OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Conanesque: A Fantasy Warrior Kitbash (update 5: February 2020)

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Update 1: for additional figures, see post 20.

Update 2: for additional figures, see post 33.

Update 3: for additional figures, see post 42.

Update 4: for additional figures, see posts 59-60.

Update 5: for additional figures, see posts 73, 79, 83, 94.

Someone asked elsewhere whether the Coomodel Vikings gear would fit on Phicen's M34 or M35. Although I suspected I knew the answer, I gave it a try with some of the extra parted-out parts I had picked up (I was not about to mess with the fully-kitted-out boxed set figures). In the end, with the help of my extra customized Conan head and a couple of pieces from the Barbarian Fantasy Warrior sets by Kaustic Plastik, it became a spontaneous kitbash. I also repainted and "furred" the helmet. It is loosely inspired by a couple of different Conan looks; consider it Conan's Alter Ego... or long-lost twin... or just something Conanesque. So here he is, in the last photo also sizing up the real Conan...

custom - Conanesque: A Fantasy Warrior Kitbash (update 5: February 2020) Conane10

custom - Conanesque: A Fantasy Warrior Kitbash (update 5: February 2020) Conane11

custom - Conanesque: A Fantasy Warrior Kitbash (update 5: February 2020) Conane12

Considering it was basically an accidental kitbash, I think it turned out ok. What do you think?

#conan #barbarian #fantasy #warrior #kitbash #custom #m35 #coomodel #vikings #male

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I think he turned out great. And while it may not be an exact copy of an outfit from the movies I think it still looks like a great representation of Conan.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

custom - Conanesque: A Fantasy Warrior Kitbash (update 5: February 2020) C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:I think he turned out great. And while it may not be an exact copy of an outfit from the movies I think it still looks like a great representation of Conan.

Thank you very much, Mark! Glad you liked it. But no suggestion on the name yet (or didn't like any of the goofy options in the poll)?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The names are funny. But, nah, Conan 2.0 works for me.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

custom - Conanesque: A Fantasy Warrior Kitbash (update 5: February 2020) C8485110

Ephiane

Ephiane
Great Work on the Figure ! That is the original Sword in 1:6 and it´s Metal Shocked Wow !

dadrab

dadrab
I actually like your bash better.

While being movie correct (I reckon) the KP set always looked to me like the figure was wearing a fur diaper. Great set, without doubt, but your bash shows active imagination. I like it a lot.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:The names are funny. But, nah, Conan 2.0 works for me.

At present there is a tie between four options...

Ephiane wrote:Great Work on the Figure ! That is the original Sword in 1:6 and it´s Metal  Shocked Wow !

Thank you, Ephiane. The original sword (actually there are two of them) is from the Kaustic Plastik set, and I can take no credit for it. On the movie accurate figure I have painted the gold or bronze parts of the sword.

dadrab wrote:I actually like your bash better. While being movie correct (I reckon) the KP set always looked to me like the figure was wearing a fur diaper. Great set, without doubt, but your bash shows active imagination. I like it a lot.

Thank you, dadrab. I will not argue with you about the silliness of the movie (and to some extent comic book) outfit, though it has become iconic. I should point out that it is also a kitbash/custom, because only the weapons, lower boots, and belt are actually from the Kaustic Plastik set. I did all the fur, the vambraces, the leather straps, necklace, crown, and modified the head with a repaint and "real" hair. But I do rather like the new bash, and am glad you do too.

Ovy

Ovy
Well he looks less silly than the original! I think Arnie might rock a rooted beard too.
What about Ponan the Pump or Chonan da Choppa?

And are those slate serving plates on the floor? I nearly bought some too last week.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:Well he looks less silly than the original! I think Arnie might rock a rooted beard too.
What about Ponan the Pump or Chonan da Choppa? And are those slate serving plates on the floor? I nearly bought some too last week.

Thank you, Ovy. Although I have made two haired Conan heads, I am not ready to experiment with adding a beard to either yet.

As for the names, the poll limits options to only 10, so I kept it simple. I also thought of Alan the Abominable, Logan the Lecherous, and Toran the Torrid.

And you are almost right. Those are slate coasters from Meijers. Target sells larger slate cheese boards.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Looks great to me.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:Looks great to me.

Thank you very much, Alex!

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Pretty darn cool!
What about Kimble for a name? ( K Cop )

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Pontiacivan wrote:Pretty darn cool! What about Kimble for a name? ( K Cop )

Thank you, Pontiacvan! As for the name, I don't know. Kimble just doesn't have a Dark Age/barbarian ring to it -- at least to me. I had a poll going with several options (like Ronan the Raider and Onan the Wanker and others I already forget) but there was so little in the way of votes (and they were in a tie), that I gave up on it. Patience has never been one of my many virtues. Wink

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Great looking Warrior!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Great looking Warrior!

Thank you very much, BAD WOLF!

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
I really like Conan 2.0! And while never an outfit we saw in the movies, it totally looks like something Conan would wear. I keep going back and forth on the Kaustic sword. In person I thought it looked kinda small, but looks great in these pics, and I remember looking up reference pics and thinking the size was more accurate than I had thought. And the additional paint details really sell it.

On Dadrab's fur diaper comment, I think it's the volume of the fur that give it that look on a figure, and not so much in the movie. Fur is one of those things that's really hard to get to look quite right in smaller scales.

And the slate tiles are a brilliant idea, and look so perfect in photos! Might have to acquire some myself.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Nice job!

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ReverendSpooky wrote:I really like Conan 2.0!  And while never an outfit we saw in the movies, it totally looks like something Conan would wear.  I keep going back and forth on the Kaustic sword.  In person I thought it looked kinda small, but looks great in these pics, and I remember looking up reference pics and thinking the size was more accurate than I had thought.  And the additional paint details really sell it.
On Dadrab's fur diaper comment, I think it's the volume of the fur that give it that look on a figure, and not so much in the movie.  Fur is one of those things that's really hard to get to look quite right in smaller scales.
And the slate tiles are a brilliant idea, and look so perfect in photos!  Might have to acquire some myself.  

Thank you, Adam! The Kaustic Plastik sword is a lot better than anything I could have made myself, so I am not looking that gift horse in the mouth Smile I wish it had come properly painted, but since I had both sets and both came with one of these swords, I did it to one of them. I'm worried the paint might rub off, but it hasn't yet.

I agree about the fur. It can be quite tricky to achieve the right look, and I cannot claim to have perfected it. The Spanish rabbit fur sold at Hobby Lobby is soft and not too long, so it can be pretty user-friendly when customizing.

The slate coasters were featured in post 180 of the Useful Items thread. They come in sets of four.

Rogerbee wrote:Nice job!

Thank you, Roger!

So to answer the question about what Coomodel Viking gear would fit on M35 bodies, I tried out some newly arrived parted-out pieces, and this resulted in the following (though not enough pieces to make a real kitbash). The fit of the foot pegs into the boots is a bit loose, and requires some ingenuity. I will also note that if you don't tuck in the pants into boots, they could make perfectly good pajama bottoms! Smile And no staining (yet).

custom - Conanesque: A Fantasy Warrior Kitbash (update 5: February 2020) Viking44

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Promising!

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks, Roger!

Well today I received some more Coomodel Vikings parted-out parts, and the spontaneous kitbashing resumed. I ended up with two extra fantasy warrior figures, one of them building up the second figure already shown above, the other a simple archer. The belts, knives, and axes are from Ignite, the bow and arrow from Star Ace. Do bear in mind this is all driven by experiments to see how much of the Vikings set is compatible with the TBLeague M35 body; I think it worked out pretty well, given that.

custom - Conanesque: A Fantasy Warrior Kitbash (update 5: February 2020) Viking46

custom - Conanesque: A Fantasy Warrior Kitbash (update 5: February 2020) Viking45

custom - Conanesque: A Fantasy Warrior Kitbash (update 5: February 2020) Viking47

custom - Conanesque: A Fantasy Warrior Kitbash (update 5: February 2020) Viking48

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum