OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS STORMTROOPER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Stormtroopers are elite shock troops fanatically loyal to the Empire and focused on the Imperial cause. Their iconic white armor, which offers a wide range of survival equipment and temperature controls to allow the soldiers to survive in almost any environment. With blasters in hands, Stormtroopers attack in hordes to overwhelm their enemies enforcing the will of the Empire.

Being one of the most recognizable and popular characters in the Star Wars saga and pop culture, Hot Toys is delighted to present another opportunity for passionate Star Wars fans to collect by introducing the new 1/6th scale Imperial Stormtrooper collectible figure from the classic Star Wars film!

The highly accurate collectible figure features a newly refined Stormtrooper helmet and armor allowing improved articulations, all new paint applications, a fabric under-suit, a blaster rifle.

This Deluxe Version will exclusively include a specially designed space station themed diorama figure stand with LED light-up function!

Expand your Empire collection by enlisting this Deluxe Version of 1/6th scale Stormtrooper collectible figure in your ranks!
SPECIFICATIONS
PRODUCT CODEMMS515
PRODUCT NAMESTORMTROOPER (DELUXE VERSION)
HEIGHTAPPROXIMATELY 30 CM TALL
POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS30
SPECIAL FEATURESA SPECIALLY DESIGNED FIGURE STAND AND DEATH STAR WALL PANEL DIORAMA BACKDROP WITH LED LIGHT-UP FUNCTION
ARTISTSHEAD SCULPTED BY N/A. FIGURE PAINTED BY LOK HO
HEAD PAINTED BY N/A. FIGURE ART DIRECTED BY JC. HONG
HEAD ART DIRECTED BY N/A.

The 1/6th scale Stormtrooper Collectible Figure (Deluxe Version) specially features:

- Authentic and detailed likeness of Stormtrooper in Star Wars
- Newly crafted Stormtrooper helmet with details
- Body with over 30 points of articulations
- Approximately 30 cm tall
- Seven (7) pieces of interchangeable gloved hands including:
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of relaxed hands
- One (1) pair of hands for holding weapon
- One (1) gesturing left hand

Costume:
- One (1) newly crafted Stormtrooper armor with weathering effect
- One (1) black colored under-suit
- One (1) Stormtrooper belt with blaster holster

Weapon:
- One (1) blaster rifle

Accessory:
- Specially designed figure stand and Death Star wall panel diorama backdrop with LED light-up function (white light, battery operated)***

*** Exclusive to Deluxe Version

Artists:
- Figure Painted by Lok Ho
- Figure Art Directed by JC. Hong

Release date: Approximate Q2 – Q3, 2019

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Battery not included for figure stand, 3A batteries (3 pieces) are required
**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

©️ & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.
©️ 2018 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS STORMTROOPER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1184
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS STORMTROOPER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 2143
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS STORMTROOPER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 3123
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS STORMTROOPER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 4112
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS STORMTROOPER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 5109
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS STORMTROOPER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 6107
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS STORMTROOPER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 7104
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS STORMTROOPER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 898
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS STORMTROOPER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 997
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS STORMTROOPER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1090
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS STORMTROOPER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1185
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS STORMTROOPER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1277
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS STORMTROOPER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1365
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS STORMTROOPER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1463
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS STORMTROOPER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1556
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS STORMTROOPER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1656
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS STORMTROOPER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1751
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS STORMTROOPER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1846
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS STORMTROOPER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1941
movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS STORMTROOPER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 2038

#newproduct #HotToys #StarWars #StormTrooper #male #movie #Sci-Fi

scalawag

scalawag
Looking at the return edges on the chest plate, as well as the subtle weathering, right hand side holster, and of course the obvious promo pics This is a ROTJ stormy. Nice to see this variant represented as it often gets overlooked in my opinion. I particularly like the shoulder bells on this version.
Same old problem though as with most HT releases for me these days, in that this will be too expensive to warrant my getting another Stormtrooper so it will be another pass i'm afraid.

Paul

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
There they are! I was just referencing them in my response to that silly copper chrome version. While I prefer the ANH (if properly proportioned) and RO look, these appear to be accurate to the film. While I don't consider them exactly "must haves," I might be tempted to go for one or two, especially if I can find some parted out. Also keep in mind that apart from the deluxe version advertised here, there is a regular version that has less in the way of diorama elements and costs a little less (about $190 vs about $240).

scalawag

scalawag
These do seem fairly accurate to the troopers seen in JOTJ. They are distinctly different from the previous 2 films as they needed more armour than they had left over after Empire. So most if not all of the suits in ROTJ were recasts from an existing suit. They were also made at the studio by the time of ROTJ and not at SDS as the originals were, so there are some differences in the vac forming and how the moulds were shaped to get pieces off after forming. The telltale on these suits is the edging on the breast plate. I noticed that they mirrored the buttons on the abdomen plate too. I am not sure on this as a ROTJ feature and would have to research it further to be sure.
They are, as always, lovely figures, and the standard one will be cheaper, but for what you get with one of these I am afraid they are still too expensive for what they are.

scalawag

scalawag
I just did a little checking and indeed the buttons on the Abdo plate are upside down in ROTJ when compared to the other OT films, making this definitely a ROTJ stormtrooper. I guess that this again was down to the suits being re-cast. It also goes to show that we worry much more over the little details than the film makers did back in the eighties lol. For them if it looked like a storm trooper then that was good enough! 
This model also has the more dished/shaped vac formed hand guards seen in ROTJ suits too.  The ANH ones are actually soft latex pieces painted white and glued onto the black rubber chemical gloves that were used.

It really is great to see them putting in this level of attention to detail, but its still too high a price for me.

Paul

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I hadn't noticed the upside-down buttons. All or most of the differences were introduced to new armor that was prepared for ESB, but except for one or two instances (like the stormtroopers that put Han into carbonite), it didn't make it on screen. It is my understanding that these (or the molds for them) were used for the ROTJ stormtroopers.

scalawag

scalawag
I am working strictly from memory here and will need to check, but I believe the armour used in Empire was actually made up from suits that were saved after ANH for promotional use. I believe that they only used about 6 sets of armour for the whole film. When you watch it with this in mind it becomes obvious just how few Stormtroopers are evident in it.
When ROTJ came along they needed more sets for the Endor and Death Star scenes and it was then that the Studio set up production of the new sets which were recasts from an original ANH set. This included the helmets which have a very distinctly different more squared shape to them when compared with ANH and TESB versions.
As I said this is from memory, and I will have to check on the details.

Paul

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
scalawag wrote:I am working strictly from memory here and will need to check, but I believe the armour used in Empire was actually made up from suits that were saved after ANH for promotional use.  I believe that they only used about 6 sets of armour for the whole film. When you watch it with this in mind it becomes obvious just how few Stormtroopers are evident in it.
When ROTJ came along they needed more sets for the Endor and Death Star scenes and it was then that the Studio set up production of the new sets which were recasts from an original ANH set.  This included the helmets which have a very distinctly different more squared shape to them when compared with ANH and TESB versions.

There are more than 6 stormtroopers in a single shot in Cloud City (when the protagonists run into Vader and Lobot brings in the troopers to cut their escape route). Most of what was used for ESB was indeed leftovers or reconstituted armor from ANH (and most of those had not "kept"), but they did prepare new ones (Mk 2 or whatever they called it), except that those were apparently late and are found only in a handful of instances; at any rate they (or their molds) were reused for ROTJ. This is from the official costume book. As for the helmets, if I recall, the "frowns," "ear caps," and lenses were the main changes. Of course, there might be a difference in exactly how closely they put the helmet pieces together, which already made a difference between the hero and regular versions in ANH.

I couldn't find the full shot, but here are a couple, showing at least 7-9 stormtroopers.

movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS STORMTROOPER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 07e47f2655052f6868c5faa6d391fd3f

movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS STORMTROOPER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE ESB-Screen_troop_001

scalawag

scalawag
My mistake then, as I said I was working from memory.  Not had chance to look it up today as I have been out trooping in 1-1 stormtrooper armour all day myself.

Paul

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
I think, if you have HT Star Wars figures already and can afford them, this will probably be considered the definitive Stormie. As I don't and more or less can't I'll stick with my Bandai.

I do like though that HT have shown them as lefties, which the majority were as the blaster magazine didn't bang against the armour.

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ah, but what defines the definitive stormtrooper? If it is classic and original look, wouldn't that be ANH which introduced the trooper type and look? Or if it is improvements, woudln't it be RO, which was most improved? We do see the type reproduced in this product in two movies ESB (a little bit) and ROTJ, but I suspect our reactions to it will remain a matter of personal taste. For example, I like the way they finished the edges on the new armor, but I dislike the painting of the "frown" black instead of grey. For all sorts of reasons (cost, space, taste, need) I won't be trying to collect these (new, used, parted out) in any great number, but I doubt I could resist getting one or two.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Aside from the “new” ST in the sequels to the OT (which looked horrible imho), I don’t pay as much attention to them as some of you guys. They all kind of look alike to me, except for the ones with significant changes like the AT-AT ones, or the Speeder Bikes.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS STORMTROOPER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Ah, but what defines the definitive stormtrooper? If it is classic and original look, wouldn't that be ANH which introduced the trooper type and look? Or if it is improvements, woudln't it be RO, which was most improved? We do see the type reproduced in this product in two movies ESB (a little bit) and ROTJ, but I suspect our reactions to it will remain a matter of personal taste. For example, I like the way they finished the edges on the new armor, but I dislike the painting of the "frown" black instead of grey. For all sorts of reasons (cost, space, taste, need) I won't be trying to collect these (new, used, parted out) in any great number, but I doubt I could resist getting one or two.

Toughie, mind you, I don't think anyone intended you to notice any difference. That was why I said, if you had HT figures you'd probably want this as it may be the only new OT grunt Stormie you'll get from them.

CHEERS!

scalawag

scalawag
As I said previously I think we pay far more attention to the little details than the film makers ever did at the time.  I am sure that these were just meant to look like the stormtroopers from the first film.  Don't forget too that at the time the films were made HD had yet to come along and the detail visible on the screen was much less than it is now meaning that these and Stormtroopers from ANH would look even more alike in the formats of the day than they do to us now.
I think too that over time companies like HT have learnt to prey on our obsession with the little details when it comes to figures like this one.  After all this figure is really only very minor in its differences really.  Look at it from 10ft away and it will look the same as all the rest, and if we were not bothered with these tiny detail changes then the market for this figure would be significantly smaller and perhaps even negligible.

It is nice to see left handed stormtroopers in the promo pics for exactly the reasons you mentioned Roger, although rather ironically this stormtrooper variant does have right handed holsters Laughing   I always troop left handed even though I am actually right handed for the same reasons that you mentioned.  Interestingly some of this came about because Roger Christian the prop guy that put together the stormtrooper blasters for ANH was left handed, and so didn't realise the problems for right handers until the guns were given to the actors by which time it was a bit late in the day to make a change.

I just realised too that they have ROTJ blasters rather than ANH or TESB ones.  The blasters for ROTJ were made from MGC (Model Gun Company) Sterling replicas and not actual sterling smg's or rubber casts of sterlings.  They have a flat muzzle, and metal fins on the barrel shroud rather than the plastic or rubber T track used before and they had 2 distinctly shaped greeblies added to the rear of the receiver behind the pistol grip on the magazine side of the gun.  Once again at a distance and on low res visual formats they look very like the originals, but up close they are wildly different.
I was fortunate enough to be able to see one of the original ROTJ blasters a while ago in London as well as a full set of ROTJ armour.

movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS STORMTROOPER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Og4ArTH

movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS STORMTROOPER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE WGVsy9b

As to the definitive Stormtrooper, well for me these days its the one that looks like a stormtrooper Laughing Laughing Laughing

Paul

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
The other thing now is that you don't need to hire and costume dozens of extras, you just take one CGI model and render it loads of times, so there will be less differences.

Most people will just go "Oh, it's a Stormtrooper." and won't care about any differences. Vexes the hell out of the purists, but not everybody is like them. I still like the Star Wars movies, but, I can happily go for several months without a burning need to watch them. I still haven't seen TLJ twice!

BTW, I had no idea Roger Christian was a leftie, pleases me no end to know I'm not the only one!

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Roger.. you do know the Latin word for “left” is “sinister” — because it’s creepy and weird. Twisted Evil

movie - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS STORMTROOPER (DELUXE VERSION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
LOL! It's actually 'sinistro' but sinister is related.

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
So did anyone PO one of these guys. I’m curious.in-hand pics have started to show up. Looks pretty good.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I ordered one, but I suspect it will be quite a while before it arrives.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I like the LED light-up background/stand, only wish it was a little bit bigger/wider, to accommodate more than one figure.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum