OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is this a reputable shop?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Is this a reputable shop? Empty Is this a reputable shop? Tue May 31, 2022 11:22 am

Toucans In The Wild

Toucans In The Wild
I have been collecting anime scale figures for years now and am quite experienced with that. Only recently I finally decided to try 1/6 figures of other themes, and discovered it's a whole different beast. And honestly, what made me jump into this is the Game Toys FF7 Advent Children Cloud + Fenrir set. When I saw that thing I went nuts and didn't even care about the price. There was only one problem:

I was 2 months late for the preorder! Apparently the manufacturer themselves informed shops to cut preorder deadlines shorter because they didn't think they would be able to fulfill all the requests. It was just immensely popular. It's sold out everywhere!

After hunting the set for a while in the web, I found this: https://bababobo00712.com/-p2772.html. Out of options, I went ahead and paid $100 as deposit. I'm just that desperate.

Does anyone know this strangely named shop? Is it trustworthy? Unfortunely the only other place I found requires a full $700 payment up front (forgot the site right now). I don't know what to do to acquire that figure and I'm panicking about the idea of missing this chance.

p.s.: sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. Still new to the forum.

2Is this a reputable shop? Empty Re: Is this a reputable shop? Tue May 31, 2022 11:39 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Hi Toucans,

I have not run across this shop myself, so I cannot enlighten you. It seems more legitimate than one that I used for a set in a similar situation -- I had worked myself into a frenzy that I needed it (in fact, I did not), so I ordered where I could after whoever I ordered from on eBay pulled the usual "this item was damaged, etc..." Anyway, it is best to be cautious in situations like this, but that does not mean bababobo is necessarily a scam website. Perhaps someone else here can shed more light on them. Given the "emergency" nature of the situation, it might not have helped, but we have a list of trusted (still, no guarantees!) retailers here:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1860-on-line-retailers-list

There is also a thread on eBay scammers, although you should keep in mind that a lot that causes worry and offense is not as much scamming as inconvenient business practices that we do not expect to encounter (e.g., putting up for sale items that are not actually in stock and might have sold out at the supplier, then claiming they are damaged, etc.).
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3994-ebay-scammers

3Is this a reputable shop? Empty Re: Is this a reputable shop? Tue May 31, 2022 11:55 am

Toucans In The Wild

Toucans In The Wild
Thank you for that list! I already knew a few of those retailers, others were completely new and I added to my bookmarks. Still, it is as one can imagine: on the sites where I could find Cloud, he was sold out  Is this a reputable shop? 1f605
Amazing, that mere 2 months late could give me this big of a headache.

Btw, some of those links have expired. Store closed/doesn't exist anymore. The list must be updated.

edit: After some digging around, I found people asking about the shop at another forum. Not going to post here because it sounds weird to post a link to another forum in here Laughing , but people seem to be about 70% accepting of the guy. He also has an eBay alterego and sells the same items he has on the shop. The users buy stuff from this seller frequently, and tend to have a positive reception, but as per usual with chinese sellers, communication is very poor and there are many delays.

I THINK I'm safe. Probably. Will update this as I get more news if anyone is interested.

4Is this a reputable shop? Empty Re: Is this a reputable shop? Tue May 31, 2022 12:04 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Toucans In The Wild wrote:I have been collecting anime scale figures for years now and am quite experienced with that. Only recently I finally decided to try 1/6 figures of other themes, and discovered it's a whole different beast. And honestly, what made me jump into this is the Game Toys FF7 Advent Children Cloud + Fenrir set. When I saw that thing I went nuts and didn't even care about the price. There was only one problem:

I was 2 months late for the preorder! Apparently the manufacturer themselves informed shops to cut preorder deadlines shorter because they didn't think they would be able to fulfill all the requests. It was just immensely popular. It's sold out everywhere!

I’m so disappointed that I missed out on the original version. I wasn’t as interested in this one. I think all of them went to those who preordered, because it was nowhere to be found upon release.

5Is this a reputable shop? Empty Re: Is this a reputable shop? Tue May 31, 2022 12:05 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Toucans In The Wild wrote:Thank you for that list! I already knew a few of those retailers, others were completely new and I added to my bookmarks. Still, it is as one can imagine: on the sites where I could find Cloud, he was sold out  Is this a reputable shop? 1f605

Btw, some of those links have expired. Store closed/doesn't exist anymore. The list must be updated.

You are welcome. While the list is occasionally updated with additional links, I doubt anyone is able to check each link on a regular basis. Can you let us know what links you encountered that do not work?

6Is this a reputable shop? Empty Re: Is this a reputable shop? Tue May 31, 2022 12:07 pm

Toucans In The Wild

Toucans In The Wild
Xavion2004 wrote:
Toucans In The Wild wrote:I have been collecting anime scale figures for years now and am quite experienced with that. Only recently I finally decided to try 1/6 figures of other themes, and discovered it's a whole different beast. And honestly, what made me jump into this is the Game Toys FF7 Advent Children Cloud + Fenrir set. When I saw that thing I went nuts and didn't even care about the price. There was only one problem:

I’m so disappointed that I missed out on the original version.   I wasn’t as interested in this one.  I think all of them went to those who preordered, because it was nowhere to be found upon release.

Do you mean the Remake version + Daytone? In my insane searches I THINK I have seen it still available somewhere.............. I'll dig around.

7Is this a reputable shop? Empty Re: Is this a reputable shop? Tue May 31, 2022 12:15 pm

Toucans In The Wild

Toucans In The Wild
GubernatorFan wrote:
Toucans In The Wild wrote:Thank you for that list! I already knew a few of those retailers, others were completely new and I added to my bookmarks. Still, it is as one can imagine: on the sites where I could find Cloud, he was sold out  Is this a reputable shop? 1f605

You are welcome. While the list is occasionally updated with additional links, I doubt anyone is able to check each link on a regular basis. Can you let us know what links you encountered that do not work?

I'll pm you a list to not pollute here.

8Is this a reputable shop? Empty Re: Is this a reputable shop? Tue May 31, 2022 12:19 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Toucans In The Wild wrote:I'll pm you a list to not pollute here.
Smile Thank you. I'm looking at it right now.

9Is this a reputable shop? Empty Re: Is this a reputable shop? Tue May 31, 2022 12:19 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
I don't know this shop, but at least the links to their fb and insta page are working which is a good sign.

Some scalpter shops have all the icons but if you click them you end up on the main page again...

Hope you can get your grail figure

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum