OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

It ain't over till the [skinny, big breasted, sexy] lady sings!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
Hi all! First post over here for me! Smile

I thought I would try out this new forum with a double posting of my thread I just started over at OSW, just to see how it looks and what the experience is like. It was my first new thread posting since the new "regime change," and it was a buggy nightmare just to get it edited. They really do have issues...

Anyway, sorry if some of you have already seen this thread over there!

We are a diverse group, this community, and I'll bet if we were to learn of each other's full range of interests, passions and hobbies, we'd come across some surprising revelations. I'm 100% sure none of you know I am a big opera fan, and I’m not talking about the sudsy kind. I grew up with it (dad was a concert pianist), and have loved it for as long as I can remember.

My favorite opera composers are (in no particular order) Verdi, Wagner, and Mozart, and one of my favorite operas is Die Walküre of Wagner's Ring Cycle. Most of you will recognize the tune of the "Ride of the Valkyries" famously used in Apocalypse Now, and it is a rousing barnburner, especially if performed by a good orchestra and capable Wagnerian singers (becoming an endangered species IMHO). The role of Brünnhilde is central not only to this opera but also to the remaining two operas of the cycle (she doesn't appear in the first one).

Those of you who are familiar with Wagner's version of Nordic/Germanic mythology will know that Brünnhilde is a valkyrie, daughter of Wotan (Odin) and thus immortal. In myths and Wagner's opera she is a shieldmaiden and warrior, with a youthful and beautiful form, but unfortunately for opera fans the extreme vocal demands of the operatic role usually means that the singer who is capable of singing it is a middle aged (or older) woman who is rather "big boned," to put it euphemistically. That is where the original phrase, "It ain't over till the fat lady sings" comes from, actually, referring to the final self immolation scene in Götterdämmerung, where she destroys Valhalla itself and ends the cycle.

Anyway, sorry for all the exposition, I decided to do a 1/6 version of Brünnhilde inspired by the lovely illustrations by Arthur Rackham ca. 1910, but with a slightly less Victorian, more sexy/modern take. Here's the inspiration:
It ain't over till the [skinny, big breasted, sexy] lady sings! Rackham%20brunnhilde

And here's my version:
It ain't over till the [skinny, big breasted, sexy] lady sings! P1060543

And here are some more detailed, better lit pics:
It ain't over till the [skinny, big breasted, sexy] lady sings! P1060498
It ain't over till the [skinny, big breasted, sexy] lady sings! P1060499
It ain't over till the [skinny, big breasted, sexy] lady sings! P1060502
It ain't over till the [skinny, big breasted, sexy] lady sings! P1060501
It ain't over till the [skinny, big breasted, sexy] lady sings! P1060503
It ain't over till the [skinny, big breasted, sexy] lady sings! P1060504

Body is TBLeague S23b, head is Kimi KT007 (I gave the hair my usual haircut/style), helmet, breastplate, right brace, spear are from the TBL Captain Sparta figure, with helmet crest removed. White dress and sandals are from Chinese ebay sellers (I modified the skirt a bit). Cloak is from one of the AVP Predators (I think elderly one?). Shield is TBL Red Sonja. The "fish scale" mail is taken from the ACI Greek sets, repainted and sewn/glued onto the white dress—that was definitely the hardest part and required a lot of geometry!

I can guarantee you'll never see a Brünnhilde looking like this in any opera house! Sad Embarassed Laughing

#fantasy #female #warrior #custom #kitbash

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
Hey that was easy! Smooth cut and paste, smooth typing, no introduced errors, smileys work, and no ads!  I love you

Andrew

Andrew
I love her. very nice! ENjoyed the bit about Valkyrie too.

"I don't plan to die," she laughed, flicking the safety off the chrome plated desert eagle, "But if I do, I'll see you in heaven, little brother. I’ll be the one ramming the harp up St Peter’s tight little asspipe.”  

The Life of Lol.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Excellent work, TankGirlFuzzy, and I'm really glad you posted here. You've created a nice rendition of Brünnhilde.
While not normally an opera fan, I am a fan of Wagner's Ring Cycle. Aside from the music, I'm a huge bibliophile, and I have the two volume set that your Rackham watercolor comes from. For those that haven't seen those books, you owe it to yourself to take a look (or Google search the images). The pen & ink drawings, plus the watercolors, are absolutely amazing.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

It ain't over till the [skinny, big breasted, sexy] lady sings! C8485110

scalawag

scalawag
Great looking figure, big fan of Wagner and the ring cycle too, and yeah uploading stuff and the general function of this forum are really good. I hope it is kept simple like this as I find it is when too many things get added to the functionality of a forum that things start to get less reliable.

Fox915

Fox915
Wow! Amazing work! Love your rendition, the various parts are very well thought out and put together so coherently.

Was it difficult to remove the crest on the Captain Sparta helmet?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Glad you have joined us and that you had a good experience with your first posted thread. And what a thread it is. I knew some but not all of the backstory, so I found it very interesting, and I love your kitbash of a valkyrie. Always thought some of these TBL bits and pieces would make more sense being used in this way, and you did a great job!

And my subconscious valkyrie salutes yours! (I say subconscious because I was trying to create the light opposite of my darker female fantasy warrior, without at the time thinking specifically of a valkyrie, which is very much what she turned out to be...)

It ain't over till the [skinny, big breasted, sexy] lady sings! Agatho10

dadrab

dadrab
Commented on the figure over at OSW, but it bears some love here, too.

It's great work, and, in addition to the hair and helmet (on which I've already commented), I just noticed the corset. Did you make that?

Beautiful work all around.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Like Dadrab, I saw and commented ove on OSW, but well worth commenting again here.

Figure look fantastic, and I really appreciated the background on the Wagner opera mythology. Now you and Stryker have piqued my curiosity on the Rackham art.

Ephiane

Ephiane
Great Pictures an Pose !

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
I like it!

I wonder if someone will ever create and post a 1:6 RIDE OF THE NAKED VALKYRIES?

Wink Razz

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
Andrew wrote:I love her.  very nice!  ENjoyed the bit about Valkyrie too.
Thanks Andrew!
Stryker2011 wrote:Excellent work, TankGirlFuzzy, and I'm really glad you posted here. You've created a nice rendition of Brünnhilde.
While not normally an opera fan, I am a fan of Wagner's Ring Cycle. Aside from the music, I'm a huge bibliophile, and I have the two volume set that your Rackham watercolor comes from. For those that haven't seen those books, you owe it to yourself to take a look (or Google search the images). The pen & ink drawings, plus the watercolors, are absolutely amazing.
Thanks Stryker2011! Yes, I love the Rackham paintings of the Ring Cycle. It really brings the music to life when I listen and look at those!
scalawag wrote:Great looking figure, big fan of Wagner and the ring cycle too, and yeah uploading stuff and the general function of this forum are really good.  I hope it is kept simple like this as I find it is when too many things get added to the functionality of a forum that things start to get less reliable.
Thanks scalawag! So far posting and reading has been great, just like old OSW.
Fox915 wrote:Wow! Amazing work! Love your rendition, the various parts are very well thought out and put together so coherently.

Was it difficult to remove the crest on the Captain Sparta helmet?
Thanks Fox915! No, not too difficult to remove. I used a hot knife (xacto on cheap soldering iron) to remove most of it, then ground down the extra bits with a dremel. The hardest thing was just to repaint the newly exposed plastic on the back of the eagle and the top of the helmet. Just needed to match the weathering of the helmet in that area.
GubernatorFan wrote:Glad you have joined us and that you had a good experience with your first posted thread. And what a thread it is. I knew some but not all of the backstory, so I found it very interesting, and I love your kitbash of a valkyrie. Always thought some of these TBL bits and pieces would make more sense being used in this way, and you did a great job!

And my subconscious valkyrie salutes yours! (I say subconscious because I was trying to create the light opposite of my darker female fantasy warrior, without at the time thinking specifically of a valkyrie, which is very much what she turned out to be...)

It ain't over till the [skinny, big breasted, sexy] lady sings! Agatho10
Thanks GubernatorFan! It's good to be here! Love your Valkyrie, she is fancy! Yeah, when I first saw the helmet on the "Captain Sparta" I thought, that's not Greek at all, looks more like a fantasy Nordic/Germanic helmet. Thus the idea was born!
dadrab wrote:Commented on the figure over at OSW, but it bears some love here, too.

It's great work, and, in addition to the hair and helmet (on which I've already commented), I just noticed the corset. Did you make that?

Beautiful work all around.
Thanks dadrab! Yes, I did make the corset armor, as I mentioned I took pieces from the ACI Greek sets (2.0 style) and repainted and sewed them on to the white dress. Needed a lot of strategic gluing and puzzling of pieces to get the geometry to work because of her curves.
ReverendSpooky wrote:Like Dadrab, I saw and commented ove on OSW, but well worth commenting again here.  

Figure look fantastic, and I really appreciated the background on the Wagner opera mythology. Now you and Stryker have piqued my curiosity on the Rackham art.
Thanks ReverendSpooky! Yes, check out the Rackham books, the slim single volumes are not expensive and available on Amazon.
Ephiane wrote:Great Pictures an Pose !
Thanks Ephiane!!
DeltaForceChung wrote:I like it!

I wonder if someone will ever create and post a 1:6 RIDE OF THE NAKED VALKYRIES?

Wink Razz
Thanks DeltaForceChung! I'm glad you like it! Razz  I like the naked Valkyries idea, but you'll need horses too, and if you want all of them including Brünnhilde there are nine of them. It would be epic! Wink

Fox915

Fox915
Wow, that sounds like a lot more work than I had previously thought. At first, judging from the images and how neat the back part looked, I thought it came off pretty easily. You've done such a wonderful job there, I honestly couldn't tell it was repainted.

And thank you, I really appreciated the breakdown of the procedure. Smile

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Very fine work! I like how she came together, a very accurate representation, IMHO.
Thanks for posting it here as well!

15It ain't over till the [skinny, big breasted, sexy] lady sings! Empty just a test Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:30 am

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
Also, here's another image from the same folder on Photobucket (not a Valkyrie, but still a goddess!):
It ain't over till the [skinny, big breasted, sexy] lady sings! P1060469
It's Wonder Woman.

Kukolka

Kukolka
She is at once lovely and fierce! I love the soft colour scheme you carried from the inspiration image. Thank you for sharing the history too. Smile

(BTW though I don't have large knowledge of opera I learnt a few arias in voice lessons.)

DeltaForceChung wrote:I wonder if someone will ever create and post a 1:6 RIDE OF THE NAKED VALKYRIES?

Wink Razz
You must have enough parts in storage to make this happen. Razz

It ain't over till the [skinny, big breasted, sexy] lady sings! Kukr7s10
https://kukolkacreates.wordpress.com/blog/

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
Thanks Kukolka!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum