OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS new 1/6 mixed blood beauty head carving sharp child YMT015 & Miner YMT016

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I do like these better than some of the others we've seen advertised lately.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Those HS do look very nice but I wonder how well they will match the Tbleague bodies?

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
I like these a lot! I agree with Badwolf that how well they match TBLeague bodies will really dictate if I pic them up or not, but I'm sure hoping!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well, I just took some pics of the 4 different YM Toys head sculpts that I have, but I can't upload them as my SD Card reader died. I can tell you this. I have two Caucasian HS and two Asian HS. Of those, and it's not consistent from one "race" to the other is they either work with the TBL Suntan or the TBL Old Suntan (of the ones that I have). The palest of the head sculpts, oddly, work with the "New Suntan", or what is now the current standard Suntan. While some of the darker skinned ones seem to work better with the Old Suntan (which is impossible to get), but they still work with the current Suntan. So far, not even the Asian sculpts (which from other manufacturers tend to be more pale than the Caucasian) work all that well with the TBL Pale, but that could just be my personal preference. They are remarkable beautiful sculpts in hand, and look just as good as the prototypes. Hope this helps. Once I get a new SD card reader I will upload those photos.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

YMToys - NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS new 1/6 mixed blood beauty head carving sharp child YMT015 & Miner YMT016 C8485110

brassco

brassco
mixed blood seems to be the trend...with mixed blood, easier to mix and match?

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
I see Chloe Bennett in the long haired one.

CHEERS!

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Those HS do look very nice but I wonder how well they will match the Tbleague bodies?

I've just now received the A and B of YMT015, and I can confirm that these are beautiful sculpts.

As ever, a 'match' depends on how you're going to use them (for photography or display), but following a brief consumer test, they are a very good match for either shade of TBL body, remarkably - it may be an optical illusion or Saturday morning hangover goggles or something, but A seems a little paler than B, so A currently sits on a 22a while B is currently considering making her home on a 21b. I'm also sensing other subtle differences between the two sculpts that don't seem to be entirely down to the different hairstyles.

A provisional score of 8.5 out of 10 thumbs-up.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Cool, hope to see some in hand pics of these. So what do we think here, are there several companies all making similar products, or just one big one with offshoot companies?

CHEERS!

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
As detailed above, I have A and B of the YM015 sculpt. On further inspection - in hand at least - 'A' (the dark-haired sculpt) is definitely more compatible with pale TBL bodies, while 'B' (the blonde) is more compatible with suntan bodies. Either one is still a reasonable enough match if swapped around, but once you've put them on the 'right' body, the difference is very noticeable. Odd, that. I passed on 'C' as I've got redheads coming out of my ears, but I'm tempted to get one now just to see which body it matches...

Again though, all this is purely based on in-hand comparison. I've not had a chance to photograph them yet but once I have I'll post the pics up.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Pics for those interested:

YMT015 'A' on a TBL S16 pale body, using flash:

YMToys - NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS new 1/6 mixed blood beauty head carving sharp child YMT015 & Miner YMT016 DSCN3590

... and in natural daylight:

YMToys - NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS new 1/6 mixed blood beauty head carving sharp child YMT015 & Miner YMT016 DSCN3592

YM015 'B' on a TBL S21 suntan body (SFW version as I haven't figured out an outfit yet), using flash:

YMToys - NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS new 1/6 mixed blood beauty head carving sharp child YMT015 & Miner YMT016 DSCN3584

... and in natural daylight:

YMToys - NEW PRODUCT: YMTOYS new 1/6 mixed blood beauty head carving sharp child YMT015 & Miner YMT016 DSCN3583

The in-hand differences I noted above are less obvious under photographic conditions, but you get the idea. The 'A' model does look darker under these conditions than it does in-hand, but it's still a good match for a pale body. I did swap the heads around and photographed them, and if anyone wants to see those pics I can post them up next (I don't want to overload the thread with photos otherwise).

Overall, these are great looking goth girl types (so any slight head/body mismatch can be handwaved with "it's make-up!").  In fact, 'A' would make a great 'Cassie Hack' from "Hack/Slash", IMHO  Smile .

I'm seriously considering buying some of the other sculpts now as they're such a good match to TBL bodies. My only grumble - and it's a tiny one - is that the fit of both heads onto a TBL neck is a little loose (but it's nothing to really worry about and they can be modded easily enough if it bothers you).

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the comparison head-body matching photos, GeeWillikers.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The heads look different than I expected from the promo pics.... but in a good way! For once I prefer the in-hand look. Thanks for sharing! : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum