OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 30  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 30]

shovelchop81

GubernatorFan wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:Gremlin? I was going for demon! Wink

I am sure it will look like a full-blown demon by the time you are done with it! Wink

Well as long as he looks evil and can pass for a Middle Earth character I'm all good! Well about the build that is, personally still feeling rough as hell, I blame the change in weather! New bugs always get me when the temperature changes...stupid crappy immune system.. Been gently going through scavenged armour parts looking for bits that give a continuity to the armour as detail accents that take it just far enough away from Japanese to allow him a non generic look if that makes sense? I want a samurai inspired wraith not just a samurai painted like a wraith, tricky balance to get to work.
Cut out his crest/kuwagata in the shape of The Eye Of Sauron, I'm reinforcing it with wire at the back that will help with posing it too. May add horns if they're not OTT, need to spray it all black then perhaps make up my mind on that one.

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 5 NrvoTDl

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 5 9mIg0YP

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 5 NJI4iFp

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 5 JQ5oE1Q

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 5 M9tO3JE

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I love the idea of the Eye of Sauron (which by the way means lizard or lizard-y) crest, although at this point I am wondering if it would not be way over the top (literally) and setting him too much apart from the other wraiths. But then again, you are basing this on more than just the LOTR movies. Besides, your creations end up being works of art, and I look forward to the final result.
I hope you feel better soon.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Awesome idea, the Eye. This should be impressive when done.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 5 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:I love the idea of the Eye of Sauron (which by the way means lizard or lizard-y) crest, although at this point I am wondering if it would not be way over the top (literally) and setting him too much apart from the other wraiths. But then again, you are basing this on more than just the LOTR movies. Besides, your creations end up being works of art, and I look forward to the final result.
I hope you feel better soon.

Yup, hence the word saurus being used to name many dinosaurs (including that name! Laughing ) before they realized most of them were actually birds! Rolling Eyes  Hadn't actually connected it with Sauron though, guess I was always thinking of Sorcerer or something like that, good catch! As far as the crest goes they were actually that big in the Japanese middle ages, basically acting as a lord's personal banner to say to his shogun "Hey look at me being so brave and fighting for you here! Look it's me!" of course it also said to any personal rival "Hey it's me, come kill me!". Here though it would be more akin to a crusader's large red cross saying "This is my lord and who I fight for". I think it will blend in well with the other Wraith, you have to remember the last one had a far more subtle helmet/mask than most of the other Wraith I've made with giant horns, plumes, crests, spikes etc.. If it turns out to be too big I'll just make a smaller one! Wink

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Awesome idea, the Eye. This should be impressive when done.

Thanks Stryker! I hope not to disappoint.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Completely agree on the Japanese crest. Just thought it might be too big of a departure from what we saw in the movies -- although there was a distinction between the "regular" wraith outfit and the battle gear (at least for the leader of the Nazgul). But again, you have other sources of inspiration, including your own imagination and creativity, so don't pay attention to my unimaginative wondering and ramblings. I am sure it will look glorious and as I said look forward to see what you do with it.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Completely agree on the Japanese crest. Just thought it might be too big of a departure from what we saw in the movies -- although there was a distinction between the "regular" wraith outfit and the battle gear (at least for the leader of the Nazgul). But again, you have other sources of inspiration, including your own imagination and creativity, so don't pay attention to my unimaginative wondering and ramblings. I am sure it will look glorious and as I said look forward to see what you do with it.

Laughing Okay! Thumb Up! (where's an icon for that?)

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Still feeling rough but at least the weather's cooled down. Painted parts black so ready for silver. There's a 1/6 DID samurai crest there for comparison. I mentioned in my original WIP thread that my Wraiths seem to take on an insectile look to them which I really like, much akin to the Transformers Insecticons I guess. The Greco-Roman looks like a locust, the Easterling like a beetle, the Haradrim like a scorpion, the Rohirrim like a tarantula, the Executioner another beetle, the Reaper a praying mantis and this Ronin one is starting to look like a wasp, especially Waspinator from Transformers Animated!

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 5 Weyvqog

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 5 Zj79ShA

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 5 HpqLE09

No neck yet!

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 5 H5EO5Yy

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 5 XIvPB0z

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 5 TTQ65bq

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 5 Latest?cb=20090411192931

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 5 Latest?cb=20090106194338

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 5 20110523_06

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 5 20110523_08_1

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
There... a neck and some silver/metal paint, and almost done. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looking good, SC. I can see the insect comparison now that you mention it. Very cool.

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 5 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:There... a neck and some silver/metal paint, and almost done. Smile

Done some silver, probably will black ink it then sponge some lighter silver on. Need to drill out all the hands, mod the pegs and then there's all the weapons to prep and paint too. At the moment he has possibly 5 weapons to do.. still can't see any hand icons, got some really random ones like an elephant, Afro hair and a Pharaoh though... scratch

Stryker2011 wrote:Looking good, SC. I can see the insect comparison now that you mention it. Very cool.

Cheers Stryker! I'm not totally mad then! Wink

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 5 1hn8Ynh

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 5 AFjDohI

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
"We're all mad here!" (so says the Hatter) Laughing

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
LOL, very true! I blame it on all the glue! Wink

Recycled some previously modded lego parts to make the neck with a bit of dremelling and super glue etc.., plenty of articulation hidden there by that random glove liner that I found on the street outside. I've drilled out the hands and fitted them (x3) but still have loads of armour to attach together then attach to the figure while making straps too. Then weapons, done some sanding already but tired now..

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 5 7t3NG2s

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 5 MneC1NY

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 5 BtrgNbZ

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 5 60bI9E6

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 5 A03WtgX

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 5 KPlqNTd

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 5 YgZxlKW

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 5 NyM92jJ

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looking good. I wish I had your drive and commitment.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Wow, really coming together. But you are due your well-earned rest.

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
always inspiring to watch you cut up stuff and create something wonderful, keep up the great work

cheers
tjolnir

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Looking good. I wish I had your drive and commitment.

Your wife wouldn't, she'd never see you! You'd be in your man-cave forever! Laughing

GubernatorFan wrote:Wow, really coming together. But you are due your well-earned rest.

Taken a rest but got some more done too.

Tjolnir wrote:always inspiring to watch you cut up stuff and create something wonderful, keep up the great work

cheers
tjolnir

Thank you for the support tjolnir!

Nearly there now...

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 5 OfvkMVG

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 5 MsU3vq6

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 5 FdTI95R

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 5 L3yxn8b

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 5 WdyfYeD

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 5 HNmCzfh

scalawag

scalawag
Wow this is coming along fantastically well mate. Great build thread as always.

Paul

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nearly there, indeed. Will he have flowing robes like the rest? Or will he be more like he is now?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
That last shot is very encouraging... looks pretty much ready to go, in all its glorious detail. I would imagine that the flowing robes are part of the dress code, Stryker. In this case perhaps it might be cool if there are two long vertical slits for the arms, to give him better access and perhaps reveal a bit more of the armor in action poses. But I'm sure shovelchop has thought of what to do about that already.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
scalawag wrote:Wow this is coming along fantastically well mate.  Great build thread as always.

Paul

Thanks scalawag!

Stryker2011 wrote:Nearly there, indeed. Will he have flowing robes like the rest? Or will he be more like he is now?

GubernatorFan wrote:That last shot is very encouraging... looks pretty much ready to go, in all its glorious detail. I would imagine that the flowing robes are part of the dress code, Stryker. In this case perhaps it might be cool if there are two long vertical slits for the arms, to give him better access and perhaps reveal a bit more of the armor in action poses. But I'm sure shovelchop has thought of what to do about that already.

Actually was pondering this in the morning, obviously I don't want to hide all the gorgeous armour but he still needs to be a Wraith! My custom Haradrim Wraith doesn't have a cloak for the same reason but he works well so I won't need full on robes but more along the lines of a long vest that samurai actually wore over their armour. I did the same with my custom shogun/samurai Darth Vader years ago.... Choosing between two damaged coats now to mod and use, the more billowy leatherette one is actually for a female body and I had it on my custom Selene before a major upgrade, the inner liner is hard to get black though, I'll try again. The other is an SS officers coat that was damaged years ago by a soldering accident so could be a nice fit, nice material too!

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 5 DSC09013

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 5 DSC09166

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 5 DSC08987

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 5 DSC08986

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 5 FOW2mTK

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 5 HU1egSi

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 5 QS0I7Ib

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 5 Cr4sCx4

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 5 D1vHfIw

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 5 2Jxcj3r

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 5 3etzGU2

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 5 TI6dr51

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 5 VSwNy1m

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 5 KKCgKPJ

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 5 4VlP0NU

lordoftherings - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. - Page 5 ZJXZ8l6

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very cool custom figures. Love the Samurai Vader. And love the progress. I'd say he still needs a bit more of an outer cape, but it looks like that's where you're headed anyway. But you should not pay me any mind... I am not as creative/willing to make departures (then again, from what?) as you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 30]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum