OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Please help me find... (continuously updated)

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 36 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 23 of 50]

Thom Cruz

GubernatorFan wrote:I just came across this -- not the same, and for males, but I think it might be the closest thing to it in sixth scale.

Wow, that's close to perfect, actually! And since the "studs" are all holes for the prongs, I'm sure I'd have no problem fitting it on a female. I don't like those two extra loops with rings, but they look like they could easily be removed. I doubt I'll find anything else as close to what I want as this is, so I went ahead and just bought it. Thanks Very Happy Once all the parts arrive, I'll be sure to post pics of the figure.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Happy to help. And looking forward to it.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Thom Cruz wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:Have you considered getting a black belt and gluing a bunch of tiny metallic (or metallic-looking) studs/caps on it? It is not the most practical thing but might work if there isn't another option. I suppose you could even try to just paint them on with a chrome acrylic pen (like a Molotow marker).

Hm, that's a good idea, thanks! I would still want to find a wider belt to fit the look I'm going for (plus the typical skinny belts wouldn't accommodate two rows of studs very well). But your suggestion definitely broadens my options.

As a general rule, IRL watch straps make great 1/6 belts.  You can find all sorts of buckled straps at Walmart etc -- or better/cheaper yet, look at the watches in thrift stores. You dispose of the actual watch, and the strap part is probably already a bit soft and weathered.  Obviously you need the kind of strap that is a single piece feeding around the back of the watch (not the 2 parters).  You may even be able to find one that is exactly mini-metal-studded as you need.

Thom Cruz

Thom Cruz
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:As a general rule, IRL watch straps make great 1/6 belts.

That's a great idea! Just to check, I scanned eBay for "black studded watches" and quite a few came up that look extremely close to what I'm wanting. So if the belt I just purchased doesn't work out, I'll definitely be looking into this option further. Thanks!

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Thom Cruz wrote:
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:As a general rule, IRL watch straps make great 1/6 belts.

That's a great idea! Just to check, I scanned eBay for "black studded watches" and quite a few came up that look extremely close to what I'm wanting. So if the belt I just purchased doesn't work out, I'll definitely be looking into this option further. Thanks!

Glad to help. I know that some watch straps exist that are pretty close to what you're lookingfor, because I used one to make a DC Comics Death (Sandman) figure at one point (can't find a pic, unfortunately).

Thom Cruz

Thom Cruz
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote: I know that some watch straps exist that are pretty close to what you're lookingfor, because I used one to make a DC Comics Death (Sandman) figure at one point (can't find a pic, unfortunately).

Well, that's um... pretty much exactly who I'm making. So, cool Laughing Here she is so far (sans belt, of course):

quest - Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 24 Death010

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:
As a general rule, IRL watch straps make great 1/6 belts.  You can find all sorts of buckled straps at Walmart etc -- or better/cheaper yet, look at the watches in thrift stores. You dispose of the actual watch, and the strap part is probably already a bit soft and weathered.  Obviously you need the kind of strap that is a single piece feeding around the back of the watch (not the 2 parters).  You may even be able to find one that is exactly mini-metal-studded as you need.

amazing tip!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
She looks great already.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Thom Cruz wrote:
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote: I know that some watch straps exist that are pretty close to what you're lookingfor, because I used one to make a DC Comics Death (Sandman) figure at one point (can't find a pic, unfortunately).

Well, that's um... pretty much exactly who I'm making. So, cool Laughing Here she is so far (sans belt, of course):

quest - Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 24 Death010

What a cool coincidence!  Awesome - yours looks far better than mine did.  You probably also had a steadier hand drawing her eye of Horus.  

If you can find one, a nice addition would be a black 1/6 umbrella.  Some manufacturer was selling individual ones at one point -- for mine I used the one that came with DiD Becker, which has the character-appropriate bonus of a miniskull shaped handle.  Your lady looks great already, she'll be perfect with the belt.

Thom Cruz

Thom Cruz
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:What a cool coincidence!  Awesome - yours looks far better than mine did.  You probably also had a steadier hand drawing her eye of Horus.  

If you can find one, a nice addition would be a black 1/6 umbrella.  Some manufacturer was selling individual ones at one point -- for mine I used the one that came with DiD Becker, which has the appropriate bonus of a miniskull shaped handle.  Your lady looks great already, she'll be perfect with the belt.

Thanks! I surprised myself by getting the spiral on the first try, but the dark around the eyes was a bit tougher. I'm still not 100% happy with that part. Mainly the fact that it looks somewhat different on each eye.

And I actually do have a miniskull-handled umbrella on its way from China. Smile It's probably the same one as yours, although this one was sold individually along with various other styles. The handle is also a hidden blade that comes out. But I'll have no use for that aspect.

quest - Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 24 Deathu10

Thom Cruz

Thom Cruz
GubernatorFan wrote:She looks great already.

Thank you! She's mostly finished; I'm just waiting on a few accessories, the belt, and a different shirt. The one she has currently only looks good when her jacket's on. Partly because it turned out to not really be what I was looking for... but also because one of the straps broke as I was putting it on her Laughing

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
She looks good. The belt will definitely help the overall look.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

quest - Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 24 C8485110

Thom Cruz

Thom Cruz
Stryker2011 wrote:She looks good. The belt will definitely help the overall look.

Thanks!

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Thom she looks great!

Moonbase Alpha Male that a great tip for using a watch straps as a belt.

Thom Cruz

Thom Cruz
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Thom she looks great!

Thanks Smile

Thom Cruz

Thom Cruz
I have an update to my belt situation, and this may also prove useful to someone else. I found a store on eBay called "Rawhide Outfitters" that sells custom-made 1:6 scale leather items. Their selection seems to be mostly Western themed, with a couple exceptions. On a whim I messaged them with a picture of the Death character and asked if they'd be willing to make a replica of her belt. They said they'd gladly do it, and the cost would only be $12 USD! Now I wish I'd waited before jumping right on that other belt I just purchased. Laughing But I'm sure I can still find a good use for it.

PitViper

PitViper
I seek the help of the Forum membership for a bash I'm trying to create.

I'm looking into a figure portraying Chris Hemsworth in the movie "Extraction".  I do have most of the gear though still looking for some bits and pieces.  Where I'm stuck is with the headsculpt; I don't want to spend a boatload of $$ in a custom-made CH exact head.  I'm looking for a commercially available head that resembles Mr. Hemsworth.  If you could point me in the right direction I'd very much appreciate it.  Here's some pics from the movie:
quest - Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 24 Extrac12
quest - Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 24 Extrac10
quest - Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 24 Extrac11

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Staying away from Hot Toys, there are one or more knock offs of the HT cropped-hair (Ragnarock) head sculpt (for example, see HERE or, unpainted HERE). Or how about the Easy & Simple 26032 Lone Rescuer head sculpt (you might want to do some weathering and repainting) you can see here:
quest - Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 24 Clothm30

Or maybe the DAM 78057 Green Beret you can see on the left here:
quest - Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 24 Tblbod10

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
the Crazy Toys Thor Ragnarok might be an option

neck would need modding but plenty parts left over for other customs: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CRAZY-TOYS-1-6-SCALE-THOR-RAGNAROK-COLLECTIBLE-FIGURE-MODEL-STATUE-12-INCH/114271993975?hash=item1a9b244077:g:GNMAAOSwGRFe8fATquest - Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 24 S-l1600

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
KNow it's a long shot, but wondering if anyone has seen anywhere the Ourworld Sorceress figure.

quest - Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 24 1-6-Scale-Ourworld-SWTOYS-FS011-Wizard-3-Sorceress-Girl-Lady-Woman-Female-Collection-Action-Figure

I've been meaning to pick up, and have put off so many times.  I recently finished a custom Witcher 3 Geralt, and thought I really should finally get Yennifer too, but I may have waited to long, and now I'm kicking myself.  Any leads (besides the few on ebay that are just BRUTAL) would be so appreciated.

pani

hi yall, I cant find any of the tbleague premade figures in stock. I'm looking for narama, tariah, or fighter woman. If you see these in stock at normal price at a reputable source please let me know

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
pani wrote:hi yall, I cant find any of the tbleague premade figures in stock. I'm looking for narama, tariah, or fighter woman. If you see these in stock at normal price at a reputable source please let me know

On ebay, all I'm seeing for Tariah is parted out pieces... you may be able to reconstruct the figure that way. The head in particular is available for a very low price at the moment.

Otherwise, there's this listing, but it's quite pricey:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ARH-STUDIOS-TBLeague-the-SILVER-VALKYRIE-TARIAH-1-6-Action-Figure-30-cm-ARH/153937205514?epid=3038220027&hash=item23d75f590a:g:znQAAOSwADZewj-2

If it were me, I'd pick up the available loose pieces and put together my own version.

The others you've mentioned are less recent and might be even more difficult to find. Though sometimes at Monkey Depot you can mesage them and mention you are looking for certain older tbleague figures and see if they have any leads, they may be able to assist you.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 23 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 36 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum