OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

M34 loose neck joint

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1M34 loose neck joint Empty M34 loose neck joint Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:27 am

Kiwi-Paul

Hello all and greetings from New Zealand, my M34 did a whoopsie and fell off the desk to the floor and its neck socket has come loose inside....I can actually pull it out and its not damaged....but how do I get it back into the joint inside the body? Any suggestions? Cheers

2M34 loose neck joint Empty Re: M34 loose neck joint Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:44 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
If you can without too much issue, try rolling the skin down a bit so you can possibly see the socket. Or use some form tool to pry open the neck of the skin a bit. Once you place the neck joint into its socket you’ll have to squeeze the socket closed using a needle-nose pliers.

The other technique would be a bit more invasive. You might have to slice the back of the neck with a sharp blade to get access to the socket to do the same as I mentioned above. Then you’ll have to glue the new seam with some TPE adhesive closed.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

M34 loose neck joint C8485110

3M34 loose neck joint Empty Re: M34 loose neck joint Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:52 am

Kiwi-Paul

Stryker2011 wrote:If you can without too much issue, try rolling the skin down a bit so you can possibly see the socket. Or use some form tool to pry open the neck of the skin a bit. Once you place the neck joint into its socket you’ll have to squeeze the socket closed using a needle-nose pliers.

The other technique would be a bit more invasive. You might have to slice the back of the neck with a sharp blade to get access to the socket to do the same as I mentioned above. Then you’ll have to glue the new seam with some TPE adhesive closed.

Thank you very much, I will attempt to do what you say as it seems to be the only way to fix him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum