OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Help on touching up a Hot toys Captain Rex Helmet

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

McAllen'sFinest

McAllen'sFinest
Hello everyone, I have a problem with my hot toys Captain Rex Helmet as it has a small scratch that really sticks out and especially when lights shine on it.

I've requested a replacement from Sideshow and after a hastle with other problems that I've gotten fixed now, my only problem is this as they sent me a replacement Helmet that has the off centered blue stripe on the middle of the helmet and they don't want to send me another one with the proper printing so, now I'm going back to my original helmet and asking the question is there anything I can do by painting or coloring or something to make it blend in to the rest of the helmet? it's just a shine scratch where there is no printing on it.

I have absolutly no experience with dealing with anything like this so any ideas would be grealy appericated otherwise I'm gonna have to shell out more money on a loose helmet unfortunatly.

Help on touching up a Hot toys Captain Rex Helmet Img_1311

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
All I can think of is a fine bristle brush and acrylic paint (if you can match the color).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Help on touching up a Hot toys Captain Rex Helmet C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Sorry for your troubles. I’m thinking maybe going over the scratch with fine dots in multiple matching shades of acrylic modelling paint with the tip of a toothpick maybe?

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

obiwankanIbe

So.. is this correct that you have two Rex helmets that aren't right? I'd like to help even if it means fixing it myself but I need to understand the imperfections better for both helmets or the ONE you really need help with. You lost me when you said "my only problem is this as they sent me a replacement Helmet that has the off centered blue stripe on the middle of the helmet". I have this figure myself and do nut understand which in the middle of the helmet stripe you are referencing. Is one of your problems that the stripe is off centered? Regarding the picture you posted, is the bare white spot the actual problem on that helmet?

obiwankanIbe

So.. is this correct that you have two Rex helmets that aren't right? I'd like to help even if it means fixing it myself but I need to understand the imperfections better for both helmets or the ONE you really need help with. You lost me when you said "my only problem is this as they sent me a replacement Helmet that has the off centered blue stripe on the middle of the helmet". I have this figure myself and do nut understand which in the middle of the helmet stripe you are referencing. Is one of your problems that the stripe is off centered? Regarding the picture you posted, is the bare white spot the actual problem on that helmet?

View user profile Send private message

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Perhaps OP can share a more 'zoomed out' photo of the helmt so we can see what is being referred to within the context of the overall appearance?

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum