OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: ACE: Playgirl Series 13034 U.S. Vietnam War "Peace Company"

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Product Details:
Head sculpt
Female body
Bare hands
M1 helmet
Mitchell pattern helmet cover
Half-sleeve knot tie crop blouses
OG 107 pants (2nd pattern)
USMC M1955 flack vest (2nd pattern)
Patches
Montagnard trouser weave belt
US Spike Protective Jungle Boots 3rd pattern DMS Spike Sole
M1956 individual equipment belt (Female length)
Jungle first aid pouch
1 quart canteens x 2
M1956 1 quart canteen covers x 2
M79 Bandolier
3 round plastic spacers x 2
Pistol magazines pouch
Pistol holster
M1911A1 pistol
M79 40mm grenade launcher
Ka-bar combat knife w/ sheath
M18 smoke grenade red
M18 smoke grenade violet
M26 grenades x 2
40mm grenade x 6 pcs
GI watch
Peace symbol badge

ACE - NEW PRODUCT: ACE: Playgirl Series 13034 U.S. Vietnam War "Peace Company" 13034011
ACE - NEW PRODUCT: ACE: Playgirl Series 13034 U.S. Vietnam War "Peace Company" 13034013
ACE - NEW PRODUCT: ACE: Playgirl Series 13034 U.S. Vietnam War "Peace Company" 13034012
ACE - NEW PRODUCT: ACE: Playgirl Series 13034 U.S. Vietnam War "Peace Company" 13034014
ACE - NEW PRODUCT: ACE: Playgirl Series 13034 U.S. Vietnam War "Peace Company" 13034015
ACE - NEW PRODUCT: ACE: Playgirl Series 13034 U.S. Vietnam War "Peace Company" 13034016
ACE - NEW PRODUCT: ACE: Playgirl Series 13034 U.S. Vietnam War "Peace Company" 13034017
ACE - NEW PRODUCT: ACE: Playgirl Series 13034 U.S. Vietnam War "Peace Company" 13034018
ACE - NEW PRODUCT: ACE: Playgirl Series 13034 U.S. Vietnam War "Peace Company" 13034019
ACE - NEW PRODUCT: ACE: Playgirl Series 13034 U.S. Vietnam War "Peace Company" 13034110
ACE - NEW PRODUCT: ACE: Playgirl Series 13034 U.S. Vietnam War "Peace Company" 13034111
ACE - NEW PRODUCT: ACE: Playgirl Series 13034 U.S. Vietnam War "Peace Company" 13034112

#newproduct #ACE #PlaygirlSeries #VietnamWar #PeaceCompany #female #military #fantasy

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Another one? Very nice set, even if effectively fantasy. Since she follows on the blonde, I can't help but think of Three's Company, which of course has nothing to do with this.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
If they do a third one, it’ll be more like Charlie’s Angels, the ‘Nam Years.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

ACE - NEW PRODUCT: ACE: Playgirl Series 13034 U.S. Vietnam War "Peace Company" C8485110

PitViper

PitViper
I do like the HS, it has a bit of a "thousand-yard stare" going on. Good for modern military & PMC bashes.

Even though this is all fantasy as mentioned by the esteemed GubernatorFan, I'm sure fans of the Vietnam era will find the uniform and flak jacket useful maybe for a nurse bash a la China Beach. Weapons and gear are also great bash fodder.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
She reminds me of Lynda Carter. The helmet might be a decent size for male figures as some of the others I've seen for them look somewhat oversized.

CHEERS!

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
Damnit. I was looking at the first few photos wearing the flak jacket, thinking....wow....remove the jpeace symbols and could make a gi nurse but then came the rest of the photos with the usual tarty look.

https://www.hellblazerbiz.com

Skippy

Long time no visit, but since the Peace Company girl arrived today I thought I'd drop in.

According to the name tag, which I didn't apply, her name is Jenny.

She's another stern face, and the clothes and equipment are just as detailed and seemingly as historically accurate as the earlier figure. A little easier to assemble than the first one, but those fully functioning ALICE clips can be a devil to fasten.

It's still annoying that neither of them had complete shirts. I made the first more decent with a Dragon T-shirt. The new one has a flak vest with a functioning zip, so there's only a little bit of bare midriff on show.

The bandolier pockets contain six 40 mm grenades for her M79 launcher. They even included two triple 'egg cartons' to hold them, like these real 1:1 versions:

ACE - NEW PRODUCT: ACE: Playgirl Series 13034 U.S. Vietnam War "Peace Company" Index

However, the bandolier flaps don't close very well when using the holders, so I left them out.

They included the various patches on a sheet, but I didn't use any of them. In the same bag was the tiny three dimensional plastic CND badge that I put on her vest. It's pre-glued so all you have to do it peel the back off.

As with the Play Company she comes with two water bottles with holders and a medical pouch. The pouch by her left arm is a double magazine holder for the M1911A1 pistol, but it's empty. The magazine doesn't appear to be removable from the pistol, but the slide functions revealing a round inside.

ACE - NEW PRODUCT: ACE: Playgirl Series 13034 U.S. Vietnam War "Peace Company" 48145432816_2b3543c5b9_o

ACE - NEW PRODUCT: ACE: Playgirl Series 13034 U.S. Vietnam War "Peace Company" 48145135856_3cdacfdd22_o

ACE - NEW PRODUCT: ACE: Playgirl Series 13034 U.S. Vietnam War "Peace Company" 48145171066_fbb4a6a881_o

ACE - NEW PRODUCT: ACE: Playgirl Series 13034 U.S. Vietnam War "Peace Company" 48145260882_89057f6350_o

The quality of the parts and their authenticity to the intended era is at odds with the revealing semi-shirts, not to mention that these are women equipped for combat in that conflict. In my mind they're one of two things:

1) Colonial Marine types at war with Xenomorphs along with the rest of my combat girls

2) US Army Nurse Corps in Vietnam who've armed themselves in a last ditch attempt to prevent capture

ACE - NEW PRODUCT: ACE: Playgirl Series 13034 U.S. Vietnam War "Peace Company" F253289fa1490b1adfda5af8fcd2e3a0

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you for dropping by and posting, Asta. Nice to get this inside look into how the figure and its accessories work. Looks like a great set, although in this case I managed to hold out for just the head sculpt. I think I speak for everyone when I say that we wish you would visit, post, or at least comment, more. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Welcome back, Asta, nice to see you here again. Thanks for the photo review of the new Playgirl figure. She looks pretty great -- I'm really digging these more stern head sculpts -- and I like the fact that they don't really remind me of any actresses or models I've seen.

ACE - NEW PRODUCT: ACE: Playgirl Series 13034 U.S. Vietnam War "Peace Company" C8485110

Skippy

GubernatorFan wrote:Thank you for dropping by and posting, Asta. Nice to get this inside look into how the figure and its accessories work. Looks like a great set, although in this case I managed to hold out for just the head sculpt. I think I speak for everyone when I say that we wish you would visit, post, or at least comment, more. Smile

Thanks, GF. Smile

I've been breaking myself back into forum posting recently.

Stryker2011 wrote:Welcome back, Asta, nice to see you here again. Thanks for the photo review of the new Playgirl figure. She looks pretty great -- I'm really digging these more stern head sculpts -- and I like the fact that they don't really remind me of any actresses or models I've seen.

Thanks, Stryker. Smile

I'm loving these expressive sculpts too. They look like they mean business. The blue eyes on the first figure are stunning.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Asta wrote:

Thanks, Stryker. Smile

I'm loving these expressive sculpts too. They look like they mean business. The blue eyes on the first figure are stunning.

She's got a death stare that's for sure. Very intense.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I don't know about death stare, but she sure has me mesmerized and in love. If I didn't keep her in the box, I'd be distracted all day. Smile

Skippy

GubernatorFan wrote:I don't know about death stare, but she sure has me mesmerized and in love. If I didn't keep her in the box, I'd be distracted all day. Smile

Laughing

Incidentally, since I realised Peace Company was named Jenny I opened the Play Company box to read her name tag: Acelynn.

(You can actually make out the names in the promo images).

Wondering if Acelynn was an actual name I Googled it, and found this page:

https://www.babynames.com/name/acelynn

Acelynn

Origin: American
Meaning: Beautiful One

So, no wonder she's mesmerising!

Stryker2011 wrote:If they do a third one, it’ll be more like Charlie’s Angels, the ‘Nam Years.

I hope they do more. A black girl would be different, as there don't seem to be many of them in 1/6. I recently turned a Doctor Who Martha into Alice Monaghan from the new Hellboy film, since she bore somewhat of a likeness to Sasha Lane.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Asta wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:I don't know about death stare, but she sure has me mesmerized and in love. If I didn't keep her in the box, I'd be distracted all day. Smile

Laughing

Incidentally, since I realised Peace Company was named Jenny I opened the Play Company box to read her name tag: Acelynn.

(You can actually make out the names in the promo images).

Wondering if Acelynn was an actual name I Googled it, and found this page:

https://www.babynames.com/name/acelynn

Acelynn

So, no wonder she's mesmerising!

Stryker2011 wrote:If they do a third one, it’ll be more like Charlie’s Angels, the ‘Nam Years.

I hope they do more. A black girl would be different, as there don't seem to be many of them in 1/6. I recently turned a Doctor Who Martha into Alice Monaghan from the new Hellboy film, since she bore somewhat of a likeness to Sasha Lane.

I had to IMDB that actress as I didn’t see the new Hellboy. I can see what you mean about the Martha figure likeness. I’d be interested to see your figure.

Skippy

Stryker2011 wrote:I had to IMDB that actress as I didn’t see the new Hellboy. I can see what you mean about the Martha figure likeness. I’d be interested to see your figure.

I knew her from American Honey, which was her film debut. According to IMDB the director, Andrea Arnold, spotted Lane sunbathing on a beach while on spring break. Lane said in an interview that she "felt Arnold's vibe and decided to trust Arnold for an audition."

While Sasha Lane and Freema Agyeman don't look too much alike, I think the Character Options Martha does bear more resemblance, especially with the mouth. She also has the right sort of hair, albeit pushed up in a different style. She also happened to have rings on her finger.

I had the Martha figure laying around for years. It's not great quality, but she always seemed too good to get rid of. When I was putting Alice together I was making use of spare parts I already had, just to create an approximation of the character to eventually stand alongside the HT Harbour Hellboy.

She has the SW Ourworld Lara Croft 2.0 jacket, vest and boots, and TS Toys' Rowdy jeans. I couldn't find reference to what she was wearing on her feet so made a stab with the boots.

ACE - NEW PRODUCT: ACE: Playgirl Series 13034 U.S. Vietnam War "Peace Company" 48149585867_ecea8758c5_c

Then the Hellboy - The Art of the Motion Picture book came out and there's a great photo of Alice, which shows that everything is wrong with the figure. lol

ACE - NEW PRODUCT: ACE: Playgirl Series 13034 U.S. Vietnam War "Peace Company" 48150276427_95bedb88ae_h

The Liz Sherman gradually evolved as a mix of comic book and movie. At her base is the original VeryCool Black Shooter girl (body, trousers, boots). Then TS Toys' Rowdy sculpt, T-shirt and jacket; Sideshow Hellboy belt, and the flaming cigarette from Mezco's Liz Sherman

ACE - NEW PRODUCT: ACE: Playgirl Series 13034 U.S. Vietnam War "Peace Company" 48149585802_92c5cb5f35_c

ACE - NEW PRODUCT: ACE: Playgirl Series 13034 U.S. Vietnam War "Peace Company" 48149585777_f8d654c50a_c

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cool Hellboy figures. I think for not having the art book, you did a pretty good job capturing the "vibe" of the character. Pretty cool. Did you see the new Hellboy? It got torn to shreds in reviews, so I hesitated on seeing it.

Skippy

Stryker2011 wrote:Cool Hellboy figures. I think for not having the art book, you did a pretty good job capturing the "vibe" of the character. Pretty cool.

Thanks.

It was always going to be an approximation as I was using up the spare bits I had. Even with figures made from a specific film I think of them in non-movie settings once they're displayed. So it's Alice on another day. lol

(In the comics she was an Irish, pale skinned redhead).

Stryker2011 wrote:Did you see the new Hellboy? It got torn to shreds in reviews, so I hesitated on seeing it.

I've only seen the dodgy copy that went around. I don't think it was as bad as people say, but there are probably too many story elements crammed into it.

The Art book is really good.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Asta wrote:Incidentally, since I realised Peace Company was named Jenny I opened the Play Company box to read her name tag: Acelynn. (You can actually make out the names in the promo images).
Wondering if Acelynn was an actual name I Googled it, and found this:
Acelynn

Interesting find! But I am almost willing to bet that since this is ACE, it is ACE + Lynn, which is a far more common name, especially for blonde women in my experience.

Awesome Hellboy figures, and you did a very good job with Sasha Lane -- at least as a figure in itself it looks great. Nice solution to the neck problem, too, from what I saw.

Skippy

GubernatorFan wrote:Interesting find! But I am almost willing to bet that since this is ACE, it is ACE + Lynn, which is a far more common name, especially for blonde women in my experience.

You can just make out the names here in the promo images:

ACE - NEW PRODUCT: ACE: Playgirl Series 13034 U.S. Vietnam War "Peace Company" Ace_pl13

ACE - NEW PRODUCT: ACE: Playgirl Series 13034 U.S. Vietnam War "Peace Company" Ace_pl14

GubernatorFan wrote:Awesome Hellboy figures, and you did a very good job with Sasha Lane -- at least as a figure in itself it looks great. Nice solution to the neck problem, too, from what I saw.

Thanks.

It's the original Character Options head and body. The neck is integral to the head, which is something you don't really see now on higher end sixth scale females, but the join is pretty neat.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum