OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tips for good maintenance?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tips for good maintenance? Empty Tips for good maintenance? Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:07 pm

Mastertuki

Hello everyone.

After a long wait I have just got a "Tbleague" figure 1/6 to use as reference for drawing!!

Researching, I read you must do maintenance often, so the materials don’t degrade. And I'm new with this one!

The product says to change the pose every two days. Is that necessary or it’s fine to store it in it’s box on the default position?

Which temperature is best for this type of products? Here in Spain, we’re having a heatwave right now.

What type of product should I use on the doll to maintain its elasticity and keep it from deteriorating?

Thank you!!

2Tips for good maintenance? Empty Re: Tips for good maintenance? Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:14 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
They should be fine in the box they came in. Best to keep them in a cool, dark place at all times. You shouldn’t have to do much else other than if the powder rubs off and you start to feel the skin getting tacky, apply corn starch or talcum powder. Rub it in gently, it doesn’t take much. You can use a makeup brush or something similar to wipe off the excess.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Tips for good maintenance? C8485110

3Tips for good maintenance? Empty Re: Tips for good maintenance? Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:48 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Hello, and welcome! Smile

Yes, the tbleague bodies are fine if kept inside the original box. You don't have to do anything to them in that case. I have some that have been in boxes for years, and they are still in good condition. It's only if you are posing them with the limbs bent at the joints that you need you make sure to change the pose every few days. And, as Stryker says, if they are being handled regularly, you may have to occassionally add more powder to them so the skin doesn't get tacky/sticky.

Enjoy your new models!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum