OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 30]

tankgirlfuzzy

Love it! Your builds and threads are always so epic Shovelchop!! Great job!

shovelchop81

Stryker2011 wrote:Whoah! Very cool looking. That turned out great.

Thank you Stryker!

Rogerbee wrote:Yeah, you're on a roll!

CHEERS!

I hope so, got enough builds still to do! Laughing

GubernatorFan wrote:Congratulations on finishing another part of the project. And I agree the tree/dead bush looks great and very promising.

Thanks GF! Still not 100% sure what I'm doing with the tree, I'll spray it with some acrylic clear to protect it then either use the bottom part of it with the previously shown dio as the vines with TH Wraith and the top half with the LOTR Wraith or use it as one piece to recreate the Hobbits hiding from the LOTR Wraith.....options... Or build a Headless Horseman from Sleepy Hollow! Wink

tankgirlfuzzy wrote:Love it! Your builds and threads are always so epic Shovelchop!! Great job!

Thank you very much TGF! I love your LOTR work, it's always so well finished!! I still need to practice leather-craft skills! I've got a custom Arwyn to do later but I'll be cheating using Asmus armour Embarassed the biggest pain is her sword, I was hoping to get hold of a 1/6 WW double horse head hilted sword but they only seem to be making the double dragon God Killer versions.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
It's great you keep yourself occupied. I'm resorting to gaming to keep me going till I move. I was a diehard PS2 owner for several years!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:It's great you keep yourself occupied. I'm resorting to gaming to keep me going till I move. I was a diehard PS2 owner for several years!

CHEERS!

I'm terrible at video games! Always have been, just mash buttons and get frustrated Wink .
I'll be taking proper pics of the Reaper Wraith later.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Started work on the Ronin Wraith as I'm calling him, yes I know Ronin warriors were essentially masterless mercenaries but it just sounds better than Samurai Wraith even though the Wraith most certainly have a master!pirat   Undid all the complex knots to remove the armour from the original custom figure (these are full metal and real cord armour, not that plastic armour with moulded cord they are putting out on many figures), removed all the red felt then the ink with sandpaper. Touched it up with silver, I'll bathe it in black ink then go over it drybrushing mail silver and see how it looks as I don't want paint build up on the cords. I need to make is black hakama from a pair of 1/4 scale trousers and his haori too. The kabuto will be using the Noland Predator one as a base adding fukigaeshi and kuwagata shaped like the vertical eye of Sauron with a demonic menpo. I'm thinking he'll have a pair of tashi and a naginata or yari as weapons. I'll be adding detail to the do (breastplate) as well.

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 3 Pic_jpn_armour01

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 3 AX26WqA

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 3 DHFH8om

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 3 Hg8aFbW

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 3 EQjAmS9

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
This should be another amazing build. Your off to a good start.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 3 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I second Stryker. What did the original custom figure do to deserve this sort of treatment? Smile

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Ronin, Ronin, Ronin, keep those wraithies Ronin.....

The game is afoot!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:This should be another amazing build. Your off to a good start.

Cheers! I'm just lucky to have the parts I need!

GubernatorFan wrote:I second Stryker. What did the original custom figure do to deserve this sort of treatment? Smile

Never liked him or the build really, it was sort of an idea after watching the 2nd Wolverine movie I think, or maybe it was before can't remember but he never fitted in with any of my displays including my large samurai display...he just looked naff! Laughing

Rogerbee wrote:Ronin, Ronin, Ronin, keep those wraithies Ronin.....

The game is afoot!

CHEERS!

Very Happy

dadrab

dadrab
Dude, he looks killer (literally).

Damn fine work.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
dadrab wrote:Dude, he looks killer (literally).

Damn fine work.

Cheers dadrab! I know your avatar but can't place it, is it from a band?

dadrab

dadrab
shovelchop81 wrote:

Damn fine work.

It is. That symbol has appeared on every single Blue Oyster Cult album somewhere. Most of the time, it's pretty easy to find, but not always. It's the creation of the artist who drew their premier album cover, but closely resembles the Egyptian hieroglyph for lead.

I've always liked it and will "procure" it for use from time to time.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
dadrab wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:

Damn fine work.

It is. That symbol has appeared on every single Blue Oyster Cult album somewhere. Most of the time, it's pretty easy to find, but not always. It's the creation of the artist who drew their premier album cover, but closely resembles the Egyptian hieroglyph for lead.

I've always liked it and will "procure" it for use from time to time.

Aha! Nice facts to know, thanks!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
How appropriate the two of you discussing Blue Oyster Cult, when your avatar, shovelchop, is something of a "Reaper"... Wink

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 3 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:How appropriate the two of you discussing Blue Oyster Cult, when your avatar, shovelchop, is something of a "Reaper"... Wink

Too true! Laughing Talking of Reapers, just finished the photoshoot of my Reaper Wraith battling Gandalf (he was unconscious in this scene but I don't have an Elrond, I should make one...) but he's on the White Council. I'm uploading them now to imgur.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Reminds me of the symbol the Iron Maiden artist Derek Riggs would use as his signature. Looking forward to seeing the Gandalf dio.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Reminds me of the symbol the Iron Maiden artist Derek Riggs would use as his signature. Looking forward to seeing the Gandalf dio.

CHEERS!

That must be it, always been a die-hard Iron Maiden fan and grew up copying Derek Riggs' cover art! Cool

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Took me years to realise what that symbol actually was. Maiden covers were best on vinyl, especially Somewhere In Time, packed with little Maiden easter eggs just waiting to be discovered.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Done paint mostly, touching up the 'chrome' silver then drenching it all in black ink, drying now but will do the mail silver drybrushing later. Livened up the chest plate a lot with two random bits for decoration (one came from a small Narnia minotaur figure Wink ). As you can or rather can't see he's swimming in those 1/4 scale trousers! Laughing Obviously some tailoring to be done there but need the wide trouser legs for the pleated Hakama look. Just started faffing with the kabuto and menpo but nothing special done yet.

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 3 WGvRONp

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 3 R6UlCYL

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 3 Yp952vj

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 3 Ku2AcfE

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 3 AhX1V2c

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 3 CNqny1s

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 3 HB9ukel

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 3 PzLJskw

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Going well, slight touch of MC Hammer though.

STOP! Shovel time!

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looking good so far. Once you have all nine, this is going to be epic.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Going well, slight touch of MC Hammer though.

STOP! Shovel time!

CHEERS!

You bastard.. got that bloody awful song in my head now!! Wink I won't be adding giant shoulder pads on top of the armour though! Or a square flat topped helmet!

Stryker2011 wrote:Looking good so far. Once you have all nine, this is going to be epic.

Nearly there, got that giant Sauron to build as well though...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 30]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum