OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Hades was the Greek god of the underworld and the name eventually came to also describe the home of the dead as well. He was the oldest male child of CRONUS and Rhea. Hades and his brothers ZEUS and POSEIDON defeated their father and the TITANS to end their reign, claiming rulership over the cosmos. They agreed to split their rule with Zeus becoming god of the skies, Poseidon god of the sea and Hades god of the underworld. Though Hades is the King of the Dead, he should not be confused with Death itself, which is personified by Thanatos.

COOMODEL X HOMER DIE-CAST ALLOY 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades GODDESS OF UNDERWORLD 12-inch Collectible Figure

specially features:
head sculpt with fabric hair |
female seamless body |
Six (6) pieces of interchangeable palms
(2 open palms, 2 open palms with armor, 2 weapon-holding palms with armor)

Costume:
bronze Helmet of Darkness,
white vest,
bronze neck-shoulder armor,
bronze chest-waist armor,
bronze lower-arm armor,
leather skirt,
red underskirt,
bronze leg armor,
bronze shoes

CooModel - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure 1_112
CooModel - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure 270
CooModel - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure 370
CooModel - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure 467
CooModel - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure 569
CooModel - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure 668
CooModel - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure 766
CooModel - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure 862
CooModel - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure 961
CooModel - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure 1057
CooModel - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure 1152
CooModel - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure 1248
CooModel - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure 1339
CooModel - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure 1438

#newproduct #COOModel #Hades #GoddessoftheUnderworld #female #GreekMythology #fantasy

mrhoss

I hope I have enough room in the budget for both COO X Homer figures. They look more substantial than something you would get from TBLeague. Sexy but not overly in your face.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Interesting that after the perfectly correct intro about the male Hades, they just went for a female "Hades" figure. Although it is very much a fantasy figure, it somehow seems far more realistic than the Athena offering. I love this helmet.

PitViper

PitViper
Beautiful headsculpt.

doodlehobby

My first impression:

Wow. This thing is quite a piece of work. It's HEAVY and when pulling her out of the tray you can feel the heft to it. Almost felt like I was actually pulling out a die cast figure. Of course, that's not completely true. What gives it the heft is the armor she's wearing. Most of the armor is (die cast?) metal and the feet are completely moulded in metal. Her sword, yup, it's completely casted in metal. Same with spear head (not sure of the staff as I didn't pull it out). The seamless body is similar to the Very Cool seamless body. It's not completely seamless (only the arms and legs are seamless; the rest is jointed). I haven't looked at the helmet yet, though the shield is plastic.

The stand came in a separate box and that was also HEAVY. I haven't taken that out yet either.

Overall, it's nice. But I have doubts about how well the body will hold up to that amount of weight. Of course, I'll probably be foolish enough to fiddle with it and see what I can use on a TBL/Phicen body. The feet for sure are incompatible with the TBL/Phicen. The armor will likely stain it and probably put some nice divots into the body as well due to the shear weight of it. You would think that would deter me from trying, much less think about it. LOL

Unfortunately, I don't have as much time to mess with it at the moment. Only warning I can give is if you plan on searching for parts on this set, be mindful of what you are getting into. I can see some challenges with it at quick glance. But won't know for sure until I handle it some more.

shazzdan

shazzdan
Nice to see a hands-on review. Is it worth the money?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I wasn't around when this was originally posted, so I hadn't seen it before. While I'm not sold on a female Hades [I like the 'original' far too much, lol], as a figure this is very striking, and visually more interesting to me than tbleague -- well, other than that gorgeous Court of the Dead figure. The helmet is awesome, as is the stunning headsculpt, though no idea how it turned out in-hand. 

Curious about your experiments with it, doodlehobby, once you get a chance. : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I did pick up the Chalcidian helmet myself. This stunning fantasy figure would make a nice pair for Pangaea's "Greek General" (i.e., unlicensed Brad Pitt Achilles from Troy).

desertdragon

desertdragon
I have both Hades and Athena on preorder, and I will post photos / impressions here whenever they show up... These will be my first Coo model pieces, and I'm really curious about how their armatures will handle all that metal armor. Aesthetically, I love both these pieces, at least from what I have seen of them in the product shots... Really looking forward to these!

doodlehobby

shazzdan wrote:Nice to see a hands-on review. Is it worth the money?
I still haven't had a proper chance to look at it. In all honesty, I wish they offered the stand separately to lower costs on this thing. I was never too keen on it in the first place (displaying anything with skulls really isn't to my liking). I might just sell off the stand as it's already packed in a separate container and on it's own.

Value wise, it's hard to say. It's cool and all, but with the amount of weight and plastic armature for the body... one wonders if it'll wear down over time. I know my diecast figures become loose over time and that's just from displaying them. Also may want to use a stand to ensure it doesn't topple over. The metal feet are solid and hefty to ensure it can stand it on it's own, but having a stand wouldn't hurt especially considering its weight.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I hadn’t realized the stand had skulls on it ... from the pics it just looks like crystal type rocks with some ‘lava’ flowing between?

doodlehobby

skywalkersaga wrote:I hadn’t realized the stand had skulls on it ... from the pics it just looks like crystal type rocks with some ‘lava’ flowing between?
You could be right actually. I still haven't taken the stand out to look. I'm just going off one of the promo pics where there were skulls shown with the stand. But that could have been Photoshopped in. LOL

I'm hoping I'll have some time to look at it today or tomorrow before the back to school stuff and cold/flu season hits making my coming work weeks hectic.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
It’s ok! I had literally just been eyeing on up on eBay, hence why I was confused. ;p

Looking forward to seeing some pics once you get the chance. : )

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
desertdragon wrote:I have both Hades and Athena on preorder, and I will post photos / impressions here whenever they show up... These will be my first Coo model pieces, and I'm really curious about how their armatures will handle all that metal armor. Aesthetically, I love both these pieces, at least from what I have seen of them in the product shots... Really looking forward to these!

I have both on PO, also. But I'll let your photos tell the story -- you're much better at it than I am.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

CooModel - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure C8485110

doodlehobby

desertdragon wrote:I have both Hades and Athena on preorder, and I will post photos / impressions here whenever they show up... These will be my first Coo model pieces, and I'm really curious about how their armatures will handle all that metal armor. Aesthetically, I love both these pieces, at least from what I have seen of them in the product shots... Really looking forward to these!

Stryker2011 wrote:

I have both on PO, also. But I'll let your photos tell the story -- you're much better at it than I am.
You both should be getting it soon I hope as both have been released. The local online shop I got it from has it available in stock now (Hades sold out and they only have 1 Athena left). I had to pick one as I couldn't afford to have both especially with all the other costly POs coming out this month and the next. I went with Hades as she looked more appealing to me than Athena. LOL

desertdragon

desertdragon
Stryker2011 wrote:

lol thank you Stryker - but honestly I always love seeing other people's shots, so please do post some if you happen to take pics Smile

doodlehobby

Oh geez... I'm really disappointed with this figure. Don't get me wrong, I still love it and it looks amazing, but they could have done a way better job at this. Sorry no pics yet as my head is still wrapped around what a mess this came out to be.

Where to start? The body and HS tones don't match! WTF?! For the cost of the figure, I would expect this not to be an issue. Dang it. They actually slapped a suntan HS on a pale body. What were they thinking? I dug out a spare TBL suntan body I had and voila, nice perfect match. Also they gave this gal a disproportionate body. She's got stubby arms and elongated legs (it's using ankle extensions). And the high heeled feet stand pretty high on its own. I thought I was just imagining this until I put the TBL next to it. The body does seem to look like it has an internal metal skeleton only in the arms and legs. The torso, neck, hips are all plastic though from what I can tell. If you crunch the upper torso forward/back you expose a very nice visible gap that shows its inner torso ball jointed skeleton.

Now here's where I started to curse like there was no tomorrow. I managed to break BOTH wrist pegs. My fault for yanking too hard I guess and not using the blow dryer to heat it long enough. Also managed to pinch my pinky with needle nose pliers/rubber while slowly trying to pull it out. I actually had to use a pin vise to break up the stuck pegs in the wrist and hand. Oh well, I guess that's why they included 2 spares. Articulation is limited (thanks TBL for spoiling me in this department). Best the arms will do is 90 degree bend at the elbow. Same with the knees IIRC. Though the knees are ratcheted from what I can tell. Didn't dwell much more on the articulation as I've pretty much made my mind at that point to just swap out the body and start bashing what I can on the TBL spare body I put the HS on.

The feet are another issue. The ankle ball joint doesn't solidly peg into the leg. I mean I stand her up and I can see she's starting to tilt. Even with the solid mass and heft of the feet, the weak ankles can't seem to balance the weight on mine. The feet easily come off without much effort. The figure is indeed a little top heavy with the its chest, neck, shoulder and arm guards being metal. The upper arm/elbow pad is plastic as well as the leg armor. As I had thought, it stains as well. The clear plastic wrap is discoloured when I took apart the armor.

Overall, I feel that it's really sloppy on the company's part. I honestly don't know what they were thinking when they put this body together.

Now, after all that, I noticed the armor had felt like material glued underneath it. This is definitely going to be an issue over time. I remember adhesive leeching out over time on a similar metal case that used similar material to pad and protect my devices. The adhesive oozed out over time and, well, it just wasn't pleasant to deal with. I'm expecting the same thing will happen to this.

On a much brighter note, I got everything fitted on my TBL body. The only issue is it can't handle the sword or staff as both wrists on this body are loose. Yeah, it was one of the older bodies where the wrist pegs easily detached from the arm. The other challenge is finding something for the feet as I can't use the feet from the figure. I'm thinking about gladiator sandals or something to that effect. I just put some high heel shoes on her in the meantime. LOL

Now that all that's done, I'll have put out some time to setup a photo shoot for this lovely figure. Despite the challenges and cursing I faced, once I had it all on the TBL body, it's a huge improvement (well, with the exception of the feet). LOL

Oh and the stand is rally nice. I stand corrected. :p

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wow. That does sound disappointing. I’m starting to not be so psyched anymore. I really hate when these companies show a beautiful prototype, spend months and months getting out the product, and it ends up being a mess.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

CooModel - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure C8485110

desertdragon

desertdragon
Thanks for the detailed review doodlehobby, and yeah, that does not sound encouraging... which TBL body did you use for your replacement? I'm going to need to have two of them on standby it sounds like :p

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Doodlehobby, thanks for sharing your mercilessly candid appraisal of the issues with this set. I thought Coo Model is reliably good in its execution, but something obviously didn't work out here. The silver lining, if you can call it that, is that almost all of the problems you had with this product were about the underlying body, and as you said, you have successfully transferred it to another (and may transfer it yet again to an even better one). As for the armor, I hope your fears don't come true, but you could always strip away the felt (or not) and add a plastic lining (from ziplocks or Saran Wrap?) to protect your figure just in case. These are all viable solutions, but yes, they should not have been necessary in the first place.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum