OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

COOModel Gothic Knights (standard edition/red edition) and Warhorse

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

gooboo

COOMODEL 1/6 SE115 Super Alloy - Empire Series - Gothic Knight (Standard Edition)
Barcode: 6971242122116

Configuration List:
- Head Sculpture
- Super Movable Body
- 6 Replacement Hands

Clothing:
- Red Mail Long Top
- Black Trousers
- Black Shoes

Armor:
- Metallic Silver Flap Helmet
- Metallic Silver Breastplate
- One Pair Metallic Silver Shoulder Armor - One
Metallic Silver Armor - One
Metallic Silver Gloves
- One Black Leather Belt
- Metallic Silver Waist Hip Armor
- A pair of metal silver leg armors- A pair of
metal silver foot armors

Weapons:
- Metal battle axe halberd-
Metal knight scabbard (including black scabbard)

Accessories:
- Black doll stand

COOMODEL 1/6 SE115 SUPERALLOY - SERIES OF EMPIRES - GOTHIC KNIGHT (STANDARD VERSION)
BARCODE: 6971242122116

The 1/6 Gothic Knight (Standard Ver.) Specially Features:
- One (1) head sculpt
- One (1) super active body
- Six (6) pieces of interchangeable palms

Costumes:
- One (1) red vest with chain armor
- One (1) pair of black pants
- One (1) pair of black shoes

Armors:
- One (1) silver flip helmet
- One (1) silver chest-back armor
- One (1) pair of silver shoulder armors
- One (1) pair of silver elbow armors
- One (1) pair of silver gloves
- One (1) black leather belt
- One (1) silver waist-hip armor
- One (1) pair of silver leg armors
- One (1) pair of silver shoes

Weapon:
- One (1) knight halberd
- One (1) knight sword with a black scabbard

Accessories:
- One (1) black figure stand

COOModel Gothic Knights (standard edition/red edition) and Warhorse G310

COOModel Gothic Knights (standard edition/red edition) and Warhorse G210

COOModel Gothic Knights (standard edition/red edition) and Warhorse G110

COOModel Gothic Knights (standard edition/red edition) and Warhorse G610

COOModel Gothic Knights (standard edition/red edition) and Warhorse G510

COOModel Gothic Knights (standard edition/red edition) and Warhorse G410

COOModel Gothic Knights (standard edition/red edition) and Warhorse G910

COOModel Gothic Knights (standard edition/red edition) and Warhorse G810

COOModel Gothic Knights (standard edition/red edition) and Warhorse G710

COOModel Gothic Knights (standard edition/red edition) and Warhorse G1110

COOModel Gothic Knights (standard edition/red edition) and Warhorse G1010

COOMODEL 1/6 SE116 Super Alloy-Empire Series-Gothic Knight (Different Color Version)
Barcode: 6971242122123

Configuration List:
- Head Sculpture
- Super Movable Body
- 6 Replacement Hands

Clothing: -
Black Mail Long Top-
Black Trousers
- Black Shoes

Armor:
- Metallic Red Flap Helmet
- Metallic Red Breastplate
- One Pair of Metallic Red Plate Spaulders - One Pair of Metallic Red Leaf Spaulders
- One Pair of Metallic Red Armguards -
One Pair of
Metallic Red Gauntlets - Black
leather belt
- Metal red waist and hip armor - A pair of metal
red leg armors - A pair of metal red
foot armor COOMODEL 1/6 SE116 SUPERALLOY - SERIES OF EMPIRES -GOTHIC KNIGHT (SPECIAL COLOR VERSION) BARCODE: 6971242122123 The 1/6 Gothic Knight (Special Color Ver.) Specially Features:

- One (1) head sculpt
- One (1) super active body
- Six (6) pieces of interchangeable palms

Costumes:
- One (1) black vest with chain armor
- One (1) pair of black pants
- One (1) pair of black shoes

Armors:
- One (1) red flip helmet
- One (1) red chest-back armor
- One (1) pair of red plain shoulder armors
- One (1) pair of red layered shoulder armors
- One (1) pair of red elbow armors
- One (1) pair of red gloves
- One (1) black leather belt
- One (1) red waist-hip armor
- One (1) pair of red leg armors
- One (1) pair of red shoes

Weapon:
- One (1) zweihander
- One (1) knight sword with a red scabbard

Accessories:
- One (1) black figure stand
- One (1) silver mini figure

COOModel Gothic Knights (standard edition/red edition) and Warhorse G1410

COOModel Gothic Knights (standard edition/red edition) and Warhorse G1310

COOModel Gothic Knights (standard edition/red edition) and Warhorse G1210

COOModel Gothic Knights (standard edition/red edition) and Warhorse G1510

COOModel Gothic Knights (standard edition/red edition) and Warhorse G1610

COOModel Gothic Knights (standard edition/red edition) and Warhorse G1710

COOModel Gothic Knights (standard edition/red edition) and Warhorse G1810

COOModel Gothic Knights (standard edition/red edition) and Warhorse G1910

COOModel Gothic Knights (standard edition/red edition) and Warhorse G2010

COOMODEL 1/6 SE117 Super Alloy-Imperial Series-Goth Iron Armored
Warhorse Barcode: 6971242122130

Configuration List:
- One black maned warhorse
- Metal silver unicorn visor (with reins)
- Metal horse neck chain mail
- Metal silver Horse Breastplate
- Red Saddle Cloth
- Metallic Silver Saddle & Corset
- Metallic Silver Stirrup

COOMODEL 1/6 SE117 SUPERALLOY -SERIES OF EMPIRES - GOTHIC ARMORED WAR HORSE
BARCODE: 6971242122130

The 1/6 Gothic Armored War Horse Specially Features:
- One (1) black war horse with fabric mane and tail
- One (1) silver horned face armor with bridle
- One (1) horse neck chain armor
- One (1) silver front armor
- One (1) piece of red saddle cloth
- One (1) silver saddle and back armor
- One (1) pair of silver stirrups

COOModel Gothic Knights (standard edition/red edition) and Warhorse Gh110

COOModel Gothic Knights (standard edition/red edition) and Warhorse Gh210

COOModel Gothic Knights (standard edition/red edition) and Warhorse Gh310

COOModel Gothic Knights (standard edition/red edition) and Warhorse Gh410

COOModel Gothic Knights (standard edition/red edition) and Warhorse Gh510

COOModel Gothic Knights (standard edition/red edition) and Warhorse Gh610

gooboo

Been looking forward to some updated gothic knight armor for awhile, and this one appears to be far more articulated to boot.

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1hd4y1S7Te

They said the armor is made out of a different alloy so it's not as thick or heavy as some of their previous knight figures.

I've been looking to add a (male) gothic knight to my collection for awhile, and this figure fits the bill perfectly. I'm sure it will cost an arm and a leg, but I'm definitely getting one of these.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
They sure do look nice. Not so sure about the red one. And, the chubby-cheek Matt Damon head is pretty funny.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

COOModel Gothic Knights (standard edition/red edition) and Warhorse C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I love these (well... not the red one, obviously). Nice to see more being made, even if there is (I think) something along these lines. Lighter alloy is definitely a good idea for figures like these. Horse experts?

gooboo

Yeah the ketchup knight looks ridiculous- I don't know why they thought that was a good idea. They should have just made a darker metal version, like POPToy's two female gothic knights, or even an all black version would have been better.

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Ketchup knight 🤣🤣🤣🤣

The horse isn’t in the same league as the Mr Z ones, but it’s definitely a step up from the usual wonky mounts we see in these kind of sets. Not perfect but pretty decently put together I’d say! The weird hair texture lets it down though I think.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
If I was ever going to get the red knight, Gooboo put an end to that, because I couldn't ever look at it without thinking "ketchup knight."  Thanks.

Some odd choices seem to be here, starting with the headsculpt reuse that's going to discourage anybody from buying both.  And a horse apparently available only for the silver knight?  A very different setup from the approach that PopToys has, where they conceive everything market-wise to encourage that everybody should be getting a matching set of two knights with two horses.

weskerfan5690

Don’t really care for the style of helmet, but I would like to get a Zweihänder loose to pair with the Kingsguard figure, whose like I prefer much more. Add a shield from the Dragon Knight figure as well as some more straps for mounting a dagger and axe/hammer, and I’d have my perfect medieval knight figure. Before I thought of getting the all black Kingsguard version, which does look really cool and comes with a Zweihänder, but would cost an arm and a leg.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Love it. They are churning out the knights pretty fast, given that the two tournament knights are up for preorder too. That is gonna be expensive for anyone wanting them all.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Oh you think Ketchup Knight is bad? I was thinking of Sequel Trilogy Snoke Praetorian Guards, which is probably an even more damning a comparison. Smile

I'm glad the horse is more passable than usual. Thought it might be, although I'm not sure I love the head.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:Oh you think Ketchup Knight is bad? I was thinking of Sequel Trilogy Snoke Praetorian Guards, which is probably an even more damning a comparison. Smile

One time, Tony Stark dropped a hot dog on a blueprint -- ketchup, mustard. Result was 57 kinds of Iron Man.

gooboo

These are now up on Giantoy for $350. Expensive, but not as bad as I thought they were going to be. One of the Viking Conqueror figures costs more than that.

EDIT- forgot to add, these are listed as Q4 2022. I'm not sure they'll actually come out on time, but even then that's a lot faster than I expected.

Valiarde

Valiarde
I dont understand why this is "only" series of empires while it should be empire legends from the look of the quality. Seens pretty random

Ovy

Ovy
Very beautiful, the lighter metal sounds interesting. The segmented shoulders of vanilla look more interesting than the one piece plates. Hopefully Valiarde buys one so I can play around with the armor.

I wonder if they just base their headsculpts on someone real and then modify it until it's not instantly recognisable, or if they don't get it right after the first try and call it a day. Maybe they modify it until the helmets fit, we need floppy 1/6 ears

So much of my life time wasted making custom thermoplastic armor.
I wonder if it's too late to move my life to Hong Kong? I could be 'Western expert'. I would even allow them to use my face scan for headsculpts. And I should delete all my stupid internet comments beforehand.

GubernatorFan wrote:Oh you think Ketchup Knight is bad? I was thinking of Sequel Trilogy Snoke Praetorian Guards, which is probably an even more damning a comparison. Smile

I'm glad the horse is more passable than usual. Thought it might be, although I'm not sure I love the head.
I also had to think of the Red Guards from Star Wars, I think they had a very beautiful design.
Ketchup Knight would look good with a lasersword and a blaster.

Although I didn't have to think of Ketchup, more of a car. Modern airbrush technology was invented in 1237 Bohemia, in case someone did not know. Sadly Compressors only came hundreds of year later.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
What's Gothic about them? I thought the Goths were a tribe/people from the early middle ages or even before that, anyway before there were knights.

Edit: nevermind, found the answer. Gothic plate armour was developed during the 15th century in Germany.

Ovy

Ovy
Ah you found the answer already. Yeah that's what I wrote in the meantime:

It's based on the art/architecture style called Gothic, 12+century. (Cologone Cathedral for example)

The style was named by some Italian architect using the Italian slur 'gotico', which meant barbarian or something negative because he found the buildings to look brutal.
The word probably evolved from the Latin words the old Romans used for the Goths.

Later the term 'Gothic' was reclaimed as something positive because those Gothic cathedrals etc actually look kinda cool.

I guess the Gothic Armor was called that way because it was developed and made around the same time (~15 century) and looked so detailed and intricate like you would expect from the art style. Although they probably called it 'Gothic' only some hundred years later.

That's things you learn when obsessively building custom 'Gothic' armor. COOModel Gothic Knights (standard edition/red edition) and Warhorse 1f602

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:So much of my life time wasted making custom thermoplastic armor.
I wonder if it's too late to move my life to Hong Kong? I could be 'Western expert'. I would even allow them to use my face scan for headsculpts. And I should delete all my stupid internet comments beforehand.

But are you going to take Valiarde to Hong Kong with you? And please don't delete comments on our forum. It is sacrosanct! Smile

Ovy wrote:I also had to think of the Red Guards from Star Wars, I think they had a very beautiful design.

I agree, they did look interesting, and I even own one -- reconstituted from parted-out parts.  But I felt that they were trying too hard to make something reminiscent of the original and yet different (and you can say that about a lot of their design), and that is it doomed by simply being part of the irredeemable Sequel Trilogy. Smile

TravelGuide wrote:nevermind, found the answer. Gothic plate armour was developed during the 15th century in Germany.

Ovy wrote:It's based on the art/architecture style called Gothic, 12+century. (Cologone Cathedral for example)

The style was named by some Italian architect using the Italian slur 'gotico', which meant barbarian or something negative because he found the buildings to look brutal.

The word probably evolved from the Latin words the old Romans used for the Goths.

Later the term 'Gothic' was reclaimed as something positive because those Gothic cathedrals etc actually look kinda cool.

I guess the Gothic Armor was called that way because it was developed and made around the same time (~15 century) and looked so detailed and intricate like you would expect from the art style. Although they probably called it 'Gothic' only some hundred years later.

You have most of your answer, I'd only point out that the reason for calling it "Gothic," originally in reference to architecture and 3D art, later in 2D art as well, was to come up with a name that implied something different from "Romanesque."  Romanesque hearkened back to Late Roman (and "Byzantine") art and architecture, with lots of round arches, decorative brickwork, etc.  Gothic, with its pointier arches and details, was different.  So what is different from Roman? Gothic -- as the name of a Germanic group that fought the Romans (and sacked Rome in 410), before settling down and gradually Romanizing in Italy and Spain.  Anyway, that's the origin of the name.  Given the influences and presences of art on the later medieval armor, it gets called Gothic too.  Interestingly enough, probably because there is less art applied to it in any obvious way, earlier armor is not described as Romanesque or anything.

In American usage, "Gothic" also refers to dark, even horror-related literature and art (usually set amid "Gothic" art and architecture); and, by extension, the Gothic look or lifestyle or whatever it is.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Nice, been looking at these for a bit now. Perhaps the red is a sort of tribute or substitute idea to the armour worn by Dracula in the beginning of the Coppola's film? Shame the weapons are historically all wrong for a knight of this period though, especially a mounted one! Should come with a mace or warhammer, rondel dagger, 'Crecy' styled sword tapered to a very sharp point and a thick ridge line for half-swording and 'murder strikes' with the pommel. this is entry level historical knowledge if you like weapons, can't believe after all the work they did to get the armour right they got this wrong, remember the old Marx knights that came in various colours years and years ago? They at least got the mace right! Wink

gooboo

Looks like COOModel is going to release these on time. I was expecting them to be late, but I'm happy to be wrong.

https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=390200&extra=page%3D1

COOModel Gothic Knights (standard edition/red edition) and Warhorse Gothic10

Valiarde

Valiarde
WAsn't it last year, where so many preorders came out in december?

anyway, great, can't wait to see firsst reviews here! Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum