OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Heroes afterwork!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

42Kitbash - Heroes afterwork! - Page 3 Empty Re: Heroes afterwork! Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:01 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Stryker and BAD WOLF -- see post 36 for a possible fix (I am using Mozilla Firefox, so I don't know whether it will work the same way for you).

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

43Kitbash - Heroes afterwork! - Page 3 Empty Re: Heroes afterwork! Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:07 pm

Stryker2011

Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Stryker and BAD WOLF -- see post 36 for a possible fix (I am using Mozilla Firefox, so I don't know whether it will work the same way for you).

I don’t see anyway to change that on my iPad using Safari.

44Kitbash - Heroes afterwork! - Page 3 Empty Re: Heroes afterwork! Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:15 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:I don’t see anyway to change that on my iPad using Safari.

I wouldn't know anything about Safari. The point is that this issue seems to be the result of settings on the part of each user's individual browser. When you first announced you could see Tank Girl and blackpool's Photobucket images, I could not see them. Then I noticed that if I hit the reload button, the first (Cap America) photo briefly flickered on the screen for a fraction of a second, and then the photo wasn't visible again. So I thought is this a Mozilla Firefox issue, and tried Internet Explorer. That showed all photos just fine, but didn't have the same ad blockers and I immediately got one of the annoying redirect ads claiming my computer has a virus and I have to etc... So I went back to Mozilla Firefox to experiment with disabling the ad blocker, in case that was getting in the way of the photos displaying. It made no difference. Then I looked at my add ons. When Photobucket did its evil trick last year, we were advised to get a couple of add ons that allowed us to view Photobucket images. Disabling one of them (the one I specified) allowed all the photos to show. That, anyway, is how I got to the solution.

Did you ever install add ons for this on Safari? Are there other settings on Safari that you could experiment with?

45Kitbash - Heroes afterwork! - Page 3 Empty Re: Heroes afterwork! Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:31 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Just did a search. There isn’t a add on fix for Photo-sucket using Safari on an iPad. I have Chrome on my iMac, so I can see what to do about it there, but I primarily use my iPad (so... I’m stuck with no fix thanks to PB’s s$&tb practices.

This is what I found: iPhones, iPads and other “devices” using macOS cannot run the PB add-ons or fixes. On a traditional desktop, laptop running iOS Chrome can be downloaded and then the add-on fixes to correct the issue. In order for me to see the pics, for some reason, on my iPad or other device, according to my search, I have to pay PB’s ransom (have I mentioned whoever’s running PB should die in a car fire?).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Kitbash - Heroes afterwork! - Page 3 C8485110

46Kitbash - Heroes afterwork! - Page 3 Empty Re: Heroes afterwork! Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:37 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Just did a search. There isn’t a add on fix for Photo-sucket using Safari on an iPad. I have Chrome on my iMac, so I can see what to do about it there, but I primarily use my iPad (so... I’m stuck with no fix thanks to PB’s s$&tb practices.

This is what I found: iPhones, iPads and other “devices” using macOS cannot run the PB add-ons or fixes. On a traditional desktop, laptop running iOS Chrome can be downloaded and then the add-on fixes to correct the issue. In order for me to see the pics, for some reason, on my iPad or other device, according to my search, I have to pay PB’s ransom (have I mentioned whoever’s running PB should die in a car fire?).

Ok, so at least halfway good news -- you can see everything from your laptop. Nevertheless, I have updated the Forumotion help thread about all this, we'll see what they say and if there is any further action taken. There hasn't been a formal announcement from the Forumotion techs that issue has been fixed, so they may well be working on it. In fact some of the reports about (in)visibility here since we announced the fix might suggest that this is an ongoing process, and not yet complete.

47Kitbash - Heroes afterwork! - Page 3 Empty Re: Heroes afterwork! Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:44 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Testing...

Stryker2011 wrote:Mmm. Yep, something’s changed. I can only see the Wolverine in thebchair pic in the first post, and only one of the part pics.

Strange... I just looked at the code and it seems identical for all images. I am reposting (pasting) it below. There are four photos altogether, 3 before, 1 after "some casual groupshots." Should be Witch, Spidey, Wolverine, Group. What do you see?

Kitbash - Heroes afterwork! - Page 3 IMG_2563

Kitbash - Heroes afterwork! - Page 3 IMG_2565

Kitbash - Heroes afterwork! - Page 3 IMG_2555

some casual groupshots...

Kitbash - Heroes afterwork! - Page 3 IMG_2573

48Kitbash - Heroes afterwork! - Page 3 Empty Re: Heroes afterwork! Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:49 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
All I see is Wolvie...

I was just looking at TGF’s Valkyrie post over at OSW, and all the pics are visible to me from Photobucket on my iPad, so there HAS to be something going on with this forum in regard to it, not just what browser we’re using. I can also see blackpool’s pics over at the old site.

49Kitbash - Heroes afterwork! - Page 3 Empty Re: Heroes afterwork! Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:32 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
On my iMac (using Safari), I can see all the pics (and I didn't change anything to make that happen). MacOS devices only Wolverine in the chair & one of the party pics.

I searched out TGF's recent threads over at SSF & OSW, all pics visible on my iPad, but here -- some, but not all; for example, the Arthur Rackham illustration that she used for inspiration to make her Valkyrie isn't visible.

50Kitbash - Heroes afterwork! - Page 3 Empty Re: Heroes afterwork! Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:04 pm

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
I'm home. ALL of blackpool's pictures on PB are viewable on my desktop (Windows 10) on all browsers (Chrome, Edge, Firefox) with no issues and with no PB "fix" extensions installed/used.

Will be checking on Tank Girl's threads now.

51Kitbash - Heroes afterwork! - Page 3 Empty Re: Heroes afterwork! Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:04 am

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
I can see these all now too! And, I must say, these pics are fantastic! Love the "casual photos."

52Kitbash - Heroes afterwork! - Page 3 Empty Re: Heroes afterwork! Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:37 am

blackpool

blackpool
Now that everything seems back to normal, let's catch up with the latest news... Infinity war is released, I had a chance to see it already, the most epic marvel movie ever... absolutely stunning, jaw dropping from A to Z... so fantastic I couldn't resist but buy a Starlord figure.

In the meantime, my avengers attended the movie premiere, of course!!! Hope you'll like!

Kitbash - Heroes afterwork! - Page 3 Moviepremiere_01

Kitbash - Heroes afterwork! - Page 3 Moviepremiere_02

Kitbash - Heroes afterwork! - Page 3 Moviepremiere_03

Kitbash - Heroes afterwork! - Page 3 Moviepremiere_04

Kitbash - Heroes afterwork! - Page 3 Moviepremiere_05

Kitbash - Heroes afterwork! - Page 3 Moviepremiere_06

53Kitbash - Heroes afterwork! - Page 3 Empty Re: Heroes afterwork! Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:40 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Beautifully done, as always! Gwyneth's dress looks absolutely realistic. I foresee a Tom Holland head sculpt in your future. Wink

54Kitbash - Heroes afterwork! - Page 3 Empty Re: Heroes afterwork! Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:38 am

blackpool

blackpool
I definitely want one, but my problem is the spiderman I own has the mask and the collar in one fabric piece, no way to take off the head to apply another neckless or with attached neck... Which leads to buying the new homecoming spidey, and I hate buying several versions of the same figure, out of the head I try to not multiply the captains and ironmen lol (plus I got starlord now, so I will need the other guardians sooner or later)

55Kitbash - Heroes afterwork! - Page 3 Empty Re: Heroes afterwork! Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:42 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
blackpool wrote:I definitely want one, but my problem is the spiderman I own has the mask and the collar in one fabric piece, no way to take off the head to apply another neckless or with attached neck... Which leads to buying the new homecoming spidey, and I hate buying several versions of the same figure, out of the head I try to not multiply the captains and ironmen lol (plus I got starlord now, so I will need the other guardians sooner or later)

Hmm... true, perhaps you could look around for something that, while not a perfect match, would look ok for the neck (maybe one of the Deadpool necks if nothing better?), and then you can put the Tom Holland head sculpt on that. I had the good fortune to decide to get my Spidey when it was not only in stock, but also came with both the masked and Tom Holland heads (no such look with Batman though, I might be looking for that loose HT Ben Affleck head, which is not going to be easy or affordable). And I am completely with you on trying to avoid duplicates of the same character -- at these prices, it seems sensible, unless you were going to limits yourself to collecting only a very limited set of things.

56Kitbash - Heroes afterwork! - Page 3 Empty Re: Heroes afterwork! Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:10 pm

blackpool

blackpool
If you look for an affordable ben affleck as bruce wayne, have a look at onesixthkit store, he has both versions made by el1ev1en, one with neck, one without, and they look fantastic for that price (30$)
Plus they are provided with a neck accessory to perfectly replace batman's head.

I'll post some pics of my spiderman, but the amazing one is amazingly sewn from everywhere, there is no way to take off the head from the shoulders without cutting the suit...
I'll see how it fits in my priority list (I am doomed lol)

57Kitbash - Heroes afterwork! - Page 3 Empty Re: Heroes afterwork! Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:18 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
blackpool wrote:If you look for an affordable ben affleck as bruce wayne, have a look at onesixthkit store, he has both versions made by el1ev1en.

I may have that one already, but I will look. Update: Yup, have it... the hair looks a lot less dark in hand.

blackpool wrote:The amazing one is amazingly sewn from everywhere, there is no way to take off the head from the shoulders without cutting the suit...

Oh, don't do that![/quote]

58Kitbash - Heroes afterwork! - Page 3 Empty Re: Heroes afterwork! Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:21 pm

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
blackpool wrote:If you look for an affordable ben affleck as bruce wayne, have a look at onesixthkit store, he has both versions made by el1ev1en, one with neck, one without, and they look fantastic for that price (30$)
Plus they are provided with a neck accessory to perfectly replace batman's head.

I'll post some pics of my spiderman, but the amazing one is amazingly sewn from everywhere, there is no way to take off the head from the shoulders without cutting the suit...
I'll see how it fits in my priority list (I am doomed lol)

This is truly great, I think I said so in the old place and I'll say it again here. Acknowledging great figures and phenomenal diorama work, nevertheless, the thing that stands out the most for me is subtle, totally precise and credible posing that doesn't just seem real but communicates through body language.

Funny and clever as this is, I'd like to see someone do the same thing but with the villains...

59Kitbash - Heroes afterwork! - Page 3 Empty Re: Heroes afterwork! Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:36 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:Funny and clever as this is, I'd like to see someone do the same thing but with the villains...

For that to happen, we'd need a good sculpt of Josh Brolin, and the closest we've got is (I think) the Agent K sculpt I reviewed here:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t10-product-review-dragon-models-ltd-mib3-men-in-black-3-agent-k-1969-josh-brolin#85

60Kitbash - Heroes afterwork! - Page 3 Empty Re: Heroes afterwork! Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:44 pm

dadrab

dadrab
Damn that's cool.

Great idea, too.

Thanks for showing us.

61Kitbash - Heroes afterwork! - Page 3 Empty Re: Heroes afterwork! Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:06 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice red carpet set up. That looks fantastic. Just got back from seeing the movie this afternoon. Too bad I didn't get a chance to see those ladies in those dresses for real.

62Kitbash - Heroes afterwork! - Page 3 Empty Re: Heroes afterwork! Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:28 pm

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
Love it!! Not only are they clever, creative and well done, you are just having too much fun with your figures! Smile

63Kitbash - Heroes afterwork! - Page 3 Empty Re: Heroes afterwork! Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:27 am

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Great looking avengers that attended the movie premiere photos!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum