OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Randam's random pics

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 27]

46Randam's random pics - Page 3 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:41 am

brassco

oh wow...i know someone is getting a competition in the photography department! Did you guys all use expensive cameras? or is it the skills?

47Randam's random pics - Page 3 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:15 am

skywalkersaga

brassco, I have the same questions. The photography side of this hobby is honestly one of the most frustrating parts of it for me. I don't *want* to invest money in photography equipment when I've already had to invest so much in art supplies and the figures themselves. It's just too expensive for me at this point. I know there are ways to do it cheaply, but even my current phone is terrible and not good enough to hold all the various photo apps people use. And even just the LED lights for photography are so expensive. At this rate, it will take me years before I can have a set up that is good enough to do justice to my figures.

My preference is to just take outdoor photos, since you don't have to purchase anything for that. But outdoor photography doesn't work for every type of figure....

48Randam's random pics - Page 3 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:24 am

Valiarde

In my opinion, experience/skill while always good and helpful, isn't the main part, neither is the cam. The most important part is the lighting. You don't need a super expensive camera especially indoors (shooting with aperture f8-f13 you won't see a quality difference on internet screen between the different cams and lenses) 

You need good lights and a tripod and any low class slr, dslr, even smartphone wouldn't be bad here.

Just my thoughts on this subject.

49Randam's random pics - Page 3 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:41 am

skywalkersaga

Valiarde wrote:In my opinion, experience/skill while always good and helpful, isn't the main part, neither is the cam. The most important part is the lighting. You don't need a super expensive camera especially indoors (shooting with aperture f8-f13 you won't see a quality difference on internet screen between the different cams and lenses) 

You need good lights and a tripod and any low class slr, dslr, even smartphone wouldn't be bad here.

Just my thoughts on this subject.

Thanks for the tips. <3

(And don't mind me, I'm just moaning. It's easy to become demoralised when I feel like I've still got so far to go before I can even share pictures.... )

50Randam's random pics - Page 3 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:56 am

Diana

Diana
skywalkersaga wrote:(And don't mind me, I'm just moaning. It's easy to become demoralised when I feel like I've still got so far to go before I can even share pictures.... )
I'm using my iPhone and a small RGB ring light from Amazon for ~20 bucks. The other lights are nothing special, except in those two colors shots, which I take with two Phillips Hue lights. They are expensive, but so worth it every day. Smile

51Randam's random pics - Page 3 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:00 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Diana -- yeah, I think basic photos are doable, but I'm thinking about my SW photoshoots....with lightsabers and all that.... it gets a bit overwhelming. Randam's random pics - Page 3 1f605

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

52Randam's random pics - Page 3 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:07 am

Diana

Diana
skywalkersaga wrote:Diana -- yeah, I think basic photos are doable, but I'm thinking about my SW photoshoots....with lightsabers and all that.... it gets a bit overwhelming.  Randam's random pics - Page 3 1f605
I understand. I do have a decent camera and never bother taking it out, because I'd much rather just quickly take some snap shots. But if you want to achieve a high standard, then it still needn't be expensive in terms of lighting, which is the most important. And maybe you can get a used camera?

53Randam's random pics - Page 3 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:18 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I'll look into that, Diana! In the meantime, apologies to Randam for going off topic! Embarassed

54Randam's random pics - Page 3 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:43 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
@Skywalkersaga
I completely agree with Valiarde on the importance of lighting. I'm using a pretty expensive camera and lenses but to be honest, the biggest improvements in my photos were due to using extra lights (I'm still a layman in photography!). I'm currently using small inexpensive video LED lamps from Amazon, which allow for pretty flexible illumination of 1/6 scenes. Also, I feel that the Makro function on most modern cell phones is on par with DSLRs and dedicated lenses -- so there is no need for big investments.

I hope to see some of your figures soon (I remember some very nice pictures of Anakin/Padme some time ago!). Please don't get discouraged, photography is a learning process!

55Randam's random pics - Page 3 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:58 am

davidd

davidd
skywalkersaga wrote:And even just the LED lights for photography are so expensive.

I'm finding this lighting discussion quite interesting, and I wanted to add my two cents in response to this question, but as skywalkersaga notes, the conversation is veering fairly far off-topic. I've started a GENERAL PHOTOGRAPHY: LIGHTING topic in hopes that we might continue sharing information rather than continuing to hijack Randam's thread:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t5272-general-photography-lighting

56Randam's random pics - Page 3 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:59 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Randam Hajile wrote:@Skywalkersaga
I completely agree with Valiarde on the importance of lighting. I'm using a pretty expensive camera and lenses but to be honest, the biggest improvements in my photos were due to using extra lights (I'm still a layman in photography!). I'm currently using small inexpensive video LED lamps from Amazon, which allow for pretty flexible illumination of 1/6 scenes. Also, I feel that the Makro function on most modern cell phones is on par with DSLRs and dedicated lenses -- so there is no need for big investments.

I hope to see some of your figures soon (I remember some very nice pictures of Anakin/Padme some time ago!). Please don't get discouraged, photography is a learning process!

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement! And I'm very much enjoying this thread, your work is very inspiring!

57Randam's random pics - Page 3 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:13 pm

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Thank you Randam and everyone else for the tips on lighting, very thoroughly informative and will surely make a big difference in our own photography in the future. I've already taken the first steps in purchasing some of those lights, can't wait to try them out and experiment, will hopefully get similar results to Randam, Valiarde and Diana's recent stunning work.

That shot of the biker girl in the Cindy clothes is just incredible, and so atmospheric! Fantastic mood lighting on that one. 👍 Can't wait to see more random beautiful photography, it's pure eye candy.

58Randam's random pics - Page 3 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:56 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
So, here is another shot from the cyberpunk setting. The background is a little too soft for my taste (F/7 would have been better Sad )...

Randam's random pics - Page 3 51845317238_ce3561a6ea_kCJ3A4111Corr by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

For those interested in lighting:

1) Key light on figure is coming from the right side.
2) There is an orange LED from above the background screen (emulating neon sign) -> hair light for background separation
3) There is a dim blue light from the left side -> rim light for background separation
4) Diffuse fill light is coming from my living room lamps.

Thanks for watching.

59Randam's random pics - Page 3 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:19 am

Diana

Diana
Randam Hajile wrote:So, here is another shot from the cyberpunk setting. The background is a little too soft for my taste (F/7 would have been better Sad )...

[image]

2) There is an orange LED from above the background screen (emulating neon sign) -> hair light for background separation
3) There is a dim blue light from the left side -> rim light for background separation

Thanks for watching.

AWESOME!! What a great shot again (love that sculpt!) and thank you so much for the surrounding information! Very useful and inspiring. Can't wait to start a new photo shoot with the lights I ordered yesterday. Very Happy

60Randam's random pics - Page 3 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:21 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Another beautifully-lit pic, Randam. And thanks for the specific breakdown of the lighting you used.

61Randam's random pics - Page 3 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:23 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Excellent photo and great lighting info. I actually don’t mind the softer focus background as it keeps the focus where it should be.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Randam's random pics - Page 3 C8485110

62Randam's random pics - Page 3 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:58 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
I agree, another excellent shot of a wonderful figure!

63Randam's random pics - Page 3 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:43 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Another absolutely gorgeous photo. I see what you mean about the soft background, but I think it works beautifully anyway. Perhaps there is mist in the air. Or perhaps it is an artsy shot focusing on a girl and her toy.

64Randam's random pics - Page 3 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:54 am

Illusion

Illusion
Yeah, thanks for sharing...
you just caused me to spend money again Rolling Eyes
There will be two more lights being in my way looking for space in a cluttered room.

Wink

65Randam's random pics - Page 3 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:10 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
@all
I'm glad that you like it. Thank you.

@Illusion
Uh-oh... I cannot be held responsible for any action you take after looking at my photos.Very Happy I hope you soon share some pics taken with your new lighting equipment.

Here is my next snapshot. No scantily clad girls this time, as I fear I get a reputation for this sort of stuff...

"Fear the Clicker!"
Randam's random pics - Page 3 51850182659_f0bb357ec8_kCJ3A4161 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Thanks for looking!

66Randam's random pics - Page 3 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:32 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That's a great pic!!!

67Randam's random pics - Page 3 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:58 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s a very cool photo. Love it.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Randam's random pics - Page 3 C8485110

68Randam's random pics - Page 3 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:09 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Another very nice one, Randam!

69Randam's random pics - Page 3 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:22 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Really great shots, specially that last one with the clicker.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Randam's random pics - Page 3 1f60e

70Randam's random pics - Page 3 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:55 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Another awesome shot! Nicely blended between figures and backdrop!

71Randam's random pics - Page 3 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:12 am

Ovy

Ovy
Random/Randam shots really have become a quality trademark recently. cheers
Really like the transition of the background and the shrubbery in the new one.
Light on all pics 11/10.
Those neon bike shots look like from a movie.

72Randam's random pics - Page 3 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:06 am

brassco

brassco
Randam Hajile wrote:So, here is another shot from the cyberpunk setting. The background is a little too soft for my taste (F/7 would have been better Sad )...

Randam's random pics - Page 3 51845317238_ce3561a6ea_kCJ3A4111Corr by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Thanks for watching.

if you reshoot this with a small bust model, it will be perfect....just my preference. Great shots as always!

73Randam's random pics - Page 3 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:17 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That is a small bust model..... isn't it? It's the new tbleague (Saintess Knight) body....

74Randam's random pics - Page 3 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:25 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Yes, you're right, Sky! Among TBleague bodies only S17B has a slightly smaller bust.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum