OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Storm Toys: BTFN01 1/6 Scale KENSHIRO - FIST OF THE NORTH STAR

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

OSFModerator1

OSFModerator1
Stylized - NEW PRODUCT: Storm Toys: BTFN01 1/6 Scale KENSHIRO - FIST OF THE NORTH STAR 12261410

From the collectible action figure manufacturer STORM COLLECTIBLES comes a high-quality 1/6 scale action figure of Kenshiro, the protagonist of the iconic manga 'Fist of the North Star,' which celebrates its 40th anniversary with contributions from the original creator, Buronson, and the manga artist, Tetsuo Hara. Kenshiro's trademark leather jacket and pants are meticulously recreated using genuine sheepskin leather, providing a lifelike appearance. The seamless joints utilized in the figure allow for a wide range of articulation, preserving the beauty of the musculature and enabling fans to enjoy action sequences reminiscent of the series.

Under the supervision of the original creator, this item is a must-have for fans who appreciate the utmost quality and attention to detail!

Size: 1/6 Scale

Product Features:

Seamless Joints Body
8 x Pair of Interchangeable Hands
Authentic Leather Jacket
Authentic Leather Pants
Release Date: Q1 2024

Stylized - NEW PRODUCT: Storm Toys: BTFN01 1/6 Scale KENSHIRO - FIST OF THE NORTH STAR 12261710
Stylized - NEW PRODUCT: Storm Toys: BTFN01 1/6 Scale KENSHIRO - FIST OF THE NORTH STAR 12262010
Stylized - NEW PRODUCT: Storm Toys: BTFN01 1/6 Scale KENSHIRO - FIST OF THE NORTH STAR 12262310
Stylized - NEW PRODUCT: Storm Toys: BTFN01 1/6 Scale KENSHIRO - FIST OF THE NORTH STAR 12262510
Stylized - NEW PRODUCT: Storm Toys: BTFN01 1/6 Scale KENSHIRO - FIST OF THE NORTH STAR 12262710
Stylized - NEW PRODUCT: Storm Toys: BTFN01 1/6 Scale KENSHIRO - FIST OF THE NORTH STAR 12263010
Stylized - NEW PRODUCT: Storm Toys: BTFN01 1/6 Scale KENSHIRO - FIST OF THE NORTH STAR 12263210
Stylized - NEW PRODUCT: Storm Toys: BTFN01 1/6 Scale KENSHIRO - FIST OF THE NORTH STAR 12263610
Stylized - NEW PRODUCT: Storm Toys: BTFN01 1/6 Scale KENSHIRO - FIST OF THE NORTH STAR 12263910
Stylized - NEW PRODUCT: Storm Toys: BTFN01 1/6 Scale KENSHIRO - FIST OF THE NORTH STAR 12264210
Stylized - NEW PRODUCT: Storm Toys: BTFN01 1/6 Scale KENSHIRO - FIST OF THE NORTH STAR 12264410
Stylized - NEW PRODUCT: Storm Toys: BTFN01 1/6 Scale KENSHIRO - FIST OF THE NORTH STAR 12264810
Stylized - NEW PRODUCT: Storm Toys: BTFN01 1/6 Scale KENSHIRO - FIST OF THE NORTH STAR 12265010
Stylized - NEW PRODUCT: Storm Toys: BTFN01 1/6 Scale KENSHIRO - FIST OF THE NORTH STAR 12265310
Stylized - NEW PRODUCT: Storm Toys: BTFN01 1/6 Scale KENSHIRO - FIST OF THE NORTH STAR 12265510
Stylized - NEW PRODUCT: Storm Toys: BTFN01 1/6 Scale KENSHIRO - FIST OF THE NORTH STAR 12265711
Stylized - NEW PRODUCT: Storm Toys: BTFN01 1/6 Scale KENSHIRO - FIST OF THE NORTH STAR 12265810

#newproduct #StoryToys #Kenshiro #FistoftheNorthStar #male #anime #stylized

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
Ah yes, Fist of the Northstar.
Stylized - NEW PRODUCT: Storm Toys: BTFN01 1/6 Scale KENSHIRO - FIST OF THE NORTH STAR Tumblr_neh9tgAtAR1ruikj5o1_500

A one man army that dispenses justice in a post apocalyptic world, clearly inspired by Mad Max and similar movies of the time. I am tempted to get this one, just so I have a actual brawler/Martial Arts Hero in my collection.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
The "news behind the news," with larger implications, is in the upgrade to Storm Collectibles' 1/6 game. Their standing in the 1/12 world is quite secure but arguably their first forays into 1/6, Sub-Zero and Scorpion from Mortal Kombat, were a bit of misfire. Most notably their blatantly visible forearm joints represented something forgivable in 1/12 but very jarring at 1/6. Kenshiro makes the big leap to seamless arms. Sub-Zero and Scorpion seemed a bit too similar to each other and yet you felt you should either get both or none -- here Kenshiro is a welcome change of license. And definitely more effort has been put into the outfit this time around.

So these are all positive steps forward. I still think their 1/6 figures including Kenshiro are too expensive at more than 3 times the cost of their typical and already expensive 1/12 figures. And regrettably these 1/6 figures seem stingy compared to Storm's 1/12s to the extent the latter typically have 2 or more heads, plus lots of accessories that are altogether lacking here: energy effects or gore effects for Golden Axe, Mortal Kombat etc., or multiple weapons for Gears of War. So Kenshiro still seems too bare bones at too high a price. I'm about a dozen deep on their 1/12s but I passed on their initial 1/6s, and I may jump on to this one or wait for additional improvements next time around. Storm's 1/6 future seems potentially promising tho.

teamweapon

Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:The "news behind the news," with larger implications, is in the upgrade to Storm Collectibles' 1/6 game.  Their standing in the 1/12 world is quite secure but  arguably their first forays into 1/6, Sub-Zero and Scorpion from Mortal Kombat, were a bit of misfire.  Most notably their blatantly visible forearm joints represented something forgivable in 1/12 but very jarring at 1/6.  Kenshiro makes the big leap to seamless arms.  Sub-Zero and Scorpion seemed a bit too similar to each other and yet you felt you should either get both or none -- here Kenshiro is a welcome change of license.  And definitely more effort has been put into the outfit this time around.  

So these are all positive steps forward.  I still think their 1/6 figures including Kenshiro are too expensive at more than 3 times the cost of their typical and already expensive 1/12 figures.  And regrettably these 1/6 figures seem stingy compared to Storm's 1/12s to the extent the latter typically have 2 or more heads, plus lots of accessories that are altogether lacking here: energy effects or gore effects for Golden Axe, Mortal Kombat etc., or multiple weapons for Gears of War.  So Kenshiro still seems too bare bones at too high a price.  I'm about a dozen deep on their 1/12s but I passed on their initial 1/6s, and I may jump on to this one or wait for additional improvements next time around.  Storm's 1/6 future seems potentially promising tho.

prior to the MK storm did do some 1/6, and they were also a failure. the mike tyson they made the joints split REALLY easily, so any that you see for sale have splits in the seamless joints all over the place! shame as the sculpt and the set as a whole was superb apart from the splitty body they used Sad

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
teamweapon wrote:prior to the MK storm did do some 1/6, and they were also a failure. the mike tyson they made the joints split REALLY easily, so any that you see for sale have splits in the seamless joints all over the place! shame as the sculpt and the set as a whole was superb apart from the splitty body they used Sad

Sounds exactly like something that might have happened if they miscarried over their expertise, which is 1/12 design, and it didn't hold up the joints at more substantial 1/6 level esp. with the heavier materials Storm uses.

Good recall by you -- I had totally forgotten about all those Storm Collectibles Tyson, Hogan, Rodman etc, probably because it felt like a totally different product line -- while the recent MK and Kenshiro feel like a more natural extension of their Game/Anime niche.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree with what has been said. Looks good, but they don't seem to understand the true meaning of "seamless body." Moreover, once I decided this was a Japanese version of Sly Stallone, I could not unsee it. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum