OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Kimi Toyz 1:6 European and American Female Headsculpt [KT-012]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

skywalkersaga

When this sculpt was released, I have to admit I was not very impressed by it. Especially since the other Kimi sculpts have generally been a lot nicer in comparison. But today I randomly came across it while looking up one of my favourite Russian doll artists, and I was reminded of just how much of a difference a quality repaint can make:

female - NEW PRODUCT: Kimi Toyz 1:6 European and American Female Headsculpt [KT-012] - Page 3 Shcwzj10

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Oh yes, what a difference! Beautiful repaint for sure.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Valiarde

Thanks for showing this. I alway like to look at good repaints, rooting etc. Shows you what is possible.

I wish I could do eyes like these

skywalkersaga

Yes -- I think many 1/6 sculpts are actually quite realistic, but are let down by the factory paint job. It's nice to see that potential brought out more.

And Valiarde, I agree, the eyes are gorgeous.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
That’s an absolutely beautiful repaint. The odd thing is that I wouldn’t have found much fault in the original paint work without seeing them side by side. Like Valiarde said, it really opens your eyes to what’s possible.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wow. That’s a gorgeous repaint.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

female - NEW PRODUCT: Kimi Toyz 1:6 European and American Female Headsculpt [KT-012] - Page 3 C8485110

Diana

Diana
I do like this sculpt a lot as it is (even though I have no use for it due to its softness) but that repaint is stunning! Thank you for sharing this! 

Closing the lips by lightening that dark line between her lips makes a big difference, too! And those eyes...

csyeung

csyeung
Fantastic repaint! I just ordered some paints and hopefully take another stab at painting heads. My first attempt was a learning experience. I used regular acrylic paints which tended to go on too thick. Partially my own impatience. Far away it looks ok, but close up you can see all it's imperfections. Gonna crack out my airbrush too, hope my compressor still works! It's all a experimentation and I always find it's another avenue to enjoy the hobby besides just collecting the figures. That's why I love this forum. So many ideas you can get! Thanks for sharing skywalker!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum