OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mezco One:12 Collective Popeye Review (mostly prototype photos, and pics by others)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

skywalkersaga

This is so not my usual thing, but I have to admit the overall craftsmanship and quality of this figure is extremely impressive. Shocked I very much hope that these high quality clothed 1/12th figures will set a new standard for this scale! it would make me much more disposed toward collecting 6 inch figs, that's for sure. As it is right now, I tend to find most figures in that scale rather overpriced for what they actually are, if that makes sense. If they were more like this, then I'd probably feel they were more worth investing in.

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Got a base for Popeye from Freaks member Cocoboloboy (who made the desert topper for my Mythos Obi-Wan), very cool piece:

Mezco One:12 Collective Popeye Review (mostly prototype photos, and pics by others) - Page 2 _dsc3062

skywalkersaga

Awesome! It's simple but effective. Does that person have a website or somewhere they sell such things? or is it just one of those custom request type situations?

scalawag

Thats the base this figure should have come with Stryker2011. Its perfect for Popeye

Paul

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Awesome! It's simple but effective. Does that person have a website or somewhere they sell such things? or is it just one of those custom request type situations?

Most of his stuff is pretty specific, but here’s his Facebook page:

https://m.facebook.com/Cocoboloboy/

scalawag wrote:Thats the base this figure should have come with Stryker2011.  Its perfect for Popeye

Paul

I agree, it would be nice, for what these things originally cost, if they went that little bit extra.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Mezco One:12 Collective Popeye Review (mostly prototype photos, and pics by others) - Page 2 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ah, thanks!

And a least the stand looks like it could well have been the official one... anyone who didn't know wouldn't have guessed ! : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Ah, thanks!

And a least the stand looks like it could well have been the official one... anyone who didn't know wouldn't have guessed ! : )

Yes it does. It’s hard to tell but the name plate is the same kind of brushed and etched metal you see on the professional ones. Very cool.

Mezco One:12 Collective Popeye Review (mostly prototype photos, and pics by others) - Page 2 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Excellent commission -- the base looks just right for the character.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Looks great, one day....

CHEERS!

blackpool

blackpool
Mezco One:12 Collective Popeye Review (mostly prototype photos, and pics by others) - Page 2 Img-6512

That's what happens when you unbuild and rebuild your figure too fast... Popeye now has a serious biceps problem Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Hmm... did they put the upper arms on backwards...? Or did someone fail Anatomy class? I expect exaggeration for his forearms...

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

LOL! That was the way they always drew him. God knows why, and that's probably very true as I would imagine the original creators and animators are dead by now.

CHEERS!

doodlehobby

Ok. I hate to do this to you, but did you see this?
https://www.mezcotoyz.com/one-12-collective-popeye-and-bluto-stormy-seas-ahead

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
doodlehobby wrote:Ok. I hate to do this to you, but did you see this?

Yes. I’m hoping they offer Bluto by himself at some point — no desire to double dip on Popeye.

doodlehobby

Stryker2011 wrote:
doodlehobby wrote:Ok. I hate to do this to you, but did you see this?

Yes. I’m hoping they offer Bluto by himself at some point — no desire to double dip on Popeye.
Or with Olive... IIRC Bluto was after Olive? Hence being Popeye's rival? 2 birds with one stone and 2 characters closer to getting the whole gang. Smile

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Yeah, I'm hoping they do an individual release of Bluto too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum