OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: 108Toys: 1/6 Scale Death God

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Appendix:
Head sculpt x1, replacement face x 2 eye effects x 2 (with purple light effect on the eyes)
1/6 character height (approximately 45cm)
Hand x 3 opponent types include:
A pair of holding hands
A pair of fisting hands
A pair of open palms
Dress Accessories:
★Armor*1 piece (detachable)
★Skirt*1
★Armor boots*1 pair
★Armor bracers*1 pair
★Weapon*1
Approximately 60 openings throughout the body

108Toys - NEW PRODUCT: 108Toys: 1/6 Scale Death God F832ec10
108Toys - NEW PRODUCT: 108Toys: 1/6 Scale Death God C3fc4e10
108Toys - NEW PRODUCT: 108Toys: 1/6 Scale Death God 48984110
108Toys - NEW PRODUCT: 108Toys: 1/6 Scale Death God 3efb8910
108Toys - NEW PRODUCT: 108Toys: 1/6 Scale Death God 4f504610
108Toys - NEW PRODUCT: 108Toys: 1/6 Scale Death God 3f567b10
108Toys - NEW PRODUCT: 108Toys: 1/6 Scale Death God Edc84910
108Toys - NEW PRODUCT: 108Toys: 1/6 Scale Death God Aea22210
108Toys - NEW PRODUCT: 108Toys: 1/6 Scale Death God Fe201210
108Toys - NEW PRODUCT: 108Toys: 1/6 Scale Death God 07cc2310
108Toys - NEW PRODUCT: 108Toys: 1/6 Scale Death God Dee76510
108Toys - NEW PRODUCT: 108Toys: 1/6 Scale Death God Eeff7e10
108Toys - NEW PRODUCT: 108Toys: 1/6 Scale Death God A4f4b110
108Toys - NEW PRODUCT: 108Toys: 1/6 Scale Death God 7cb1b410

#newproduct #108Toys #DeathGod #male #movie-based #comicbook

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Pretty cool. Looks like a form of Thanos.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
It’s essentially the DC version of him: Doomsday. Or, technically, almost everything Marvel did came after DC did it first, so really, Thanos is the Marvel version of this guy.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

108Toys - NEW PRODUCT: 108Toys: 1/6 Scale Death God C8485110

brazybear

brazybear
No, that's Darkseid.

She's brushing her hair aside, NOT punching herself in the face Laughing

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
brazybear wrote:No, that's Darkseid.  

In fairness to Stryker2011, it seems he was himself thinking of Darkseid not Doomsday, and just slipped on the name.  He said "It’s essentially the DC version of him [Thanos]" and you wouldn't say that about Doomsday.  To complicate matters this Snyderverse version of Darkseid borrows a lot visually from Doomsday, so it looks more like comics Doomsday than does the Snyderverse Doomsday himself.

As to Stryker2011's second and more general proposition, I respectfully don't think that's right -- from the beginnings of Doom Patrol /XMen parallellisms, which were close but apparently incidental.  A lot of the artistic advances were Marvel's first, while a lot of the character parallellisms are kinda automatic.  Everybody has to have a water guy, a shrinking tiny guy, etc.  Complicating the issue there are all the deliberate parodic versions of other's characters, like the Squadron Supreme for the JLA, etc.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yeah, sorry. Got the names mixed. But, yeah — DC was around a long time before Marvel came on the scene, so I always thought it was weird thatMarvel had pretty much all the same characters that DC had — though I always thought the Marvel characters “looked” cooler, and less “silly” than their DC forebears. Whether the creators at Marvel directly copied the “ideas” is debatable, but the comparisons can be made, or one could say — if you can think of it, someone else probably already thought of it as well.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

108Toys - NEW PRODUCT: 108Toys: 1/6 Scale Death God C8485110

csyeung

csyeung
I think back in the day the ideas were freely flowing, especially since creators bounced back and forth between the two companies. Hey why not double dip! Great for DC fans although it looks a bit like a marvel legends figure to me. Looks like the version at the beginning of JL. Personally if I was into the character, I'd like the bigger beefier version at the end that looks more menacing.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Stryker2011 wrote:Yeah, sorry. Got the names mixed. But, yeah — DC was around a long time before Marvel came on the scene, so I always thought it was weird thatMarvel had pretty much all the same characters that DC had — though I always thought the Marvel characters “looked” cooler, and less “silly” than their DC forebears. Whether the creators at Marvel directly copied the “ideas” is debatable, but the comparisons can be made, or one could say — if you can think of it, someone else probably already thought of it as well.

Jack Kirby left DC for Marvel in 1971 because they gave him more creative control, presumably better money, and his own set of connected books, the New Gods, for which he created Darkseid. In those days it was a foregone conclusion that artists did not work for both Marvel and DC. When Jim Starlin created Thanos in 1973 arguably, he wasn’t borrowing a specific character so much as he was shooting for a certain “Kirby-ness” quality that Marvel was now missing after Kirby left. Mostly, Starlin borrowed from a New Gods character called Metron (Spock-like), but then a Marvel editor said to him “If you are going to copy, copy the good one,” i.e Darkseid (who was Dr-Doom-like).

Though Darkseid and Thanos are within the same comic book type, their essences quickly diverged. Darkseid stories stayed in the same mindset that Kirby carried from WWII, “Freedom is good, Nazi Tyrant bad,” which is powerful but not subtle. (Most of the DC guys were older than the Marvel guys). While Thanos got the Marvel treatment, which was more coloured by Vietnam and then Watergate, so he was more philosophically complicated and nihilistic. Thanos was strengthened by Marvel letting him be used almost exclusively by one very talented writer/artist, his creator Jim Starlin. Darkseid got a boost as a surprise villain for the Legion of Super Heroes, and more so when DC realized they didn’t have anyone else who could stand up in an actual fistfight with Superman. (Later they created Doomsday for that purpose, but Doomsday killed Superman first time out, so he was kind of used up -- how do you top that in a second appearance?)

Both Darkseid and Thanos consistently make it into a Top Ten list of comic book villains (before and after their movie versions), so it’s all good.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I was hoping for Ryuk.

Delanie

Delanie
What are the '60 openings throughout the body'?

Just my "2 pen'eth" I always thought the marvel characters were more realistic they all had a vaguely fleshed out back story and lived in the real world and the idea of the masks worked (not just glasses, Clark!) The DC characters always seemed too over powered. I used buy comic books on order from our store for my brother and I but went off them in the late 80's when all the cross overs started and even my beloved X-men went down the tubes with the alternate reality and mutant registration act nonsense.

The above being said I used to like the Jim Starlin work on Adam Warlock etc. and for me the classic xmen was Chris Clairmont and Walt Simmonson for Thor

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum