OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS new product 1 / 6 European and American hair beauty head carving dream ~ YMT011

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787

Very nice looking HS's!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Pretty neat, and not excessively juvenile.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
With long hair it looks a bit like Kelly Brook, definitely need a big bust Phicen in that case!

CHEERS!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Has anyone gotten one of these? I like the look from the promo pics, but not sure what it's like in-hand... if they are alright, I'm hoping to pick up a couple.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

They were released:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/In-Stock-1-6-Scale-YMTOYS-YMT011-Dream-Female-Head-For-Hot-toys-Phicen-Body/254231359031?hash=item3b315eae37ⓂmpZtGD5buCkLW5IMjCTjHlA

If you have a need for one, get one then we can find out.

CHEERS!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks! If I take a chance on it, I’ll let you guys know. Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
OK, after much vacillating, I ended up getting one of these -- the 'B' version with the long red hair and 'straight' gaze. This is the first YMToys sculpt I've ever purchased and I wasn't sure what to expect as from the photos it's hard to tell how they will look in hand. But I am pretty happy with it. I bought it to use as a base sculpt for a custom figure, so it wouldn't have been the end of the world if the makeup and paintjob was terrible, but it is actually alright. Likewise, while I plan to change the hair on it for tibetan lamb hair eventually, the factory hair it comes with it is nice enough to leave as it is for the time being. 

I haven't tried it with any tbleague bodies yet, but will see if I can get some pics if/when I do. 

As others have noted, the overall quality of these YM sculpts seems very good. Smile

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Nice,

Be interesting to see what they're like.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yes, YM produces some good quality stuff. Glad you like yours.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Sorry for the delay, life is pretty hectic right now. Apologies as well that these aren't the greatest quality, my phone is pretty much on its last legs. But for those who were curious, here's how she looks in hand in natural daylight. 

Note that this particular head is way too big for the small s25b tbleague body I put it on, but that's the only extra body I had on hand and I wanted to compare the skintones. 

european - NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS new product 1 / 6 European and American hair beauty head carving dream ~ YMT011 Edit_111

european - NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS new product 1 / 6 European and American hair beauty head carving dream ~ YMT011 Edit_311

european - NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS new product 1 / 6 European and American hair beauty head carving dream ~ YMT011 Edit_210

european - NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS new product 1 / 6 European and American hair beauty head carving dream ~ YMT011 Edit_410

european - NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS new product 1 / 6 European and American hair beauty head carving dream ~ YMT011 Edit_710

european - NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS new product 1 / 6 European and American hair beauty head carving dream ~ YMT011 Edit_810

european - NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS new product 1 / 6 European and American hair beauty head carving dream ~ YMT011 Img_7710

Personally, I am not crazy about the paintjob -- not that it is badly done, it looks nice for what it is, but I think the brown eyes and bright red lipstick look odd on a readhead. I plan to do a complete repaint/makeover before using this for the character I have in mind, so it's not a big deal. But it is a pretty sculpt and not too far off from the promo pics.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Not bad. It looks like the skin tone matches well. Thanks for posting those.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

european - NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS new product 1 / 6 European and American hair beauty head carving dream ~ YMT011 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Not bad at all. Thanks. And for the professionalism ... handling them with gloves and all that. Wink

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Lol, yes I do handle pretty much all my 1/6 stuff (and even my smaller 3.75” figures) while wearing gloves .... for lots of reasons. I’m always paranoid about scratching a figure and/or catching the fabric of a figure’s clothing with my nails, for one thing. And I also don’t like to risk the oils from my hands doing damage. I’m likewise constantly handling my dogs throughout the day (and getting licked to death by them) and so paranoid about touching my figures bare-handed. It’s just such a habit now I don’t even think about it ...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum