OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Headsculpts and sizes

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Headsculpts and sizes Empty Headsculpts and sizes Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:15 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Hi Friends,
i have a problem with all the Headsculpts. For my short figures i need short ones, for the tall bodys i need big ones. Otherwise, a big figure with a short Head looks not realistic. Here are some Friends who have many Headsculpts. I think it will be Great to see some sculpts side by side in a picture, so we can see the difference ?

2Headsculpts and sizes Empty Re: Headsculpts and sizes Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:49 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Good idea. Everyone, go! Smile

I think someone (edwick?) had begun a database of (female?) heads, although it was mostly about color matching -- on the old forum.

Ephiane, in the short term, it might be helpful if you give us some more information as to what you are looking for in particular -- e.g., male or female, and which bodies you are talking about.

I do have a "database" of male heads I keep for reference (to help me locate them or to make sure I don't buy more than one), photographed on identical torso bases (you can see both of them in the photo below, although one of them is mostly covered up by the ripped t-shirt), but they are far too many to upload even in sets.

Headsculpts and sizes Hmart015

There's also this, for a recent thread about fitting heads on the most petite new TBLeague body (the question was only about proportion, not color match). The actual thread is HERE.

Headsculpts and sizes Headsf10

Hope this helps.

3Headsculpts and sizes Empty Re: Headsculpts and sizes Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:03 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I don't have much experience with matching heads onto seamless bodies (yet), so I cannot advise about what works best with those in particular. But when I was using some taller COOmodel (male) bodies, for instance, I had tried the more realistic Hot Toys style heads at first, but they were too small for the body and looked strange. But when I tried the bodies with a Sideshow (or Sideshow-'style') resin sculpt, they looked a bit better. Now, I don't always go for 100% realism, as I am sometimes creating figures based on animated characters, or animated versions of characters, but I do nonetheless still prefer the heads to be relatively to-scale, where possible. The older style of Sideshow heads are oft-mocked for being 'melonheads' (and for often bearing less than desirable paint jobs), *but* in certain circumstances, they do have their uses. ; )  Also, I realize that not everyone likes to use resin headsculpts, but thought I'd mention just in case. : )

When it comes to matching female headsculpts with bodies (whether jointed or seamless)....I am still agonizing over this figuring this out myself, lol. ;p

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum