OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 18]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Excellent work, Ovy.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Valiarde

That is a bad ass Stryker figure. Like your bash of your western figure, parts fit well together.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Loving the belt on the gunslinger! in fact his over all look works perfectly!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks. He still needs some work, but it’s almost there. Plus, I plan to make sure he and Hannah have other outfits.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 3 C8485110

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Beautifully put together characters, great choice of HS for them too. The Deputy looks very capable.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 3 1f60e

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Great looking new characters Stryker2011!

Indeed excellent antique looking photos, Ovy.

Diana

Diana
The age gap was just an observation, not a criticism. I am aware that times were different, and I don't mind the nod to that at all. Should definitely make for an interesting story and conversation.

The marshal looks great! Very Happy

@Ovy: amazing edits as usual! The white vignette is my favorite effect. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, All. Much appreciated. There’s still plenty more characters to come (perhaps too many…).

No worries, Diana. Just wasn’t sure if you knew about the American West (of course I guess it wasn’t much different than other countries in the mid to late 1800s).

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
This old stove arrived today from Etsy store CherryCreekDesignsUS. It's a bit large -- probably 1/7 scale, but it is impressive. The entire thing is real cast iron, all the pots and pans are removable, as are all the extra attachments (the side wings, the back panel, the lids), and as you can see the door to place the wood is movable. The only things missing are the lid/door handle to pull the burner plates and open the door (that can easily be made, I guess, but won't be cast iron like the rest of it) and the stove pipe on the back (which again, can be made). Hannah approves of her new stove -- as she should (this thing cost as much as a boxed HT figure).

Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 3 _dsc3740
Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 3 _dsc3741
Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 3 _dsc3742

Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 3 _dsc3743

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Dang that stove is a beast! Fire 'er up, time for some mini flapjacks.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That looks awesome! Congrats, I know that was something you were after for a while.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very cool. I'm glad it works scale-wise with your Hannah (and I agree -- although I think you mean 1/5 scale if it is a little larger than 1/6 scale). Looking forward to you making the missing pieces.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Very cool! Make me think of Westworld, well the first couple of seasons anyway, nice to see Harker 'out in the wild' as it were, was thinking about picking her up to go with my 1800's gentleman Dracula custom. Great sculpts on the elderly looking figures, love the weathering of their clothes too.

Diana

Diana
Holy cow! That's quite the commitment! Very Happy

But beautiful choice. It looks really good.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Hannah approves of her new stove -- as she should (this thing cost as much as a boxed HT figure). wrote:

Suddenly I feel absolutely no guilt for just buying a 2nd SSC brand new on sale General Grievous! My other was 2nd hand and missing all the accessories including the split arms option. I also seem to have a lot of random Hasbro and Kotobukiya GG parts in a box.. must make him his repair room.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
PickleMunkey wrote:Dang that stove is a beast! Fire 'er up, time for some mini flapjacks.

Also time for some stew!

skywalkersaga wrote:That looks awesome! Congrats, I know that was something you were after for a while.

Thanks. Yeah, it was a real treat to stumble on this, considering there were plenty of smaller versions by other manufacturers, but they were all much smaller. These things were actually salesman samples that they would bring with them to give to potential customers of their REAL wood-burning stoves. When I was about 10 my parents bought an old farm that had not only a wood-burning furnace, but a wood-burning stove (what a pain in the ass that was).

GubernatorFan wrote:Very cool. I'm glad it works scale-wise with your Hannah (and I agree -- although I think you mean 1/5 scale if it is a little larger than 1/6 scale). Looking forward to you making the missing pieces.

D’Oh! Yeah, I meant 1/5th (my dyscalculia is showing).

shovelchop81 wrote:Very cool! Make me think of Westworld, well the first couple of seasons anyway, nice to see Harker 'out in the wild' as it were, was thinking about picking her up to go with my 1800's gentleman Dracula custom. Great sculpts on the elderly looking figures, love the weathering of their clothes too.

Thanks, Alex. I’m really trying my best to find appropriate “faces” to fit the Era. So far, I’ve had some luck. I received 7 other head sculpts to add (4 women, 3 men), but I still need clothing. I received one full figure to use for my Town Doctor, but he needs some work, and a satchel.

Diana wrote:Holy cow! That's quite the commitment! Very Happy

But beautiful choice. It looks really good.

Thanks, Diana. Yeah, when I go in, I GO IN. Very Happy

shovelchop81 wrote:

Suddenly I feel absolutely no guilt for just buying a 2nd SSC brand new on sale General Grievous! My other was 2nd hand and missing all the accessories including the split arms option. I also seem to have a lot of random Hasbro and Kotobukiya GG parts in a box.. must make him his repair room.  

Haha! This is definitely an expensive hobby when you want to go big, that’s for sure.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
The man himself makes his appearance!  Looks excellent, and well geared up for any trouble.  The stove is perfect too!  I've heard they were originally salesman samples (and later, reproductions of those).  Did you ever notice I have one in the loft?  I'm not sure how accurate, but I spray painted a pipe elbow to "vent" mine outside.  

Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 3 Godjol002_orig

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s pretty cool, Alex. I guess I was just so focused on the characters and the posing that so many details escaped me. I like the idea of the plumbing elbow for the stove (might have to steal that).

Ephiane

Ephiane
Aww, that´s so great. I´m a big fan of the old pictures and this timeline. Maudie is spectacular. She looks very authenitcal as a person of this time. All the Characters and the Storys behind them are fantastic. I can feel the spirit of the little town they live in. Kathleen Yorke reminds me at this little sneaky North and South monster.  Laughing
I really loved this north and south movies. This two ones could be some more rich and schemer characters of the series.  Laughing
Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 3 Cfb92810

Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 3 014_ko10

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, Ephi. Sorry I missed your post earlier. I have an idea for a storyline involving "Bankers" and their attempts to stop robberies (got the idea from an episode of the old Henry Fonda series "The Deputy"); anyone else have INSP on their cable/satellite providers? Been having fun watching all these old shows when I have the chance.

Anyway, here's another character. Have no idea who she is at this point, or even her name, but I received a bunch of period Barbie clothes in today from a seller in Texas. Finally found a use for that scary skinny Jiaou Doll body that I hate (still had a hard time getting that skirt over her hips and butt; and the bust was problematic for that top button, but I managed). I think it looks pretty good.

Mark Stryker Old West Theme (Characters) - Page 3 _dsc3744

Valiarde

Valiarde
Very cool theme and thread. Love following it.
That stoven looks really cool even if a vit oversized, but it will work Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Congratulations on squeezing her into that. Looks good.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum