OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK: 1/6 Kung Fu Goddess Cheongsam Accessories Pack SET074 (with head carving)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

crispyorange

csyeung wrote:There are several tricks you can try. I'm not sure how well the acrylic would work on tbleague ball joints as they are metal.

You can also try to heat up the feet and then pinch them around the peg until it cools. This can possibly provide a tighter fit. You can also put a bit of cotton inside the peg hole to create a tighter fit. A bit of blue tack inside can also help. Seems you just need a tighter fit. The acrylic serves a similar purpose, as long as it can coat and stay on the peg. Hope that helps.

Thanks, I'll give those a try. Although it's kinda hilarious Chunli keeps falling flat on her face lol

FreakinLobster

Woah, this HS is stunning. The whole set came out pretty nice, way better than I was expecting. Do you think this dress would fit the S47 body, with broader hips?

Stryker2012

Founding Father
Nice looking figure. As far as the ankles one of the things you can do is use plumbers tape around the ball joint. (It’s silver/reflective almost). You peel off a paper backing on the sticky part. You won’t need much. I keep a large role on hand mainly for this purpose; just cut off a tiny bit. It still allows for movement, and doesn’t wear off as long as you get it as smooth as possible (ie, no wrinkles).

crispyorange

FreakinLobster wrote:Woah, this HS is stunning. The whole set came out pretty nice, way better than I was expecting. Do you think this dress would fit the S47 body, with broader hips?

It'll fit...BUT it'll probably be a pain in the ass to put on. Already had a tough time putting it on the S22A!

Diana

Diana
She turned out really beautifully! Congrats! Very Happy

crispyorange

crispyorange
Stryker2012 wrote:Nice looking figure. As far as the ankles one of the things you can do is use plumbers tape around the ball joint. (It’s silver/reflective almost). You peel off a paper backing on the sticky part. You won’t need much. I keep a large role on hand mainly for this purpose; just cut off a tiny bit. It still allows for movement, and doesn’t wear off as long as you get it as smooth as possible (ie, no wrinkles).

Plumbers tape totally worked! (..so far lol) Thanks for the suggestion!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
crispyorange wrote:
Just be careful to make sure that the adhesive does not make contact with the TPE skin/flesh of the body.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
That's interesting. I hadn't used plumber tape for this purpose yet, gotta give it a try. I tried using blu-tack but it didn't work for me, cuz the feet were still wobbly... maybe I didn't know how to use it properly.

crispyorange

crispyorange
GubernatorFan wrote:
crispyorange wrote:
Just be careful to make sure that the adhesive does not make contact with the TPE skin/flesh of the body.

Thanks for the reminder! I only wrapped a layer around the ball joint and noticed an immediate difference cuz there was a "pop" sound when putting back in. Before there were no "pop" sound, maybe that was because it was loose...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum