OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Latest Purchase...

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 25 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 50]

1collection - Your Latest Purchase... Empty Your Latest Purchase... Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:24 pm

highwayman57

highwayman57
I thought I'd start a thread like the one over on OSW, which happens to be one of my favorite threads on the site.

Well, I've been spending a bit of money: I bought The Spider figure from Go Hero/Executive Replicas/Phicen: the Star Ace Katniss Everdeen figure from THE HUNGER GAMES (a gift for my daughter); and the 1966 Batman & Robin set from Hot Toys (warehouse find; paid $399.99 plus shipping for the set).

Have any of you purchased anything 1:6 related lately?

David

#collection #discussion

2collection - Your Latest Purchase... Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:59 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Loose Majestic Crusader HS, and a loose Silver Huntress HS and body from Monkey Depot.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

collection - Your Latest Purchase... C8485110

3collection - Your Latest Purchase... Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:33 pm

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
INCOMING tomorrow.

Six (6) of her

Yes.

SIX (6) of her.

It was cheaper to buy a case.

You might say I'm on a 1:6 crusade.

Wink Razz

collection - Your Latest Purchase... Pl201710

4collection - Your Latest Purchase... Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:43 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Six?! Okay, Chung. When are we going to see your collection? Do you have some on display? Or are they all in your storage space? Come on! Your collection has to be massive, and impressive. Please, please, please! Show your stuff.

5collection - Your Latest Purchase... Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:56 pm

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
Stryker2011 wrote:Six?! Okay, Chung. When are we going to see your collection? Do you have some on display? Or are they all in your storage space? Come on! Your collection has to be massive, and impressive. Please, please, please! Show your stuff.

--

Both.

If I post uncensored pics of my storage, I guarantee there will be high emotions, angst, shock, crying, butt hurt, panties dropping, etc.

In other words, it'll be like a New England Patriots game where they should have won, but didn't.

6collection - Your Latest Purchase... Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:49 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
If DFC wanted to show a comprehensive view of his collection, unless he shows us promotional images, it would all be stacks of boxes. Wink And if he shows us uncensored images, he's going to drive me to the utterly unwelcome prospect of having to censor them. When he did show the long line up of lovely assistants, I noticed they were all with jointed bodies. So I asked myself, does he stay away from seamless bodies, or are those in a state of undress unfit to be shown. I decided not to tempt faith by asking...

Thanks to DFC sharing that wonderful Star Trek sixth-scale photo story, I have just ordered QMX's Spock and Nemoy, to go with my Kirk and Picard. I blame (and credit) him for it.

7collection - Your Latest Purchase... Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:36 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
My ADD Toys Yukio "Wolf Seeker" arrived yesterday, and is actually way nicer than I was expecting along with Very Cool's Villa (I got tired of looking for that head loose). Just ordered yesterday the CGL Toys Professor X, because my X-men need a Professor X and Patrick Stewart was born to play that role, and the Asmus LOTR Samwise, who is quickly going to undergo some changes to become a denizen of my post apocalyptic world.

And I'd also like a look at DFC's storehouse of wonders.

8collection - Your Latest Purchase... Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:39 pm

highwayman57

highwayman57
I've been buying again...

I bought the QMx Kirk, Spock, and McCoy figures, as well as the Captain's Chair.

David

9collection - Your Latest Purchase... Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:56 pm

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
ReverendSpooky wrote:My ADD Toys Yukio "Wolf Seeker" arrived yesterday, and is actually way nicer than I was expecting along with Very Cool's Villa (I got tired of looking for that head loose).  Just ordered yesterday the CGL Toys Professor X, because my X-men need a Professor X and Patrick Stewart was born to play that role, and the Asmus LOTR Samwise, who is quickly going to undergo some changes to become a denizen of my post apocalyptic world.

--

Did your Yukio come with underwear or without?

10collection - Your Latest Purchase... Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:04 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
highwayman57 wrote:I've been buying again...

I bought the QMx Kirk, Spock, and McCoy figures, as well as the Captain's Chair.

David

Those are pretty awesome, aren’t they. I’m gonna be bummed if we don’t get the rest of the crew.

11collection - Your Latest Purchase... Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:03 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Arkham Asylum Joker and Majestc Crusader are on their way. Unlike Chung, however, I only got one MC. Embarassed

12collection - Your Latest Purchase... Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:24 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Don't feel bad, Stryker, I got 0. Considered getting the helmet loose, but I think I passed on that too. Smile

13collection - Your Latest Purchase... Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:23 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Two of my newest acquisition are Vampirella SHCC Exclusive last week and Athena last Monday but unfortunately only one each.
(which leaves more money for my Wonder Woman memorabilia)

14collection - Your Latest Purchase... Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:22 am

MarkEl

My latest is an oldie: Phicen Steve Reeves Hercules complète set. Spent almost 12 months looking . Patience, patience, patience. On buying hiatus now. We’ll see how long that lasts.

15collection - Your Latest Purchase... Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:22 am

blackpool

blackpool
I just grabbed a "carol" set from walking dead, head + outfit combo by cat toys, happily surprised by the quality Smile

16collection - Your Latest Purchase... Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:39 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
DeltaForceChung wrote:
ReverendSpooky wrote:My ADD Toys Yukio "Wolf Seeker" arrived yesterday, and is actually way nicer than I was expecting along with Very Cool's Villa (I got tired of looking for that head loose).  Just ordered yesterday the CGL Toys Professor X, because my X-men need a Professor X and Patrick Stewart was born to play that role, and the Asmus LOTR Samwise, who is quickly going to undergo some changes to become a denizen of my post apocalyptic world.

--

No underwear! It was originally listed when they solicited the figure right? I'm not imagining it?

Everything else more than makes up for it though. The tailoring on the clothes is excellent, materials are nice, the sword is beautiful, and they used a really fine material on the hair, more so than I'm used to seeing, so it actually moves and lays great. I'm actually hoping someone puts up the head loose, as I'm pretty fond of Rila Fukushima, and it's a great likeness. Would love to have for other projects.

http://reverendspooky.com

17collection - Your Latest Purchase... Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:40 pm

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
ReverendSpooky wrote:
DeltaForceChung wrote:

--

No underwear! It was originally listed when they solicited the figure right? I'm not imagining it?

Everything else more than makes up for it though.  The tailoring on the clothes is excellent, materials are nice, the sword is beautiful, and they used a really fine material on the hair, more so than I'm used to seeing, so it actually moves and lays great.  I'm actually hoping someone puts up the head loose, as I'm pretty fond of Rila Fukushima, and it's a great likeness.  Would love to have for other projects.

--

Yes.

The underwear was listed, but thus far everyone I know of who got the figure verified no underwear.

It's OK.

I'm prepared and hopefully my Yukio will be comfortable (i.e. no wedgie, no panty line, no chafing, etc.) wearing this. Even 1:6 female figures need/want comfortable underwear. Granted, I purchased A LOT of these from way back during "better times" with the vendor who created and sold them.

collection - Your Latest Purchase... 1191-210

18collection - Your Latest Purchase... Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:46 pm

Kukolka

Kukolka
Oh my, that Majestic Crusader armour!~ I love you

My latest purchase is wood chairs and end tables for the guild hall. Maybe reusable for two guild halls by changing banners and other décor.

And he arrived last week.  :}
collection - Your Latest Purchase... 39569291750_46a3c8754c
Portrait: Soldier Story Special Duties Unit Assault Leader by Kukolka, on Flickr

https://kukolkacreates.wordpress.com/blog/

19collection - Your Latest Purchase... Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:36 am

highwayman57

highwayman57
Just won an eBay auction for a used Medicom Rocketeer version 2; I already have one MIB in one of my storage units!

David

20collection - Your Latest Purchase... Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:10 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
DeltaForceChung wrote:
ReverendSpooky wrote:
DeltaForceChung wrote:

--

Everything else more than makes up for it though.  The tailoring on the clothes is excellent, materials are nice, the sword is beautiful, and they used a really fine material on the hair, more so than I'm used to seeing, so it actually moves and lays great.  I'm actually hoping someone puts up the head loose, as I'm pretty fond of Rila Fukushima, and it's a great likeness.  Would love to have for other projects.

--

Yes.

The underwear was listed, but thus far everyone I know of who got the figure verified no underwear.

It's OK.

I'm prepared and hopefully my Yukio will be comfortable (i.e. no wedgie, no panty line, no chafing, etc.) wearing this.  Even 1:6 female figures need/want comfortable underwear.  Granted, I purchased A LOT of these from way back during "better times" with the vendor who created and sold them.

collection - Your Latest Purchase... 1191-210

At the risk out outing myself as the 1/6 scale underwear pervert that I am (no really, I'm just obsessively detail oriented, I swear!) the 1/6 underwear struggle is real.  I've actually put some time into looking for a steady supply of 1/6 underwear, and I'll admit my criteria can be a bit stringent.  I generally assume I should put come underwear on most of the custom figures I do, especially if there's anything like a skirt or dress involved.  It also helps protect phicen bodies against potential staining from other fabrics.  So I look for something thin, enough to look natural at that scale, edges that are finished cleanly, without adding bulk.  Usually something simple, black or white.  Nothing too kinky or lingerie-ish.  And reasonably priced.  It's a detail that's mostly not even seen, so I don't want to spend a ton on it, but it's something I need for most figures I do, so I'd like to find a renewable resource for it that won't add an unreasonable amount of money to every build I do.  I've tried sewing them myself a few times, but I'm never really happy with the results, and I think it's one of those cases where my skills just can't rise to factory produced quality.

I recently bought 1 of just about every decent looking pair I could find on AliExpress, and all but 2 options failed to live up to these standards.  $7 each is the best price I could find for something I'm happy with, which is more than I want to spend, but that's apparently the price you pay to be a perfectionist.

So there you have it.  Reassurances that Yukio will in fact have overpriced underwear, my admitted underwear obsession, and my latest 1/6 purchase, all in 1 post.

http://reverendspooky.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 50]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 25 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum