OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Toys The Lord of the Rings Series: Gimli (LOTR018)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
LordOfTheRings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Toys The Lord of the Rings Series: Gimli (LOTR018) 010

The Gimli Sixth Scaled Figure features:
Authentic and detailed fully realistic likeness of Gimli from The Lord of the Ring trilogy.
· Asmus Toys  DWF 1.0 male body
· Approximately 26 cm tall
· Over 32 points of articulation

Features:
· An authentic likeness of character from the film.
· One pair of relaxed posture hands
· One pair of weapon holding hands
· One pair of fist posture hands

Special features on Clothing:
· One elfish cape with leaf pin
· One pair of silver long sleeved undervest (chainmail sleeves)
· One pair of long underpants
· One Gimli’s belt with axes holders
· One patterned vast
. One pair of two parted boots (enhanced ankle joints)
. One pair of Gimli’s wrist bands
. One pair of Gimli’s bicep armor.
. One Gimli’s helmet

Special features in weapons:
· Two single handed throwing axes
. One long single sided axe
. One double sided two hand long axe
· One single sided two hand long axe

Accessories:

· One Asmus Toys figure stand

Est. Shipping Date:  May 2018
MSRP:  199.50 USD

Edition Size Limited: 1500 pieces world-wide

LordOfTheRings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Toys The Lord of the Rings Series: Gimli (LOTR018) 111
LordOfTheRings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Toys The Lord of the Rings Series: Gimli (LOTR018) 211
LordOfTheRings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Toys The Lord of the Rings Series: Gimli (LOTR018) 311
LordOfTheRings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Toys The Lord of the Rings Series: Gimli (LOTR018) 411
LordOfTheRings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Toys The Lord of the Rings Series: Gimli (LOTR018) 510
LordOfTheRings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Toys The Lord of the Rings Series: Gimli (LOTR018) 611
LordOfTheRings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Toys The Lord of the Rings Series: Gimli (LOTR018) 711
LordOfTheRings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Toys The Lord of the Rings Series: Gimli (LOTR018) 811
LordOfTheRings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Toys The Lord of the Rings Series: Gimli (LOTR018) 911
LordOfTheRings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Toys The Lord of the Rings Series: Gimli (LOTR018) 1011
LordOfTheRings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Toys The Lord of the Rings Series: Gimli (LOTR018) 10a10
LordOfTheRings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Toys The Lord of the Rings Series: Gimli (LOTR018) 1111
LordOfTheRings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Toys The Lord of the Rings Series: Gimli (LOTR018) 1210
LordOfTheRings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Toys The Lord of the Rings Series: Gimli (LOTR018) 1310
LordOfTheRings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Toys The Lord of the Rings Series: Gimli (LOTR018) 1410

#newproduct #asmus #lordoftherings #lots #dwarf #male

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I like what I see. If the finished product looks like this, I think they did an exceptional job.

dadrab

dadrab
Man... That's a great looking figure.

While part of me is glad I don't collect figures from the franchise, another part is saying, "idiot...you should have done it."

Loved the movies and the books, though.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
dadrab wrote:Man... That's a great looking figure. While part of me is glad I don't collect figures from the franchise, another part is saying, "idiot...you should have done it." Loved the movies and the books, though.

I know the feeling. I do own three figures from this series, but I do believe this one might be the best of them all, so far. I am not sure whether that helps or makes it worse...

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Looks amazing!! My favourite character! Which is why I made my own custom real hair one many years ago Laughing But if I need another this looks excellent. Talking of Dwarves just got the ball rolling on doing all 13 from The Hobbit...

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’ll finally be able to finish out the Fellowship. And don’t worry GF, so far, what Asmus shows I their promo pics (especially lately) is pretty much what you get. These guys have been steadily improving with every release; and for what you get, their prices are reasonable.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

LordOfTheRings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Toys The Lord of the Rings Series: Gimli (LOTR018) C8485110

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
I have zero faith let alone optimism what is pictured is what will be produced and released.

The track record of @$$MUS is very inconsistent.

The recent release of Dante was a surprise. It's a solid B+ and maybe an A- (being a bit generous), but their track record with the 1:6 LOTR line has been dismally inconsistent.

Allotropos

Allotropos
The prototype pictures are admittedly nice as they should be..but nope..well okay, I may cave if they did Dain.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
DeltaForceChung wrote:I have zero faith let alone optimism what is pictured is what will be produced and released.

The track record of @$$MUS is very inconsistent.

The recent release of Dante was a surprise.  It's a solid B+ and maybe an A- (being a bit generous), but their track record with the 1:6 LOTR line has been dismally inconsistent.

Yes I was thinking that too, sort of hit and miss with production inconsistencies although they seem to have gotten much more reliable with the latest LOTR/TH releases and there were a lot of them too! What worries me is the height, 26cm is way too tall at well over 10" when he should be closer to nine. They did the same mistake with Saruman but making him way too short.

Allotropos wrote:The prototype pictures are admittedly nice as they should be..but nope..well okay, I may cave if they did Dain.

Who's Dain? Was he on the Dwarven panel at the council of Elrond?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
DeltaForceChung wrote:The recent release of Dante was a surprise.  It's a solid B+ and maybe an A- (being a bit generous), [B]but their track record with the 1:6 LOTR line has been dismally inconsistent[B].

I agree with you to a point. Their initial products were all over the map quality wise, but since Sauramon each successive figure has only improved. Granted they had to go back to the Hobbits to give us better HS, but at least they made the effort. Grishnak is a pretty decent figure, Boromir is nearly spot on, Legolas would be damn near perfect if they had done what they did with Gimli here and gave him rooted hair. For a newer company at least they listen to their fans and keep trying to improve, unlike Star Ace, which gets worse, and doesn’t seem to care.

LordOfTheRings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Toys The Lord of the Rings Series: Gimli (LOTR018) C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Personally I love their rooted hair.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
A little behind the scenes info from Asmus.
LordOfTheRings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Toys The Lord of the Rings Series: Gimli (LOTR018) Fb_img10
LordOfTheRings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Toys The Lord of the Rings Series: Gimli (LOTR018) Fb_img11

The height looks good.
LordOfTheRings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Toys The Lord of the Rings Series: Gimli (LOTR018) 30715910
LordOfTheRings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Toys The Lord of the Rings Series: Gimli (LOTR018) 44497410

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Great insight into the design and testing of this figure, Kudos to Asmus for sticking to rooted hair throughout this figure as it looks brilliant! That pic of Gimli with no hair....really, really fascinating and weird at the same time!! affraid

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That beardless pic kind of reminds me of the mutants from Beneath the Planet of the Apes. Or like the "death-masks" that Hollywood used to do of living actors ages ago.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:That beardless pic kind of reminds me of the mutants from Beneath the Planet of the Apes. Or like the "death-masks" that Hollywood used to do of living actors ages ago.

Makes me think of Marlin Brando in "Apocalypse Now".

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Or death masks made by ancient Romans of their ancestors. Smile It was pretty cool to see these images, thanks again for posting them.

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
I've been pretty critical of Asmus in the past, but I do give them credit for improving over time, but with sometimes baffling choices/execution. I really hope this one is as good as the pics show, because I want one!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
tankgirlfuzzy wrote:I've been pretty critical of Asmus in the past, but I do give them credit for improving over time, but with sometimes baffling choices/execution. I really hope this one is as good as the pics show, because I want one!

I’m hoping they go back and revisit Gandalf, Sauraman and Legolas now that they seem to have figured out rooted hair and beards. Or at least do the expansion set thing and just offer upgraded head sculpts.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
If they can pull everything off on a production line then I think a lot of people will be surprised and happy, let's see shall we....

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
New summary pic:

LordOfTheRings - NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Toys The Lord of the Rings Series: Gimli (LOTR018) Fb_img13

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum