCT: SooSoo Toys: Classic Trickster 1/6 Collectible Figure [SST-031] 8453
PayApp-based - NEW PRODUCT: SooSoo Toys: Classic Trickster 1/6 Collectible Figure [SST-031] 9437
PayApp-based - NEW PRODUCT: SooSoo Toys: Classic Trickster 1/6 Collectible Figure [SST-031] 10414
PayApp-based - NEW PRODUCT: SooSoo Toys: Classic Trickster 1/6 Collectible Figure [SST-031] 11602
PayApp-based - NEW PRODUCT: SooSoo Toys: Classic Trickster 1/6 Collectible Figure [SST-031] 12374
PayApp-based - NEW PRODUCT: SooSoo Toys: Classic Trickster 1/6 Collectible Figure [SST-031] 13355
PayApp-based - NEW PRODUCT: SooSoo Toys: Classic Trickster 1/6 Collectible Figure [SST-031] 14331
PayApp-based - NEW PRODUCT: SooSoo Toys: Classic Trickster 1/6 Collectible Figure [SST-031] 15309
PayApp-based - NEW PRODUCT: SooSoo Toys: Classic Trickster 1/6 Collectible Figure [SST-031] 16286
PayApp-based - NEW PRODUCT: SooSoo Toys: Classic Trickster 1/6 Collectible Figure [SST-031] 17268
PayApp-based - NEW PRODUCT: SooSoo Toys: Classic Trickster 1/6 Collectible Figure [SST-031] 18252
PayApp-based - NEW PRODUCT: SooSoo Toys: Classic Trickster 1/6 Collectible Figure [SST-031] 19223
PayApp-based - NEW PRODUCT: SooSoo Toys: Classic Trickster 1/6 Collectible Figure [SST-031] 20181
PayApp-based - NEW PRODUCT: SooSoo Toys: Classic Trickster 1/6 Collectible Figure [SST-031] 21207
PayApp-based - NEW PRODUCT: SooSoo Toys: Classic Trickster 1/6 Collectible Figure [SST-031] 22179

#newproduct #SooSooToys #ClassicTrickster #male #comicbook #villain #PayApp-Based

csyeung

csyeung
Looks great! Loki gator and Frog thor

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I can’t believe they threw in a Frog Thor! They get major style points for that. This is easily one of the best comic accurate figures I’ve seen in 1/6 so far. I like to keep my comic accurate Marvel and DC figures in the Marvel Legends/Mafex scale. Otherwise, I would probably be all over this.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Xavion2004 wrote:I can’t believe they threw in a Frog Thor!  They get major style points for that.   This is easily one of the best comic accurate figures I’ve seen in 1/6 so far.  I like to keep my comic accurate Marvel and DC figures in the Marvel Legends/Mafex scale.  Otherwise, I would probably be all over this.

The comics-accuracy is incidental -- this is Richard Grant as classic Loki, one of the variants from the Loki Disney Series.  So the actual credit for corresponding in style to the comics goes to the TV series designer.  Alligator Loki is also a Loki variant from the same series.  And Walter Simonson's Frog Thor also appears in the series, but only as a quick Easter Egg.  (Nevertheless it made enough of an impression that even the Lego version of Loki from the Disney Series is accompanied by a miniscule Frog Thor).

I am surprised and very much impressed that SooSoo Toys avoided using some standard muscular 1/6 body, and went to the trouble of adopting a much more unusual "dad bod".  As it turns out this was actually a big deal for the actor Richard Grant himself as in the amusing quote below:

Though Grant seemingly enjoyed playing the character, there was one thing he didn't appreciate. In the Marvel Studios Assembled documentary, Grant reflected on playing Classic Loki, saying he had an early question about his costume. "So I said, 'So it's in the green Lycra bodysuit with muscles,'" he recalled asking Marvel. According to Grant, "They said, 'No, you're not gonna have the muscles.'" The actor joked he was "very distraught" by the lack of musculature. Grant said, "having been born without any" muscles, he thought he would finally get to don a muscle-bound costume. It clearly didn't happen.

shazzdan

shazzdan
Looks like Dustin Hoffman to me.

Diana

Diana
LOL!
Amazing, how much attention these variants are getting. Fun though! Very Happy

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’m just happy for anyone that gets any of these one-off type of characters that the licensed companies seem unwilling to touch. Whatever people may feel about these illegally made figures, they certainly fill a demand in our niche little hobby.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

PayApp-based - NEW PRODUCT: SooSoo Toys: Classic Trickster 1/6 Collectible Figure [SST-031] C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I saw this yesterday and was wondering what it was. Thanks for shedding light on it MBAM, and for posting it up in glorious detail, Mark. The critter gods are delightful. This Loki is not exactly exciting to me, but it does look like they have pulled off another very successful rendition, filling another niche that others have not thought of yet.

csyeung

csyeung
Looks like the new president loki by hot toys also has a loki gator, who did it better? Soosoo or Hot toys? hehehe.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:I saw this yesterday and was wondering what it was. Thanks for shedding light on it MBAM, and for posting it up in glorious detail, Mark. The critter gods are delightful. This Loki is not exactly exciting to me, but it does look like they have pulled off another very successful rendition, filling another niche that others have not thought of yet.

Technically, not completely a niche that absolutely no one has thought of yet, to the extent that comics-Loki got a 1/6 figure in the last wave of Captain Action.  So the real news is the Richard Grant sculpt: an appealing actor but I can't think of a specific character I'd want to bash.

Captain Action (Dr Evil) Loki was actually pretty good within the lower cost and simpler material limitations of that line (including using a mask rather than a headsculpt).  Here he is, showing miniscule Lego Frog Thor:

PayApp-based - NEW PRODUCT: SooSoo Toys: Classic Trickster 1/6 Collectible Figure [SST-031] Img_4210PayApp-based - NEW PRODUCT: SooSoo Toys: Classic Trickster 1/6 Collectible Figure [SST-031] Img_4211

Stryker2011 wrote:I’m just happy for anyone that gets any of these one-off type of characters that the licensed companies seem unwilling to touch. Whatever people may feel about these illegally made figures, they certainly fill a demand in our niche little hobby.

Actually I don't think this is one "of these one-off type of characters that the licensed companies seem unwilling to touch" as I suspect Hot Toys would probably have made him next, but maybe not now that SooSoo got there first.  HT have shown the leads "main Loki" and Sylvie as well as President Loki (a very easy variation) so he might well have been next.  But this SooSoo Toys is excellent, so no regrets,

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
MBAM, your knowledge of these things is truly profound. Thanks for providing perspective. But SooSoo is providing a high-end realistic rendition of the character (I didn't realize it was derived from comics alone), and possibly taking a chance (or more than one).

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:MBAM, your knowledge of these things is truly profound. Thanks for providing perspective. But SooSoo is providing a high-end realistic rendition of the character (I didn't realize it was derived from comics alone), and possibly taking a chance (or more than one).

My description may have been confusing: at the same time, this is fully comics accurate, but also it is the Richard Grant Loki variant from the TV Series. That was actually the brilliant joke of it: the show has Loki "variants," and so Richard Grant showed up (at the end credits of a middle episode) not in the Loki MCU gear but the vintage cheesier comics costume. There was a similar riff in Captain America the First Avenger where Evans, before being given a more adjusted MCU costume, appeared onstage at WW2 USO shows wearing the full-on Captain America 1940's comics outfit.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:My description may have been confusing: at the same time, this is fully comics accurate, but also it is the Richard Grant Loki variant from the TV Series.  That was actually the brilliant joke of it: the show has Loki "variants," and so Richard Grant showed up (at the end credits of a middle episode) not in the Loki MCU gear but the vintage cheesier comics costume.  There was a similar riff in Captain America the First Avenger where Evans, before being given a more adjusted MCU costume, appeared onstage at WW2 USO shows wearing the full-on Captain America 1940's comics outfit.

Well, I'm glad it satisfies two audiences at once. Smile

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:Well, I'm glad it satisfies two audiences at once. Smile

Expect no less from a God of Mischief...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum