OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: REDMAN TOYS: The Mcmurphy Jack RM062 1/6 Figure

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Item No:RM062
Products include:
Head Sculpt
Brown leather Coat
Green T Shirt
Blue Denim Shirt
Blue Jeans
White Prison Uniform Sets
Black Hat
Record Card
Pencil
Cigarette
Handcuffs
Leisure Shoes
Action Modeling Hands x 6
Body
ExquisiteDesign Stand

Jack - NEW PRODUCT: REDMAN TOYS: The Mcmurphy Jack RM062 1/6 Figure 31013610
Jack - NEW PRODUCT: REDMAN TOYS: The Mcmurphy Jack RM062 1/6 Figure 31025210
Jack - NEW PRODUCT: REDMAN TOYS: The Mcmurphy Jack RM062 1/6 Figure 31030310
Jack - NEW PRODUCT: REDMAN TOYS: The Mcmurphy Jack RM062 1/6 Figure 31032210
Jack - NEW PRODUCT: REDMAN TOYS: The Mcmurphy Jack RM062 1/6 Figure 31033010
Jack - NEW PRODUCT: REDMAN TOYS: The Mcmurphy Jack RM062 1/6 Figure 31037710
Jack - NEW PRODUCT: REDMAN TOYS: The Mcmurphy Jack RM062 1/6 Figure 31066110
Jack - NEW PRODUCT: REDMAN TOYS: The Mcmurphy Jack RM062 1/6 Figure 31081010
Jack - NEW PRODUCT: REDMAN TOYS: The Mcmurphy Jack RM062 1/6 Figure 31085210
Jack - NEW PRODUCT: REDMAN TOYS: The Mcmurphy Jack RM062 1/6 Figure 31085211

#newproduct #RedmanToys #TheMcMurphy #Jack #movie-based #male

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think they are entering caricature territory with this head. I mean, it's recognizable, but that seems exaggerated. And with the hat even more so. Love the shoes and accessories.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well, Jack was pretty much a caricature of an actor -- he pretty much played the same role in a lot of his movies (crazy, over-the-top). I think the head sculpt looks good, but I have no interest, at least not until they break these down, then maybe I'll snag the head -- I'm sure the body, as is usual with Redman is absolute garbage.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Jack - NEW PRODUCT: REDMAN TOYS: The Mcmurphy Jack RM062 1/6 Figure C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Well, Jack was pretty much a caricature of an actor -- he pretty much played the same role in a lot of his movies (crazy, over-the-top). I think the head sculpt looks good, but I have no interest, at least not until they break these down, then maybe I'll snag the head -- I'm sure the body, as is usual with Redman is absolute garbage.

The features are recognizable, for sure. By the way, is the Redman Doc head a bit undersized (recasting?). Seems so to me.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yes, it seems a bit small to me as well. No doubt it's a recast, like 90% of their stuff. (I have no plans to actually use it at the moment).

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Yes, it seems a bit small to me as well. No doubt it's a recast, like 90% of their stuff. (I have no plans to actually use it at the moment).
Pity, because it is otherwise very nice. I got one. And I agree, like Wyatt, they should have given him both hatless and hat heads.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:Yes, it seems a bit small to me as well. No doubt it's a recast, like 90% of their stuff. (I have no plans to actually use it at the moment).
Pity, because it is otherwise very nice. I got one. And I agree, like Wyatt, they should have given him both hatless and hat heads.

Yeah, that's what bugs me the most on any of these "cowboy" figures where they either don't have a second head, or use real hair so that the hat can be removed. LIM Toys did a fantastic job with their Gunslinger, and VTS' Wilderness Rider wasn't too bad in this regard either. But LIM showed the way if they're going to go with sculpted hair: interchangeable hair pieces for wearing the hat or not.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Yeah, that's what bugs me the most on any of these "cowboy" figures where they either don't have a second head, or use real hair so that the hat can be removed. LIM Toys did a fantastic job with their Gunslinger, and VTS' Wilderness Rider wasn't too bad in this regard either. But LIM showed the way if they're going to go with sculpted hair: interchangeable hair pieces for wearing the hat or not.
I agree completely. In fairness, Hot Toys was doing this a long time ago, and possibly others too (I remember my Ignite Alexander the Great had a completely removable hairpiece if one wanted to use the helmet instead).

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yeah, HT did something similar with their young Han Solo so he could wear the goggles (I think that's what it was for). Threezero did it for their Game of Thrones Joffrey (is that how you spell it), so he could have his crown on. Sadly, it doesn't appear that HT is doing it for their Back To The Future III Doc or Marty (Doc Brown should have had real hair anyway).

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
In terms of representing Jack N's facial features it isn't too bad a likeness to be fair, but the top 1/3 of the head is exaggerated to cartoonishly wide which then makes the whole head seem like a cariacature.

The beanie hat just looks ridiculous, and seeing as that's an important part of McMurphy's look for a large chunk of the movie... well that's unfortunate.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Exactly, just like you said it, GW.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum