OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Finished Custom Vulture 56" Wingspan From Spider-Man Homecoming

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Took about 9 months to build, has at least 200 POA (at least 4 per feather for example), it is is 56 inches wide when the wings are spread out straight. I have no attachment to the character as such but loved how he was portrayed in the film although I did change his weapons system as I didn't like the movie version that looked like he was carrying two cowbells.
As well as the wings being fully articulated so is his armour/exoskeleton, weapons, turbines etc... the turbines are also powered by a USB cable from the mains so the fans spin and LEDs light up. Much better close up pictures can be seen on my WIP thread linked below, just skip to the last 5 pages or so if you are not interested in the build process.

The Vulture WIP Thread

Reference pics:

Spiderman - My Finished Custom Vulture 56" Wingspan From Spider-Man Homecoming V4vhd0r

Spiderman - My Finished Custom Vulture 56" Wingspan From Spider-Man Homecoming NgHj79O

Spiderman - My Finished Custom Vulture 56" Wingspan From Spider-Man Homecoming 9nfCgH8

Spiderman - My Finished Custom Vulture 56" Wingspan From Spider-Man Homecoming JeofgEj

Spiderman - My Finished Custom Vulture 56" Wingspan From Spider-Man Homecoming R2UKlZ6

Spiderman - My Finished Custom Vulture 56" Wingspan From Spider-Man Homecoming FgABQS4

Spiderman - My Finished Custom Vulture 56" Wingspan From Spider-Man Homecoming Bvn2DOt

Hard to take decent pics of a giant figure hanging from the ceiling but I did my best:

Spiderman - My Finished Custom Vulture 56" Wingspan From Spider-Man Homecoming OVhJRqf

Spiderman - My Finished Custom Vulture 56" Wingspan From Spider-Man Homecoming ECzvdKT

Spiderman - My Finished Custom Vulture 56" Wingspan From Spider-Man Homecoming BrFPcfq

Spiderman - My Finished Custom Vulture 56" Wingspan From Spider-Man Homecoming ANfkp5k

Spiderman - My Finished Custom Vulture 56" Wingspan From Spider-Man Homecoming 0GGTXEr

Spiderman - My Finished Custom Vulture 56" Wingspan From Spider-Man Homecoming OHqp1B3

Spiderman - My Finished Custom Vulture 56" Wingspan From Spider-Man Homecoming GXxEKW5

Spiderman - My Finished Custom Vulture 56" Wingspan From Spider-Man Homecoming TFk3fO5

Spiderman - My Finished Custom Vulture 56" Wingspan From Spider-Man Homecoming EsxzgQj

Spiderman - My Finished Custom Vulture 56" Wingspan From Spider-Man Homecoming J4rSBKA

Spiderman - My Finished Custom Vulture 56" Wingspan From Spider-Man Homecoming LobyTlF

Spiderman - My Finished Custom Vulture 56" Wingspan From Spider-Man Homecoming Dty3AdC

Spiderman - My Finished Custom Vulture 56" Wingspan From Spider-Man Homecoming MDggRdp

Spiderman - My Finished Custom Vulture 56" Wingspan From Spider-Man Homecoming YObBDzk

Spiderman - My Finished Custom Vulture 56" Wingspan From Spider-Man Homecoming I70OPQK

Spiderman - My Finished Custom Vulture 56" Wingspan From Spider-Man Homecoming Yv1FBYL

Spiderman - My Finished Custom Vulture 56" Wingspan From Spider-Man Homecoming 1PokeCs

Spiderman - My Finished Custom Vulture 56" Wingspan From Spider-Man Homecoming RnIUXB9

Spiderman - My Finished Custom Vulture 56" Wingspan From Spider-Man Homecoming UA82ABM

Spiderman - My Finished Custom Vulture 56" Wingspan From Spider-Man Homecoming TglQGL6

Spiderman - My Finished Custom Vulture 56" Wingspan From Spider-Man Homecoming J1bTV6W

Spiderman - My Finished Custom Vulture 56" Wingspan From Spider-Man Homecoming TVfhFo7

Spiderman - My Finished Custom Vulture 56" Wingspan From Spider-Man Homecoming EDe4UyV

Spiderman - My Finished Custom Vulture 56" Wingspan From Spider-Man Homecoming IzXXp5H

Spiderman - My Finished Custom Vulture 56" Wingspan From Spider-Man Homecoming ZCJLlu8

Spiderman - My Finished Custom Vulture 56" Wingspan From Spider-Man Homecoming GHEUhK5

Spiderman - My Finished Custom Vulture 56" Wingspan From Spider-Man Homecoming SkdVUzG

Spiderman - My Finished Custom Vulture 56" Wingspan From Spider-Man Homecoming 2SRJPWe

Spiderman - My Finished Custom Vulture 56" Wingspan From Spider-Man Homecoming VctPnGQ

Spiderman - My Finished Custom Vulture 56" Wingspan From Spider-Man Homecoming KrKwHF8

Spiderman - My Finished Custom Vulture 56" Wingspan From Spider-Man Homecoming AKiooSH

#custom #superhero #marvel #spiderman #male

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Man that is amazingly impressive! You are crazy dedicated. Your builds are always so complex. Bravo!

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Spiderman - My Finished Custom Vulture 56" Wingspan From Spider-Man Homecoming C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Wow... very impressive and cool to see it finalized in all its glory. If someone were to break into your treasure room, I would expect him to go into full attack mode and chase away the intruder.

Fox915

Fox915
Whoa! affraid  This is such a mind-boggling and painstakingly lengthy build. How you've tackled multiple ongoing projects (which are both highly complex and lengthy in themselves), and coming out with such outstanding results just leaves me in complete awe. I wished I had just half of your focus and dedication, my attention span is so poor I'd probably screw up having multiple projects going on at once.

You sir, are a genius.

Out of curiosity, are the fans/turbines powerful enough to move him? How cool would it be if he was swerving or flying around the anchor point on the ceiling when you switch him on. Very Happy

scalawag

scalawag
Incredible, just incredible. To put something like this together shows a phenomenal amount of skill and attention to detail. Well done mate he looks brilliant.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Man that is amazingly impressive! You are crazy dedicated. Your builds are always so complex. Bravo!

Well I love a challenge every now and again! Laughing
Thank you Stryker for showing an interest during the build process too!

GubernatorFan wrote:Wow... very impressive and cool to see it finalized in all its glory. If someone were to break into your treasure room, I would expect him to go into full attack mode and chase away the intruder.

Laughing You're probably sick to death of seeing this thing Ian so thank you! I've a feeling he'd be battered into bits... probably best to leave it to me with a Bowie knife and a Wakizasahi! Wink

Fox915 wrote:Whoa! affraid  This is such a mind-boggling and painstakingly lengthy build. How you've tackled multiple ongoing projects (which are both highly complex and lengthy in themselves), and coming out with such outstanding results just leaves me in complete awe. I wished I had just half of your focus and dedication, my attention span is so poor I'd probably screw up having multiple projects going on at once.

You sir, are a genius.

Out of curiosity, are the fans/turbines powerful enough to move him? How cool would it be if he was swerving or flying around the anchor point on the ceiling when you switch him on. Very Happy

That's high praise! Thank you Fox! I just take it one day at a time, swapping projects if the mood takes me, finishing them all is the tricky bit! Wink As for the turbines, no they're not strong enough as this build weighs around 3kg so if I had powerful enough ones for it they'd be pretty scary!! Shocked Probably blow all my other figures off the shelves and across the room! Laughing But yes I did think about it!

scalawag wrote:Incredible, just incredible.  To put something like this together shows a phenomenal amount of skill and attention to detail.  Well done mate he looks brilliant.

Thank you so much Scalawag! I notice you changed the wording on your signature Cool . Patience is the key to builds like this...and Xanax!! Laughing

Allotropos

Allotropos
That is one epic build ! and it even more intimidating hanging from the ceiling !!
KOTM ! oh wait...wrong forum.
hmmm maybe we should have something like that here as well.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Holy crap!

That looks amazing. I keep saying this about your stuff, you never know what's going to come out of all that chaos, but, in most cases, this included, it's brilliance!!

Well done!

CHEERS!

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Allotropos wrote:That is one epic build ! and it even more intimidating hanging from the ceiling !!

+1 for the KOTM idea!

CHEERS!

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Ok i'm coining a new word... Vulturiffic!
Cool that you added the bigger middle talon on the feet staying true to anatomy... looks more menacing than the movie design!

dadrab

dadrab
It's done, at long last and the result was definitely worth the wait. That is one asskicking figure. The detail is phenomenal.

Hell, the very fact it all came together into one coherent mass is impressive in and of itself, to have it all come together as something that looks that good is damn near miraculous.

A tip of my hat to you...again.

Damn fine work.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Goddamn Shovelchop, that is such an impressive beast! Seriously man, I love your take on the Vulture design, and all the technical detail that went into this, from the articulation to the lighting is really mind-blowing. Awe inspiring.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Allotropos wrote:That is one epic build ! and it even more intimidating hanging from the ceiling !!

Thank you Allotropos! Gets even more intimidating if you have to walk under it every day! Laughing As for KOTM etc... got nominated many times but never won once in 10 years, usually I had something that involved loads of engineering but would lose to a statue of sorts, a fantastic looking statue. Kind of went off the whole idea TBH.

Rogerbee wrote:Holy crap!

That looks amazing. I keep saying this about your stuff, you never know what's going to come out of all that chaos, but, in most cases, this included, it's brilliance!!

Well done!

CHEERS!

Thank you Roger! I'd say thank you for your support but you seriously doubted this build for at least half the thread! Wink Laughing Glad you came around in the later half though! Very Happy Yeah I know you can't see inside my head...

rollotomasi wrote:Ok i'm coining a new word... Vulturiffic!
Cool that you added the bigger middle talon on the feet staying true to anatomy... looks more menacing than the movie design!

Thanks rollo! Glad you noticed, I too thought the movie version's talons were a bit underwhelming and didn't look bird like enough.

dadrab wrote:It's done, at long last and the result was definitely worth the wait. That is one asskicking figure. The detail is phenomenal.

Hell, the very fact it all came together into one coherent mass is impressive in and of itself, to have it all come together as something that looks that good is damn near miraculous.

A tip of my hat to you...again.

Damn fine work.

Thank you dadrab! Even more miraculous... hasn't exploded or caught fire yet either!! Laughing (knock on wood).

ReverendSpooky wrote:Goddamn Shovelchop, that is such an impressive beast!  Seriously man, I love your take on the Vulture design, and all the technical detail that went into this, from the articulation to the lighting is really mind-blowing.  Awe inspiring.

Thanks RS! I tend to get sucked into the detail and need to pry myself out to finish the bloody project at times! Wink

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Completely and totally an amazing figure. If professional movies makers aren't seeking you out for props, they are missing out!
I can only imagine the awesome you could bring to a film!

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
I can sometimes think like you do, it just gets lost in translation between my head and my hands! That's Dyspraxia for you!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Pontiacivan wrote:Completely and totally an amazing figure. If professional movies makers aren't seeking you out for props, they are missing out!
I can only imagine the awesome you could bring to a film!

Shame it's all CGI though and 1:1 mostly nowadays. Can't leave the house anyway so it's a moot point Wink . Thank you very much for the kind words and thoughts though!

Rogerbee wrote:I can sometimes think like you do, it just gets lost in translation between my head and my hands! That's Dyspraxia for you!

CHEERS!

I only meant that understandably you can't see what I'm envisioning in my head as I often have an overall vision but tweak it as I build hence why I never do any design sketches etc..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum