OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Need help removing VeryCool head sculp

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Need help removing VeryCool head sculp Empty Need help removing VeryCool head sculp Tue May 03, 2022 1:18 am

Spartan06

Spartan06
I'm brand new to the 1/6 figure world and am attempting a female soldier kit bash using a VeryCool body that came with a head sculpt.  I want to use a different head sculpt than the one that came with the body and try that head on another figure that I'm building on the Phicen S23B body.  However, I cannot seem to get the old head sculpt off using as much force as I think is reasonable without breaking the body.  What would be the best way to loosen it without damage?

Thanks, Bob

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Use a hair dryer to soften it up — hold the hair out of the way and try not to touch the face much. Give it a good 30-60 seconds, and give it a good tug.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Need help removing VeryCool head sculp C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yes, heating should help, preferably with a hair dryer, and be careful how you handle the head and hair, lest you damage them in the process. But basically it should be an easy enough operation (theoretically speaking, I don't know what VTS body is involved here.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Also, DO NOT dunk the head in boiling water.  Some are fine, some aren’t.  It’s not worth the risk.  I only say this as someone that came from 1/12 hard plastic figures and used boiling water all the time.  Not a great idea with 1/6.  I learned that the hard way.

Spartan06

Spartan06
Thanks for the advice everyone!  I used the wife's hair dryer on a pair of boots to get those on, and I've got that handy.  I didn't know to be careful about the face and hair, so that has saved me some grief.  
The body and head sculpt are the VeryCool FX07 A set.  Would it help to use talcum powder or some other lubricant to make head sculpts easier to change out?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
No. It won’t help. It’s just a really good fit. If you’re going to change the head out and put it on a different body, don’t be alarmed if you have to modify the inside of the head sculpt (if you can’t get it on, you may have to Dremel out the opening a bit — small increments and testing to see if it goes on, as you don’t want it wobbly. If the cavity is too big, you may have to add a piece of foam or add some putty to the ball joint of the neck to get the head to fit snugly).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Need help removing VeryCool head sculp C8485110

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Spartan06 wrote:Thanks for the advice everyone!  I used the wife's hair dryer on a pair of boots to get those on, and I've got that handy.  I didn't know to be careful about the face and hair, so that has saved me some grief.  
The body and head sculpt are the VeryCool FX07 A set.

I love that head sculpt, I’m surprised that I never got around to buying one.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum