OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Phicen / Jiaou ?

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1phicen - Phicen / Jiaou ? Empty Phicen / Jiaou ? Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:34 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Hi All,
by ordering Steel Skeleton Bodys im a little confused now. At first the brand was Phicen, then TB League... now i see the same bodys as Jiaou ? Same stuff, same Quality ? Is the skin tone a shade lighter ? Someone of You has One ?

Greetings

Eph

#discussion #phicen #tbleague #jiaou

2phicen - Phicen / Jiaou ? Empty Re: Phicen / Jiaou ? Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:07 pm

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
PHICEN is the same as TBLeague.  Same company, but due to branding "complications" a year or so ago they changed their brand name to TBLeague.  However, most still refer to them as PHICEN and the PHICEN name is still referenced/used.

JIAOU DOLL is a completely different and new company.  They offer their own 1:6 seamless body (female and male), but their design and quality is nowhere the design and quality as PHICEN/TBLeague.  JIAOU DOLL though does offer more skin tone selection that will better match some head sculpts, but that's about it.

The overall consensus I've seen is the majority still prefer PHICEN/TBLeague.  JIAOU DOLL is considered a cheaper alternative, but most are still hesitant about them.  Their male seamless bodies though offer more "junk" sizes compared to the male muscular bodies from PHICEN/TBLeague.

I hope the preceding enlightens you.

3phicen - Phicen / Jiaou ? Empty Re: Phicen / Jiaou ? Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:39 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Thank You very much. The point was i was searching at " The Bay " for male phichen bodys. What You will find are at first 100 Jiaou Bodys, exactly like the phichen ones... optical... Tricky company and the price is nearby the same like phichen ones.

4phicen - Phicen / Jiaou ? Empty Re: Phicen / Jiaou ? Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:43 pm

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
Ephiane wrote:Thank You very much. The point was i was searching at  " The Bay " for male phichen bodys. What You will find are at first 100 Jiaou Bodys, exactly like the phichen ones... optical... Tricky company and the price is nearby the same like phichen ones.

--

IMHO . . .

JIAOU DOLL bodies should be no where the near the same price as PHICEN/TBLeague bodies.

JIAOU DOLL bodies should be less.

I'm also weary of deceptive sellers pitching JIAOU DOLL bodies like PHICEN/TBLeague bodies.

Honest sellers will clearly differentiate between the real deal PHICEN/TBLeague bodies and JIAOU DOLL bodies.

5phicen - Phicen / Jiaou ? Empty Re: Phicen / Jiaou ? Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:45 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The only good thing I’ve seen come out of the rise of Jiaou Doll is the price drop for TBLeague bodies; however, the price of a boxed set for TBL has gone up. You win, you lose...

He who dies with the most toys wins!

phicen - Phicen / Jiaou ? C8485110

6phicen - Phicen / Jiaou ? Empty Re: Phicen / Jiaou ? Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:54 pm

MarkEl

This might help as a visual comparison. It’s from a recent ‘dusting’. The top and middle rows are all Phicen figures. The bottom row is Jiaou. Definitely some colour and build variations. It just depends what you’re looking to create. DFC’s summary is spot on. GubFan has some good comparison pics.

phicen - Phicen / Jiaou ? Be9bb210

7phicen - Phicen / Jiaou ? Empty Re: Phicen / Jiaou ? Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:56 pm

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
MarkEl wrote:This might help as a visual comparison. It’s from a recent ‘dusting’.  The top and middle rows are all Phicen figures.  The bottom row is Jiaou. Definitely some colour and build variations. It just depends what you’re looking to create. DFC’s summary is spot on.   GubFan has some good comparison pics.

phicen - Phicen / Jiaou ? Be9bb210

--

MarkEl:

Can you please enlighten us with your selection of brushes for those of inclined to build our own collection of brushes to use with our seamless bodies?

8phicen - Phicen / Jiaou ? Empty Re: Phicen / Jiaou ? Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:05 pm

MarkEl

Sure, it’s a make-up brush set from Amazon. It has 10 in the set with different shaped tips. I picked it out based on good reviews. It was the equivalent of about 8-10 USD if I recall. Lots of options online.

9phicen - Phicen / Jiaou ? Empty Re: Phicen / Jiaou ? Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:17 pm

onesixthwarrior

onesixthwarrior
Thanks for posting that comparison photo. It's nice to see the skin tones side-by-side.

10phicen - Phicen / Jiaou ? Empty Re: Phicen / Jiaou ? Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:22 pm

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
MarkEl wrote:Sure, it’s a make-up brush set from Amazon. It has 10 in the set with different shaped tips.  I picked it out based on good reviews. It was the equivalent of about 8-10 USD if I recall.  Lots of options online.  

--

MarkEl:

Can you please post the link to it on Amazon?

I'll buy it for use in caring for my PHICEN seamless ladies and possibly buy it for personal use on the last Saturday of every month at the cabaret club when I take the stage and . . .

OH . . . sorry. Wrong group to post that.

11phicen - Phicen / Jiaou ? Empty Re: Phicen / Jiaou ? Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:37 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ephiane, as DFC reported they are different companies. Jiaou bodies are cheaper not so much in price as in not having an entirely-steel skeleton (there are steel joints but not the entire skeleton). This makes their movement a little less smooth, and the range of movement and holding a pose is slightly inferior to the all-steel Phicen/TBLeague ones. The rubbery skin works similarly, but is a little less supple, and is reported to be a different material. The price of Jiaou products is surprisingly usually as high or higher as those by TBLeague.

When looking for specifically TBLeague (Phicen) bodies, throw in the product number (e.g., M30, M31, M32, M33, M34, and the upcoming M35 for males, and S23B or whatever for females).

Here is a comparison of the different Jiaou male and female bodies I had posted on OSW some time ago. Besides these, there is a KT body color for the female bodies, which is almost identical to but a little bit lighter than the wheat.
CAVEAT: After taking this photo, they went back into their respective boxes, and a few months later I discovered that the "brown" body had broken out into patches of more intensive coloring...

phicen - Phicen / Jiaou ? Jd201810

Hope this helps.

12phicen - Phicen / Jiaou ? Empty Re: Phicen / Jiaou ? Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:40 pm

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
GubernatorFan wrote:Ephiane, as DFC reported they are different companies. Jiaou bodies are cheaper not so much in price as in not having an entirely-steel skeleton. This makes their movement a little less smooth, and the range of movement and holding a pose is slightly inferior to the all-steel Phicen/TBLeague ones. The rubbery skin works similarly, but is a little less supple, and is reported to be a different material. The price of Jiaou products is surprisingly usually as high or higher as those by TBLeague.

When looking for specifically TBLeague (Phicen) bodies, throw in the product number (e.g., M30, M31, M32, M33, M34, and the upcoming M35 for males, and S23B or whatever for females).

Here is a comparison of the different Jiaou male and female bodies I had posted on OSW some time ago. Besides these, there is a KT body color for the female bodies, which is almost identical to but a little bit lighter than the wheat.
CAVEAT: After taking this photo, they went back into their respective boxes, and a few months later I discovered that the "brown" body had broken out into patches of more intensive coloring...

Hope this helps.

--

I just love that comparison picture. I really do.

13phicen - Phicen / Jiaou ? Empty Re: Phicen / Jiaou ? Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:43 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
DeltaForceChung wrote:I just love that comparison picture.  I really do.

I know you do Wink I remember you asked about the "stickers." I hope you saw my replies back on OSW -- that these were digital, but I found you some actual sticker versions (which did not work nearly as well).

14phicen - Phicen / Jiaou ? Empty Re: Phicen / Jiaou ? Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:41 pm

MarkEl

DeltaForceChung wrote:

MarkEl:

Can you please post the link to it on Amazon?

I'll buy it for use in caring for my PHICEN seamless ladies and possibly buy it for personal use on the last Saturday of every month at the cabaret club when I take the stage and . . .

OH . . . sorry.  Wrong group to post that.

Here’s the link, but it’s to Amazon UK.  Not sure if available in the USA.
Pro tip: Don’t forget to rouge your nipples before appearing onstage.  

Makeup Brushes, Luxebell Cosmetics Professional Essential 10PCS Make up Brushes Set Foundation Eyeshadow Blush Concealer Powder Brush Kit (Silver tube + black handle) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00N5HO042/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_GWMXAbQT2W4HE

15phicen - Phicen / Jiaou ? Empty Re: Phicen / Jiaou ? Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:50 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Here’s a link to a set of makeup brushes that I got off Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Qivange-Makeup-Brushes-Professional-Cleaner/dp/B07426Z8MZ/ref=sr_1_6_s_it?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1522954129&sr=1-6&keywords=makeup%2Bbrushes%2Bwith%2Bcase&th=1

16phicen - Phicen / Jiaou ? Empty Re: Phicen / Jiaou ? Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:20 pm

Skippy

There's an Alicia Vikander Lara Croft set coming from GT Toys which recommends the TBLeague S17B Suntan (they refer to it as a Phicen S17B Wheat in their specs).

phicen - Phicen / Jiaou ? 35532614_925178224327927_5926668046545453056_n

I think that body would be too tall for Alicia as she's only 5' 6".

Anybody know whether the S17B Suntan is a close colour match for PopToys' Xing Suntan?

phicen - Phicen / Jiaou ? S-l1600

17phicen - Phicen / Jiaou ? Empty Re: Phicen / Jiaou ? Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:00 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I can't help you on the body size, or color. That's a pretty good looking Lara set, though I'm not seeing Alicia in that sculpt at all (which is fine, I didn't really care for that movie).

18phicen - Phicen / Jiaou ? Empty Re: Phicen / Jiaou ? Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:05 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
GubernatorFan wrote:Ephiane, as DFC reported they are different companies. Jiaou bodies are cheaper not so much in price as in not having an entirely-steel skeleton (there are steel joints but not the entire skeleton). This makes their movement a little less smooth, and the range of movement and holding a pose is slightly inferior to the all-steel Phicen/TBLeague ones. The rubbery skin works similarly, but is a little less supple, and is reported to be a different material. The price of Jiaou products is surprisingly usually as high or higher as those by TBLeague.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the pics. Do you guys recommend the black Jiaou doll figure? I probably want a black seamless one but TBLeague only have the very tall basketball body, don't they?

19phicen - Phicen / Jiaou ? Empty Re: Phicen / Jiaou ? Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:34 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The last Jiaou body I bought that was “black” was years ago, and it was a weird Grey/yellow color. So, unless they changed the dye formula, I’d avoid. Not a lot of heads out there will match.

20phicen - Phicen / Jiaou ? Empty Re: Phicen / Jiaou ? Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:39 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Thanks hmmm

So either plastic Body or oversized Phicen as options? Or hoping the new bodies have a better color..
Thinking of Black Panther head

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum