OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Floral Delight

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

13 - Floral Delight Empty Floral Delight Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:36 am

DarthJ

The 10 dresses you see in this picture are all variations of the same dress, the "Floral Delight" for the Bionic Woman made in the 1970s by Kenner.
The 12 or so layers offer an infinite number of variations. It took a lot of collecting and money to get these 10 together. From the EU to the USA, no vendor was safe for my search.
Also the dress fits any Phicen (or Jiaoudoll) figure.

3 - Floral Delight Img_2810

23 - Floral Delight Empty Re: Floral Delight Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:43 am

DarthJ

And now they are somewhere in this heap, all molten and burned.

3 - Floral Delight Img_2914

33 - Floral Delight Empty Re: Floral Delight Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:53 am

Visisonor

Visisonor
DarthJ wrote:all molten and burned.
Oh. What's happened?

43 - Floral Delight Empty Re: Floral Delight Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:37 pm

DarthJ

A small fire and they were right next to it. The core 10% of my collection was destroyed. About 8 of 20+ figures with detachable hands/feet can be salvaged, after a thorough cleaning. Most of the other figures, clothing and stuff survived.
I didn't find the tray with loose heads yet, there is chance it survived.

Buying new bodies is not a problem, actually I can reduce these purchases to the bodies I really used (S25, S27 and S39 in particular).
The heads I don't know yet. I have bought a few new ones that I didn't own before. Links to particular heads seen in the picture would be welcome.

Far worse however is the loss of these Floral Delight dresses. So if anyone owns one (or more), complete (with shawl and shoes) or not and wants to sell it for a reasonable price, just send a message. I found 1 in the Netherlands and that's it.

This is really a bad year, years ending in a "3" always are for me.

53 - Floral Delight Empty Re: Floral Delight Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:18 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
This is sad and distressing, but as much as we value them, they are "just things." You're alright (I hope) and that's what should really count. I don't know whether you will be able to assemble quite so large a floral delight collection again, but I'm sure you'll be able to outfit a few.

63 - Floral Delight Empty Re: Floral Delight Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:28 pm

davidd

davidd
And... and the fire started in the Sindy Music Centre?!? Shocked

Looks pretty bad, but could have been significantly worse, or so it appears.

Did you extinguish the fire yourself?

73 - Floral Delight Empty Re: Floral Delight Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:34 pm

DarthJ

The First Survivor.

I only found 2 figures with a head and this was the first one. The dress was discovered today in that heap above, clean and undamaged.

The head always had this yellowish tint, accentuated by the camera flash but it looks ok in reality.

3 - Floral Delight Img_2916

83 - Floral Delight Empty Re: Floral Delight Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:44 pm

DarthJ

davidd wrote:And... and the fire started in the Sindy Music Centre?!?  Shocked

Looks pretty bad, but could have been significantly worse, or so it appears.

Did you extinguish the fire yourself?

No, the rare Sindy music centre actually survived. It was already yellowed, bad quality plastics.

This should answer your question.

3 - Floral Delight Img_2811

93 - Floral Delight Empty Re: Floral Delight Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:19 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
Looks serious Sad
Glad to see the survivor.

103 - Floral Delight Empty Re: Floral Delight Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:57 am

csyeung

csyeung
Ack, that's horrible to hear. Hopefully you can rebuild.

113 - Floral Delight Empty Re: Floral Delight Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:24 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
good grief! that's awful luck.

123 - Floral Delight Empty Re: Floral Delight Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:38 am

Diana

Diana
Aww crap. So sorry. Hard when precious things are lost, but yes, they are just things and getting attached to things is a dangerous thing...

Honestly, these dresses look super easy to make, even for a novice in sewing. If you can find even one of them, use it as a template and make your own!

The Margot Robbie head should still be relatively easy to find. If you can't find it and want it I would likely be okay partying with mine. Wink

133 - Floral Delight Empty Re: Floral Delight Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:48 am

DarthJ

After a thorough search, the Margot Robbie head is from FACEPOOL, the blonde is reference FP-C-002A.

Unfortunately the head isn't available anymore at her own site :

https://store.facepoolfigure.com/

and many other sites except this one :

https://www.toyztactic.com/mint-in-box-weapon-set-accessory/facepoolfigure-fp-c-002-root-hair-female-head-sculpt-with-expression-5-individual-sculpts

So I bought 2 other versions, hoping that the blonde survived (still haven't found the tray with spare heads).

A tactic that I follow for other heads too, buying versions I didn't own yet.

I'm not into sewing though.

143 - Floral Delight Empty Re: Floral Delight Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:00 am

DarthJ

Great, I have won Super Duck heads SDH018B and SDH010C. $31,44 for both. No shipping and probably no customs costs.

SDH010C is a version of the "smiling Asian" that turns red faced when flashlighted.

Neither are in the Destroyed Group.

153 - Floral Delight Empty Re: Floral Delight Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:55 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Wow! Sorry to hear about the fire. Hopefully you’ll discover more stuff survived.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

3 - Floral Delight 1f10

163 - Floral Delight Empty Re: Floral Delight Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:48 am

Diana

Diana
I was referring to the Margot Robbie head by GACTOYS. I have versions GC047A and B. Send me a PM if you want one.

3 - Floral Delight 0110000023343

173 - Floral Delight Empty Re: Floral Delight Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:49 am

Ovy

Ovy
I felt uneasy when I saw that Brandweer Pic in the preview, so I am glad nobody living got hurt, the damage was somehow manageable and you already took action to repair and replace your collection and not giving up on them.
Still very sorry and wishing you a better next year.

183 - Floral Delight Empty Re: Floral Delight Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:46 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
Ovy wrote:
Still very sorry and wishing you a better next year.

Can only second this.

Good thing you haven't lost everything like the whole house or life.

193 - Floral Delight Empty Re: Floral Delight Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:11 pm

DarthJ

Score so far : 9 bodies saved but they are so dirty they would be banned from this forum. I also found 3 heads today, among which a Gactoys Margot Robbie head.
15 body remains found. It think I found most of them by now.Maybe I should give the "deceased" ones a proper burial.

But where is the tray with spare heads ? The bodies mostly melt down until only the metal skeleton is left but the heads burn as matchsticks though keep their shape. So I would expect to find something if the tray has burned (actually they only melt).

203 - Floral Delight Empty Re: Floral Delight Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:33 pm

DarthJ

Found and bought the Russian sniper head from Verycool set VCF-2052. Standing on the far left in the picture.

213 - Floral Delight Empty Re: Floral Delight Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:38 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
Well one could use the damaged dolls for some Zombie World or similar stuff. Unless you don't want them to live on as monsters.

223 - Floral Delight Empty Re: Floral Delight Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:24 pm

DarthJ

Valiarde wrote:Well one could use the damaged dolls for some Zombie World or similar stuff. Unless you don't want them to live on as monsters.

The problem is, Phicen figures burn or melt easily. When they do they are beyond any use.

I'm busy cleaning the survivors. First I use a multi-textile spot remover which "preserves the colours" and seems to work rather well (but makes the figure sticky) and then a baby talc powdering for further cleaning and undoing the sticky feeling.
One needs feet replacements and another one misses a hand (was already a problem before).
It seems that among the saved ones are 2 S27, 1 S25 and 1 S24. I'll check when the new ones arrive

233 - Floral Delight Empty Re: Floral Delight Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:54 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
DarthJ wrote:
Valiarde wrote:Well one could use the damaged dolls for some Zombie World or similar stuff. Unless you don't want them to live on as monsters.

The problem is, Phicen figures burn or melt easily. When they do they are beyond any use.

I'm busy cleaning the survivors. First I use a multi-textile spot remover which "preserves the colours" and seems to work rather well (but makes the figure sticky) and then a baby talc powdering for further cleaning and undoing the sticky feeling.
One needs feet replacements and another one misses a hand (was already a problem before).
It seems that among the saved ones are 2 S27, 1 S25 and 1 S24. I'll check when the new ones arrive
As annoying as the situation and damage are, you might find someone interested in getting the skeletons, if they are still functional.

243 - Floral Delight Empty Re: Floral Delight Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:16 pm

DarthJ

Sell them on Ebay as a "special series" for the price of a full figure ...

253 - Floral Delight Empty Re: Floral Delight Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:51 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I would have thought you needed good karma.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum