OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Isblomma of Winter - From the World of House of Seasons

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
I recently did a complete overhaul of Isblomma with a new Superduck head and Phicen/TBLeague body.  2nd of the new House of Seasons figures.  Some back story on the House of Seasons as well as Alice of Autumn can be found at https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t755-alice-of-autumn-from-the-world-of-house-of-seasons. (But some of you already know that  Wink )

Isblomma of Winter - From the World of House of Seasons  Isblomma03b_1_orig

The frozen northern lands of Winter remain a bit of an enigma, even to the other great families of the House of Seasons.  It is a warrior culture that greatly prizes strength and martial prowess, often said to be honed by the cold and unforgiving conditions of the north.  Communities are tight knit and the people's aloof stoicism can seem very alienating to outsiders.  And no one exemplifies this more than the royal family of The House of Winter.  Gifted with near bottomless reserves of arcane energies and an affinity for powerful dark magiks, their large curved animal-like horns only add to their already towering height and intimidating presence.  

At the battle of Equinox, Queen Hillevi was said to have stood upon the wall as it rose from the ground, channeling much of the ritual energies that created the Sea of Glass.  As it ripped across the continent, it divided the northern territories, and many were cut off and lost to the blight.  While almost all survivors in the other three kingdoms agree that it was a necessary sacrifice, many people of the north resent the decision and genuinely believe they would have persevered and eventually overcome Barlow's forces with brute strength alone.  King Eerikki himself was on the front lines, far east of the wall when it was erected, and was presumed dead until he returned a week later.  Naked and carrying only his legendary warhammer, he emerged from the wilderness, crossed the sea of glass barefoot, and scaled the wall with his bare hands, before returning home.  To this day he has never once expressed any doubt about his wife's decision on the wall.  

Isblomma is the heir to the House of Winter.  She is inhumanly strong, and while she struggles with control and precision, her massive magik energies make her a supernatural destructive force of nature in sheer power alone.  Monotone and never showing any signs of emotion, she is usually seen as aloofly beautiful and terrifying.  In reality, she is a bit shy, and has no sense at all that she comes across as intimidating.  The friends she makes at Balefire University are in fact the first she's ever had, and she is fairly surprised by how important they have become to her.

Isblomma of Winter - From the World of House of Seasons  Isblomma01b_orig

Isblomma of Winter - From the World of House of Seasons  Isblomma02a_orig

Isblomma of Winter - From the World of House of Seasons  Isblomma04_orig

Isblomma of Winter - From the World of House of Seasons  Isblomma05b_orig

Isblomma of Winter - From the World of House of Seasons  Isblomma06a_orig

Isblomma of Winter - From the World of House of Seasons  Isblomma07b_orig

Isblomma of Winter - From the World of House of Seasons  Isblomma08b_orig

Isblomma of Winter - From the World of House of Seasons  Isblomma09d_orig

Isblomma of Winter - From the World of House of Seasons  Isblomma10_orig

Isblomma of Winter - From the World of House of Seasons  Isblomma11_orig

Isblomma of Winter - From the World of House of Seasons  Isblomma12b_orig

Isblomma of Winter - From the World of House of Seasons  Isblomma13b_orig

Isblomma of Winter - From the World of House of Seasons  Isblomma14_orig

Isblomma of Winter - From the World of House of Seasons  Isblomma15_orig

Isblomma of Winter - From the World of House of Seasons  Isblomma18_orig

Isblomma of Winter - From the World of House of Seasons  Isblomma16b_orig

Isblomma of Winter - From the World of House of Seasons  Isblomma17b_orig

Isblomma of Winter - From the World of House of Seasons  Isblomma19_orig

Isblomma of Winter - From the World of House of Seasons  Isblomma20_orig

Isblomma of Winter - From the World of House of Seasons  Isblomma21_orig

Isblomma of Winter - From the World of House of Seasons  Isblomma22_orig

Isblomma of Winter - From the World of House of Seasons  Isblomma23_orig

Isblomma of Winter - From the World of House of Seasons  Isblomma24_orig

Isblomma of Winter - From the World of House of Seasons  Isblomma25_orig

http://reverendspooky.com

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Great new character. Once again, the look is fantasy, yet not overly fantastical, and is given a sense of complexity and weathering. The props are great. And the horns on the head rather than on the skull mask were a nice surprise.

Ovy

Ovy
I really like the skull combined with the white whispy hair (or skirt) and all the accessories.

She looks much stronger/broader than Alice, is it because the body was combined with a smaller head? Also the head looks more 'realistic', I guess Alice might be another race with other facial features?

Guess she will also look cool (cool, haha) in winter with some snow, maybe ice pieces and some blue light.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Very Cool character and story line, indeed the horns on the HS was a nice surprise.

delusional

delusional
Love it! Creepy but beautiful.

dadrab

dadrab
Damned cool work there, Rev.

You've got one hellacious active imagination...and I must admit to being a bit envious.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
GubernatorFan wrote:Great new character. Once again, the look is fantasy, yet not overly fantastical, and is given a sense of complexity and weathering. The props are great. And the horns on the head rather than on the skull mask were a nice surprise.

Thank you GubernatorFan! I will admit, I was feeling pretty clever with how the mask fits around the horns.  And I'm glad the aesthetic is working.  It will come out as the cast grows, and I get into more group photos, but the House of Seasons world is a weird mix of modern and fantasy elements.  The skyline of Equinox is a mix of fantastic towers with medieval architecture and huge sky scrapers.  Technology and magic developed side by side, and both are fairly common, often intermixed in interesting ways.  They royal families probably have the most classically fantasy designs, since they're most rooted in magic  and old traditions, but I'm glad they still maintain some of those "other" elements to keep if from being too classically fantasy.

Ovy wrote:I really like the skull combined with the white whispy hair (or skirt) and all the accessories.

She looks much stronger/broader than Alice, is it because the body  was combined with a smaller head? Also the head looks more 'realistic', I guess Alice might be another race with other facial features?

Guess she will also look cool (cool, haha) in winter with some snow, maybe ice pieces and some blue light.

Thanks Ovy!  She is actually much taller and more muscular than Alice (and a bunch of other characters you'll be seeing soon).  There are 4 characters I have so far that use the new smaller Phicen bodies, that scale right with the OE heads.  Isblomma uses the newer Phicen S22A body.  It's significantly more defined and muscular, and a ways taller than Alice and the rest.  I wanted to go even taller, but anything I did to extend the legs just looked unnatural and weird. But that difference in physique is a defining trait that I wanted to to be visually apparent.  That head looking too realistic was actually a big concern though.  I had hoped to keep the whole line fairly stylized, but since the Original Effects heads I used for a lot of the other characters are smaller, they just weren't an option for the much taller Isblomma.  I had hoped the Superduck head was stylized enough to not be too jarring a difference, but I'm afraid I might be.

Come winter, I definitely plan to get some good outdoor pics in the snow. But I just couldn't wait to get some photos now and share!

BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Very Cool character and story line, indeed the horns on the HS was a nice surprise.

Thanks Bad Wolf! I love that her horns have gone over well!

delusional wrote:Love it! Creepy but beautiful.

Thank you Delusional! Beautiful and creepy means I nailed what i was going for.  Exactly how she should come across.

dadrab wrote:Damned cool work there, Rev.

You've got one hellacious active imagination...and I must admit to being a bit envious.

Thanks much Dadrab!  I've got all these ideas scrambling to get out, and between the figures and the stories, it's really great for me to have the opportunity to share them.  So it means a lot to me when you guys check them out and enjoy them!

Ephiane

Ephiane
She´s Fantastic ! Love the Character and Poses... but never open a Magic Book that is locked Laughing The Headsculpt is Great, like her nose

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Freaking awesome. Another amazing character and design. Really enjoying the background and history so far.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Isblomma of Winter - From the World of House of Seasons  C8485110

Mr. Razz

Mr. Razz
Great looking character and backstory...I said it on your Autumn thread, this is a great storyline! You have definitely put alot of time and thought into this and it shows! As always, waiting for more!

Allotropos

Allotropos
Great revision Reverend.
The filtered photos just adds to the mood of the theme.
Fantastic addition to the house of seasons and looking forward to seeing more members from you !
Truly refreshing work !

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Ephiane wrote:She´s Fantastic ! Love the Character and Poses... but never open a Magic Book that is locked Laughing The Headsculpt is Great, like her nose

She does have a cute nose, right?  Thanks so much Ephiane!  I take to heart any compliments from you on fantasy figures. And i feel like "never open a Magic Book that is locked" is REALLY good survival advice.  Although in this case, it is a House of Winter family grimoire.  The lock is mainly to keep its secrets (the great families can be vary protective of certain spells), but it really would be be dangerous to most other witches. Activating spells from scrolls or grimoires without either having the magik reserves or the ability to channel it from somewhere is catastrophic, and will devour every last bit of life in them.  Isblomma is one of the few witches alive who is capable of using that book.  

Stryker2011 wrote:Freaking awesome. Another amazing character and design. Really enjoying the background and history so far.

Thank you Stryker!  So glad you're digging it!

Mr. Razz wrote:Great looking character and backstory...I said it on your Autumn thread, this is a great storyline! You have definitely put alot of time and thought into this and it shows! As always, waiting for more!

Thank you Razz!  It's all stuff that's been rattling around in my head for years, and feels good to type it out and share it.  So glad you're enjoying!

Allotropos wrote:Great revision Reverend.
The filtered photos just adds to the mood of the theme.
Fantastic addition to the house of seasons and looking forward to seeing more members from you !
Truly refreshing work !

Thanks much Allotropos!  I'm hoping this is the "final form."  LOL.  I always want to add some atmosphere in after shooting, but have to resist overdoing it and losing the figure's details.  I feel like I'm finally starting to get it right.  I have another 4 characters I'm hoping to have up soon, and so excited to share.  Glad you're enjoying!

MerylAkiba

I got that superduck head sculpt loose and haven't really figured out what to do with it when I got it because it looked too anime with the hair. Your design and style transforms the sculpt to make it more detail. Really amazing work!

ZombieKev

Another stylish piece, Rev! Great job!

PureEnergy

After viewing your other characters and reading the original background stories - and with consideration for the quality of your overarching theme; I can honestly tell you that I am more impressed than ever.  

This is a fantastic figure, easily among my favorites…  

Ever.

You were quite right, I definitely do dig this very much, and I look forward to seeing what else you’ve got in the pipe...  Barlow of the Autumn Worm, perhaps?

Wink

Truly epic in every aspect, Spooks!

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
PureEnergy wrote:After viewing your other characters and reading the original background stories - and with consideration for the quality of your overarching theme; I can honestly tell you that I am more impressed than ever.  

This is a fantastic figure, easily among my favorites…  

Ever.

You were quite right, I definitely do dig this very much, and I look forward to seeing what else you’ve got in the pipe...  Barlow of the Autumn Worm, perhaps?

Wink

Truly epic in every aspect, Spooks!

Ah man, PureEnergy, you are truly too kind.  And I am so genuinely happy that you're enjoying the series! I have so much more planned, and when I get this kind of reaction, it just makes me want to get at it!

And there is most definitely a Barlow figure in the works.  All that I can say, is he's going to be big and nasty.  Can't wait!

MerylAkiba wrote:I got that superduck head sculpt loose and haven't really figured out what to do with it when I got it because it looked too anime with the hair. Your design and style transforms the sculpt to make it more detail. Really amazing work!

I can't believe I missed these comments back in October!  Thanks you MerylAkiba!  I'm so glad you like the direction I took with the Superduck head.  I like the slightly stylized element to them, without going too far in that direction, and I had hoped it'd fit ok with the OE heads on the other characters.  It's funny, Ovy's reaction was that she was too realistic next to the rest of the HoS characters, so I guess it really is subjective.

ZombieKev wrote:Another stylish piece, Rev!  Great job!

Thank you ZombieKev! Really appreciated (and sorry I missed this when you posted)!

PureEnergy

Spooks, you’re very welcome.  But how can I justly accept your compliment when I merely remarked the truth?  

You are too kind - and so, quite in addition to being talented.  

Indeed, motivate...

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Love the horns and how they unexpectedly are revealed to be part of her and not the mask/skull! Great poses too.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
shovelchop81 wrote:Love the horns and how they unexpectedly are revealed to be part of her and not the mask/skull! Great poses too.

Thanks so much Shovelchop! Knew I could count on you to appreciate the fantasy stuff!

blackpool

blackpool
ReverendSpooky wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:Love the horns and how they unexpectedly are revealed to be part of her and not the mask/skull! Great poses too.

Thanks so much Shovelchop!  Knew I could count on you to appreciate the fantasy stuff!

That's my favorite detail about her as well! I recently watched again "inferno" and there is a similar vibe in the plague mask/skull they used in some sequences, even if the theme and poetry around it is very different of course!

Absolutely gorgeous work once again, I told you already I think Laughing

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
blackpool wrote:That's my favorite detail about her as well! I recently watched again "inferno" and there is a similar vibe in the plague mask/skull they used in some sequences, even if the theme and poetry around it is very different of course!

Absolutely gorgeous work once again, I told you already I think Laughing

Well I'd be lying if I said I didn't like hearing it again. Razz

I am so glad that mask went over so well! The horns and the mask were one of the few things I sculpted from scratch and was actually pretty happy with when they were done, so I'm thrilled when I hear you dig them. And now you've sparked my interest in Inferno. It's the Tom Hanks one right? Might have to give it a watch.

blackpool

blackpool
The movie is not that great compared to the novel sadly, I much more prefered the two previous movies personallY. Still it's all built around Dante's inferno, there are some fantasy sequences showing some plague doctors roaming in bloody version of Venice or Firenze, they wear those medieval plague masks that look like a bird skull with a very long beak and wide dark eyes... Quite a similar visual (except for the horns)

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
blackpool wrote:The movie is not that great compared to the novel sadly, I much more prefered the two previous movies personallY. Still it's all built around Dante's inferno, there are some fantasy sequences showing some plague doctors roaming in bloody version of Venice or Firenze, they wear those medieval plague masks that look like a bird skull with a very long beak and wide dark eyes... Quite a similar visual (except for the horns)

I absolutely love those plague doctor masks, and have long been thinking about making a 1/6 post apocalyptic gas-mask version of one for a Radio Kings figure, as well as meaning to pick up a nice life-size one for myself one of these days. You know, for around the house. Those kinda hallucinatory scenes in the trailer looks absolutely amazing and eerie, and I may see the movie for those alone.

Peaches

Peaches
Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with this game, however even I can see this is amazing! Love your whole scene and the figure is amazing with and without her mask!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Peaches wrote:Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with this game, however even I can see this is amazing!  Love your whole scene and the figure is amazing with and without her mask!

Not a game. This is all ReverendSpooky and his incredible imagination.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Isblomma of Winter - From the World of House of Seasons  C8485110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum