OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

STAR WARS New Imperial Unit: Aquatrooper (Part Two)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I finally got around to doing the underwater scenes. The first four images below are brand new, the rest are an updated presentation of the background and vignette that first introduced the character on the old site.

beach - STAR WARS New Imperial Unit: Aquatrooper (Part Two) Aqua0010

beach - STAR WARS New Imperial Unit: Aquatrooper (Part Two) Aqua1110

beach - STAR WARS New Imperial Unit: Aquatrooper (Part Two) Aqua1210

beach - STAR WARS New Imperial Unit: Aquatrooper (Part Two) Aqua1310

beach - STAR WARS New Imperial Unit: Aquatrooper (Part Two) Aqua0110

beach - STAR WARS New Imperial Unit: Aquatrooper (Part Two) Aqua0210

beach - STAR WARS New Imperial Unit: Aquatrooper (Part Two) Aqua0310

beach - STAR WARS New Imperial Unit: Aquatrooper (Part Two) Aqua0410

beach - STAR WARS New Imperial Unit: Aquatrooper (Part Two) Aqua0510

beach - STAR WARS New Imperial Unit: Aquatrooper (Part Two) Aqua0610

beach - STAR WARS New Imperial Unit: Aquatrooper (Part Two) Aqua0710

beach - STAR WARS New Imperial Unit: Aquatrooper (Part Two) Aqua0810

beach - STAR WARS New Imperial Unit: Aquatrooper (Part Two) Aqua0910

beach - STAR WARS New Imperial Unit: Aquatrooper (Part Two) Aqua1010

Hope you enjoyed it.

#starwars #kitbash #custom #humor #male #scifi #underwater #beach #military

Ephiane

Ephiane
Is it Hasselhoff under the Helmet ? Very Happy Great Entertainment ! You can made the next Star Wars Episode, can´t be poorer than the last ones....

Mr. Razz

Mr. Razz
That was cool. I really enjoyed it, well, except for the harpooning of Nemo Shocked

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ephiane wrote:Is it Hasselhoff under the Helmet ? Very Happy Great Entertainment ! You can made the next Star Wars Episode, can´t be poorer than the last ones....

Thank you, Ephiane! I wish I had a Hasselhoff head. And I will take your suggestion as the compliment for which it is intended. Smile

Mr. Razz wrote:That was cool. I really enjoyed it, well, except for the harpooning of Nemo Shocked

Thanks Razz. I can only assure you this was Nemo's very distant cousin. It was just one of two or three more or less sixth-scale fish I possess (besides the imperial shark), and no connection to Nemo was intended.

Ovy

Ovy
Haha, it's quite dumb, but still makes more sense than the Executioner Trooper or even the Shore Trooper.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:Haha, it's quite dumb, but still makes more sense than the Executioner Trooper or even the Shore Trooper.

As long as you realize that this was the point -- to make fun of them. Smile

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Very nice character Gub! Now you have to build the companion accessories like the Tide Fighter and the Depth Star. Probably going to need a Protocol Droid that speaks the language of Moisture Evaporators as well....

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Pontiacivan wrote:Very nice character Gub! Now you have to build the companion accessories like the Tide Fighter and the Depth Star. Probably going to need a Protocol Droid that speaks the language of Moisture Evaporators as well....

Thank you, Pontiacvan! Good suggestions, but I don't have your talent for robotics, so I am sticking to humanoids for now. Got to think of the next ridiculous specialized unit.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ha! Pretty funny.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

beach - STAR WARS New Imperial Unit: Aquatrooper (Part Two) C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you, Mark, glad you found it funny.

scalawag

scalawag
This gave me a chuckle, don't let Disney see it though, you will give them ideas for the next film lol.

Paul

dadrab

dadrab
Another fine presentation. And, it did indeed make me smile.

Attaboy.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Oh man, this so cracked me up. I keep picturing this like an enlistment video for the empire. It might get me to join up...

And the "you're my only hope" line killed me. Leia would be so mad the empire stole her line for a propaganda video!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
scalawag wrote:This gave me a chuckle, don't let Disney see it though, you will give them ideas for the next film lol. Paul

Thank you, Paul. Well, if they stole the idea, it will only vindicate my good-natured mockery of them.

dadrab wrote:Another fine presentation. And, it did indeed make me smile. Attaboy.

Glad you liked it, and that it made you smile. That was the point, after all. Smile

ReverendSpooky wrote:Oh man, this so cracked me up.  I keep picturing this like an enlistment video for the empire.  It might get me to join up... And the "you're my only hope" line killed me.  Leia would be so mad the empire stole her line for a propaganda video!

I am pretty sure Leia has no monopoly over the expression, but glad you liked it and got into the spirit of the thing! At some point more trooper variants are bound to follow.

davidd

davidd
AquaTroopers totally need to be a real Star Wars thing.

I love the beach bar! It looks... looks... simple enough, and relatively inexpensive to emulate. I may need to add something like that to my Winter Projects list.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Some guys get all the best assignments!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
davidd wrote:AquaTroopers totally need to be a real Star Wars thing.

I love the beach bar! It looks... looks... simple enough, and relatively inexpensive to emulate. I may need to add something like that to my Winter Projects list.
Thank you very much, Dave. And, yes, it was relatively easy (which might be why I attempted it). I used a sturdy cardboard shipping box of suitable dimensions as a basis (I think I removed the inward- and downward-facing parts), which I then outfitted with dowels and planks, then plopped on a wider board for the countertop. The canopy required some more effort, making the frame, cutting and gluing the poles. The raffia (straw) was a mess to work with. The canopy was attached to the countertop using a couple of lego connectors. I left it unpainted, because it had the right look to it, although I suppose I could have tried to weather it a bit.

BAMComix wrote:Some guys get all the best assignments!
Indeed they do! Lucky bastards! Thanks for visiting.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
LOL! Great fun!! You've made me want to create a fully clad Aqua Trooper now!

Visisonor

Visisonor
I don't know, this looks authentic enough Smile
Reminds me of the various "join the Empire" fanart posters.
The logo on that shark (roboshark?) is a nice touch.
Since this is Part Two, is there a Part One?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:LOL! Great fun!! You've made me want to create a fully clad Aqua Trooper now!
Thank you Alex, glad you enjoyed it. Well, if he were fully clad, he would not be appropriate for the warm shallow tropical waters of Carabino, and even if otherwise fully derivative, he would be classed a completely different trooper to boost toy sales. Smile Also, he might accidentally go back to his precedents in the AT-AT Drivers and TIE-Fighter Pilots. Speaking of which, I came across this, which was coincidence, not precedent:
beach - STAR WARS New Imperial Unit: Aquatrooper (Part Two) Tie%2Bpilot%2Bshepperton
Apparently the summer of 1976 was very hot and the guys at Shepperton Studios couldn't be bothered to dress up when trying out the gear!

Visisonor wrote:I don't know, this looks authentic enough Smile
Reminds me of the various "join the Empire" fanart posters.
The logo on that shark (roboshark?) is a nice touch.
Since this is Part Two, is there a Part One?
Thank you very much. Well, surely as authentic as various other variations and novelties that have cropped up over time. Smile I still don't know if the shark is fully organic, but yes, it is definitely branded with the appropriate logo, to signal its professional affiliations.
If I recall, Part One was simply the original installment on the old site, which did not include the underwater shots (which were created later); so this really is more of a Take Two than a Part Two...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum