OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Firefly Malcom Reynolds

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

21Firefly Malcom Reynolds - Page 2 Empty Re: Firefly Malcom Reynolds Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:52 pm

Stryker2011

Founding Father
It’s not really “ruining the set”, unless you’re thinking of selling the whole thing down the line. I say, use the extra head to play with, like practicing removing the sculpted hair and adding real hair, for example. Or possibly making a whole new character. Or even giving it a repaint.

22Firefly Malcom Reynolds - Page 2 Empty Re: Firefly Malcom Reynolds Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:51 am

skywalkersaga

Thanks for sharing! Love the pics!  I love you

And ah, wow, I had no idea there was a second 'better' head. I mean, personally I am not someone who requires all  my figures to be 100% realistic -- generally what I aim for moreso is that my figures from the same 'verse or story go along with each other. So, if I have slightly more stylized figures, I don't mind, as long as the other characters (either official or custom) match them in style and aesthetic.  But that said, the second head does look really good, for the simple fact that the more detailed paint job gives him a bit more of his real 'character', which for me is the whole point of these figures...to capture something of the fictional character that I love and 'bring it to life' so to speak. Smile But if I'd just seen the old 'bad' head, I would not think it was completely terrible or not worth having, just a bit basic and older style of headsculpt, like older Sideshow style (though still with better paintjob than many of those, haha). I probably would have just thought 'oh i'll just repaint it or get it custom painted at some point', lol.

So, I take it that the 'better' head is available with all the boxed figures? I ask cause I was unsure about picking this one up, but may do so after all (if I can find it).

It's truly such a shame they never made the rest of the crew....poor Mal just seems so lonely flying around the Black without them. ;p

23Firefly Malcom Reynolds - Page 2 Empty Re: Firefly Malcom Reynolds Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:00 am

Peaches

Yah, I wish they would make the rest of the crew Sad  I just made Zoe on Blender/Make Human, and am going to see if my Nephew can 3d print it for me???  If that works, I might be in business Very Happy

Yes, all of the boxes out there should have the new/better heads in them.  There is a special edition with an additional gun, but I didn't get that one.  From reviews, I believe that's all you get, the extra gun Smile

Thanks Striker, that's what I planned on. Only thing is I'm so busy, so it could be years before I get around to it, LOL. I also have dioramas I've started and need to finish, ugh!

24Firefly Malcom Reynolds - Page 2 Empty Re: Firefly Malcom Reynolds Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:01 am

skywalkersaga

Gotcha, that's great to know!

and oooh, good luck with the 3d printing...hope that works out!! Smile

25Firefly Malcom Reynolds - Page 2 Empty Re: Firefly Malcom Reynolds Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:04 am

Peaches

Peaches
Thanks, he's a busy guy so I'm not sure how that'll go Very Happy Though he told me he'd print for me "any time" I think I'll send him my model and see what he says, LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum