OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI: GRAND INQUISITOR 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
“The Jedi™ cannot help what they are. Their compassion leaves a trail.” – Grand Inquisitor™

Not much is known about the Empire’s Grand Inquisitor. The Pau’an™ is the leader of an elite cadre of Force-sensitive interrogators and hunters tasked with tracking down Jedi survivors who escaped Order 66. He reports directly to Darth Vader™. Like his superior, the Inquisitor is an intimidating figure, dressed in black and wielding a red, double-bladed lightsaber.

Hot Toys is pleased to officially introduce today, the new 1/6th scale collectible figure of the Grand Inquisitor from the Obi-Wan Kenobi live-action series!

The collectible figure is meticulously crafted featuring a newly developed head sculpt with stunning likeness , skillfully tailored outfit, light-up chest armor light, luminous reflective effect on belt, LED light-up double-bladed lightsaber, interchangeable lightsaber blades emulating the weapon in motion, a Darth Vader hologram and holoprojector, and a display base!

The menacing leader of the Inquisitor will leave a striking presence in your Star Wars collection!

SPECIFICATIONS
PRODUCT CODETMS082
PRODUCT NAMEGRAND INQUISITOR
HEIGHTAPPROXIMATELY 30 CM TALL
POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS30
SPECIAL FEATURESNEWLY DEVELOPED HEAD SCULPT WITH ICONIC RED EYES AND EAR COVERINGS, DOUBLE-BLADED LIGHTSABER,
PRODUCT RELEASE DATEAPPROXIMATELY Q4, 2023 – Q1, 2024
ARTISTS
The 1/6th scale Grand Inquisitor Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Grand Inquisitor in Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi
- Newly developed head sculpt with iconic red eyes and ear coverings
- Highly-accurate facial expression, facial tattoos, and detailed skin texture
- Approximately 30 cm tall
- Body with over 30 points of articulations
- Six (6) pieces of interchangeable gloved hands including:
- One (1) pair of relaxed hands
- One (1) pair of hands for holding lightsaber
- One (1) open left hand
- One (1) right fist
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume:
- One (1) black colored Imperial officer cape with burgundy inner linings and black patterns
- One (1) LED-lighted black colored chest armor with badge (power operated)
- One (1) dark grey colored shirt with shoulder armors
- One (1) pair of dark grey colored Imperial officer pants with armors
- One (1) pair of black colored gauntlets
- One (1) black colored belt with luminous reflective effect
- One (1) pair of black colored boots

Weapons:
- One (1) LED-lighted red lightsaber (power operated) with double blades
- One (1) pair of red-colored lightsaber blades in motion (attachable to the hilt)
- One (1) lightsaber hilt

Accessories:
- One (1) Darth Vader hologram miniature
- One (1) holoprojector
- Specially designed figure stand with character nameplate

Release date: Approximately Q4, 2023 – Q1, 2024

*Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Light up function operated using USB power
***USB connecting cable is not included for collectible, USB-C cable is required
****Luminous reflective effect can be activated by UV black light torch (not included)
*****Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

© & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.
© 2022 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

sci-fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI: GRAND INQUISITOR 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 11824
sci-fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI: GRAND INQUISITOR 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 21070
sci-fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI: GRAND INQUISITOR 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 3777
sci-fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI: GRAND INQUISITOR 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 4705
sci-fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI: GRAND INQUISITOR 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 5655
sci-fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI: GRAND INQUISITOR 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 6613
sci-fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI: GRAND INQUISITOR 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 7587
sci-fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI: GRAND INQUISITOR 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 8558
sci-fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI: GRAND INQUISITOR 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 9539
sci-fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI: GRAND INQUISITOR 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 10515
sci-fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI: GRAND INQUISITOR 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 11825
sci-fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI: GRAND INQUISITOR 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 12469
sci-fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI: GRAND INQUISITOR 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 13445
sci-fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI: GRAND INQUISITOR 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 14416
sci-fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI: GRAND INQUISITOR 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 15390
sci-fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI: GRAND INQUISITOR 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 16361

#newproduct #HotToys #StarWars #Obi-WanKenobi #GrandInquisitor #male #Disney+ #Sci-Fi

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looks like a plain inquisitor to me. Smile I'm kidding. Pretty nice, actually. Someone was making fun of the original design, pointing out how it rips off some of the aliens created for the prequels (they chatted with lizard-riding Kenobi), while keeping the facial transformation less ambitious, but compensating with a few painted lines.

Diana

Diana
I really like the look of the head sculpt. Very striking. But while I didn't mind him in the show, I just don't care about the character. I don't like the costume design either. Didn't bug me on screen, but I don't care to have it on my shelf.

Ovy

Ovy
GubernatorFan wrote:Looks like a plain inquisitor to me. Smile I'm kidding. Pretty nice, actually.  Someone was making fun of the original design, pointing out how it rips off some of the aliens created for the prequels (they chatted with lizard-riding Kenobi), while keeping the facial transformation less ambitious, but compensating with a few painted lines.
Ripping off is the wrong term I think, he just is the same species as those guys you mentioned. Sad thing is these background characters from a 15+ years old movie had beautifully organic looking masks and looked so much more impressive and scary than this guy. Maybe the actor had a silicone/latex allergy or wasn't payed enough, who knows. Show Character looks way too beautiful.

They had such a great design already, he looks more menacing than the Emperor.
sci-fi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI: GRAND INQUISITOR 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Tion_m10

Maybe they didn't want him to be scarier than Darth. Overall I think those inquisitiors didn't translate well into live action, every single one felt like a joke, they were created as cartoon villians for Rebels after all.

But I guess we get a Reva too, which might be the best detailed 1/6 sculpt of a black actress yet. Although I am way to poor do afford a Hot Toys head haha.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
That's exactly the species, Ovy, good find. Yes, the old design was superior. Rip off, well, yes, the term is iffy, but that was Lucasfilm and this is Disney Lucasfilm -- it certainly didn't infringe on copyright. I didn't see the show or Rebels so I don't know. It's not like their live action has been held to much higher standards of plausibility than cartoons. Plot armor and oversimplifications galore.

Ovy

Ovy
Yep, nothing beats the gritty realism of guerilla Teddy warfare in the originals. Very Happy

That new Andor show might actually be a good political war spy thriller show.
No idea why the have to name every show after one character though. It's very limiting.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:Yep, nothing beats the gritty realism of guerilla Teddy warfare in the originals. Very Happy

That new Andor show might actually be a good political war spy thriller show.
No idea why the have to name every show after one character though. It's very limiting.

Oooh, don't get me started on Ewoks! Sad

I didn't like Andor much, so that will be really easy for me to ignore. But if they wanted to be really creative, they could have done Andor and Jyn Erso tracing their development before Rogue One, without them ever actually meeting (but coming really close). Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum