OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mugs...

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Mugs... Empty Mugs... Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:37 pm

PureEnergy

Can you name five faces that you’d like to see immortalized in high-quality, 1:6 scale Sculpts?

1)  ?

2)  ?

3)  ?

4)  ?

5)  ?

2Mugs... Empty Re: Mugs... Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:43 pm

dadrab

dadrab
Yep...five ought to about do it for this wish list...

Ritchie Blackmore
Jon Lord
Ian Paice
Ian Gilllan
Roger Glover

That'll give me a classic what?

3Mugs... Empty Re: Mugs... Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:20 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
dadrab wrote:Yep...five ought to about do it for this wish list...

Ritchie Blackmore
Jon Lord
Ian Paice
Ian Gilllan
Roger Glover

That'll give me a classic what?

Deep Purple.

I’d like to see:

Michelle Yeoh
Mugs... Michel10

Burt Lancaster
Mugs... Proxy_19

Olga Kurylenko
Mugs... Proxy_20

James Garner
Mugs... Proxy_21

Caroline Munroe
Mugs... Proxy_22

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Mugs... C8485110

4Mugs... Empty Re: Mugs... Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:25 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Okay...my two cents worth....

1. Richard Burton (As Col. Faulkner, The Wild Geese)

2. Jack Lord (As Steve McGarrett)

3. Khigh Dhiegh (As Wo Fat)

4. Hans Gudegast (AKA Eric Braeden) as Capt Dietrich, Rat Patrol

5. Hayley Atwell (Agent Carter)

5Mugs... Empty Re: Mugs... Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:36 am

PureEnergy

Interesting responses, most certainly…  

Deep Purple?  I could not have ever expected that, Dadrab - but that would be quite cool.    

Haley Atwell?  Indeed, TPB.  Possibly top 20, but not likely among my first five.  Excellent answers, though.  

Olga would have to be on my own list, as well, Stryker...   It would appear that you’ve a fancy for Bond girls.    

By the way, there is (or has been) a Caroline Munroe figure by Phicen and Executive Replicas…  

Mugs... Cm110

6Mugs... Empty Re: Mugs... Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:50 am

blackpool

blackpool
1- Keira Knightley
Mugs... Keira-knightley-je-soigne-tout-avec-une-tasse-de-the-d255367bad330b74d9d417ad3bf6bac4891f6194

2- Harvey Keitel
Mugs... Th?id=OIP

3- Woody Harrelson
Mugs... Truedetective-feat-480x279

4- Jodie Foster
Mugs... Jodie_Foster_4

5- Owen Wilson & Ben Stiller
Mugs... SgCGcorB84el

I know I got weird tastes lol

7Mugs... Empty Re: Mugs... Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:59 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
PureEnergy wrote:Olga would have to be on my own list, as well, Stryker...   It would appear that you’ve a fancy for Bond girls.    

By the way, there is (or has been) a Caroline Munroe figure by Phicen and Executive Replicas…  

Mugs... Cm110

I have that "Caroline Munroe" figure -- it just doesn't look anything like her.

And I honestly didn't even think of the Bond connection until you mentioned it, but I guess it would make sense that the Bond franchise would end up using some of the hottest women walking the Earth. I've been a fan of Michelle Yeoh since the 80s (long before her Bond days), and I think more fondly of Ms. Munroe from her Golden Voyage of Sinbad and Hammer days. Olga -- well, all I can say is Hitman...

Mugs... C8485110

8Mugs... Empty Re: Mugs... Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:21 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Here's my five.

1 - Ann Wilson
2 - Nancy Wilson
3 - Pat Benatar
4 - Joan Jett
5 - Stevie Nicks

(of the 1980's)

9Mugs... Empty Re: Mugs... Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:01 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Here's my five.

1 - Ann Wilson
2 - Nancy Wilson
3 - Pat Benatar
4 - Joan Jett
5 - Stevie Nicks

(of the 1980's)

Interesting selection

10Mugs... Empty Re: Mugs... Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:43 pm

PureEnergy

I don’t think that your responses are weird, Blackpool.  But are there not decent versions of Knightly and Foster already available?  

And I, too, would appreciate a Harrelson Sculpt.  He’s cool.  And Stiller, LOL, I love that guy.

Sorry, Stryker.  That’s a shame that they didn’t adequately capture Munroe’s likeness to your liking.  It looks to be a good Sculpt, nonetheless, though.  

I certainly think that the essence of resemblance is something more specific than just general features.  Every individual seems to wear a particular expression that is their own, and a successful rendering would ideally possess both characteristic physical features as well as that subtle presence of attitude.  

It’s a tall order, surely - but it is possible - as we’ve seen it accomplished often enough to know so...

Bad Wolf, those are excellent selections, indeed.  

Heart has never been underappreciated - and yet, they still seem somewhat underrated; Ann Wilson’s power is absolutely spellbinding.  

And speaking of spellbinding, Stevie is so enigmatic and captivating…  

But I must ask, are these really your top five choices, or just random picks from off the cuff?

11Mugs... Empty Re: Mugs... Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:58 am

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
PureEnergy wrote: Bad Wolf, those are excellent selections, indeed.  

Heart has never been underappreciated - and yet, they still seem somewhat underrated; Ann Wilson’s power is absolutely spellbinding.  

And speaking of spellbinding, Stevie is so enigmatic and captivating…  

But I must ask, are these really your top five choices, or just random picks from off the cuff?

Very true, Heart is still my top favorite rock group (Barracuda) and I seen them twice in concert back in the 1980's, as I recall Nancy Wilson was a
total goddess back in the day. And Stevie Nicks Oh Ya!

These are my top five choices.

12Mugs... Empty Re: Mugs... Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:41 pm

PureEnergy

Bad Wolf, yes - Barracuda…  Also, Magic Man, Crazy On You...  

And I concur that Ann and Nancy Wilson (and Stevie Nicks, as well) are, indeed, goddesses…  

I yet must say that I’m quite surprised at some of these replies.  I suppose that I’d half expected that many of you would name VS models and contemporary "It" girls; not that such would have been platitudinous, LOL - but I’m impressed by the relative sophistication and originality of your collective answers.  It’s very refreshing, to say the least.

This is a challenging question, isn’t it?  The difficulty is presented by the task of endeavoring to prioritize five top selections, when clearly there are so many.  

We’ll have to consider these lists as being current, if only momentarily so, and certainly subject to change at any time.  

I'm still working on mine...

13Mugs... Empty Re: Mugs... Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:06 pm

Ovy

Ovy
I'm still working on mine...
Yeah, me too!

Also, one favorite face with 5 different expressions would be great. xD

Anyway, I ask anyone to add pictures to their lists. While most are known, some are not.

14Mugs... Empty Re: Mugs... Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:50 pm

Peaches

Peaches
1. Gina Torres
2. Rupert Grint (OK, not beautiful, but adorably dorky tongue )
3. I'll add Stevie Nicks as well.  She doesn't have the structure of a typical beauty and her nose is wide, but the total is very pretty and at least she'd be different!  She'd have to have a 5' tall body with small boobs (why are there no small boobs?) it would look best for SN type clothes, and useful if you wanted to do 1920's
4. Katharine Hepburn, she could be turned into a great evil character, or anything she's ever played.  She can be a beauty or look like Cruella Deville
5. Liza Minnelli, she could use Stevie Nick's body  Wink  

And we need a lot more non-beauty females, like we have for the boys Smile

15Mugs... Empty Re: Mugs... Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:38 pm

PureEnergy

Ovy, indeed, I dig that notion and I have said that myself a time or two...

And Peaches, another vote for Ms. Nicks?  That’s uncanny…  I think that such would ultimately require a Don Henley, though, in all fairness…

Like a Star @ heaven ”You in the moonlight, with your sleepy eyes…” Like a Star @ heaven

Peaches wrote:why are there no small boobs?

Unfortunately, perhaps the only honest answer to your question is that it’s a male-dominated industry and too many designers have Peter Pan Syndrome and / or “mommy” issues.  Many here seem to have long been lobbying for more diversity across the spectrum, with regard for both body type as well as ethnicity.

16Mugs... Empty Re: Mugs... Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:04 pm

Jean Ross

I'm old, stuck in the sixties, and only interested in figures I can put on a horse, so here's my top 5:

Steve McQueen,
Native American Warrior,
Yul Brynner
Clayton Moore
Roy Rogers

17Mugs... Empty Re: Mugs... Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:59 pm

PureEnergy

Peaches, Gina Torres is an exquisite choice, by the way...  

Jean Ross wrote:I'm old, stuck in the sixties, and only interested in figures I can put on a horse...

scratch

Honestly, I’m not old enough to remember, but I would've sworn that we had automobiles in the ‘60s…  

…  I’m assuming that you did mean the 1960’s, that is…   Laughing

Indeed, Native Americans are, of course, shamefully underrepresented.  

Yul Brynner is a fantastic idea...  Charlton Heston and Steve McQueen are surprisingly absent...  And perhaps most especially so with consideration for the demographics of hobbyists...

18Mugs... Empty Re: Mugs... Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:25 pm

Peaches

Peaches
Yes, @PureEnergy, fixed it, LOL. I'm horrible with names, and was planning on double checking, but got distracted tongue

19Mugs... Empty Re: Mugs... Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:51 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I had a couple Charlton Heston sculpts custom made (one is already painted, and another is in the process); both were done for Planet of the Apes. He’s my favorite actor, and that is my favorite movie. Sideshow did a version of Chuck from Planet of the Apes a while back, and for the time it was okay, but pretty bad by today’s standards.

Mugs... C8485110

20Mugs... Empty Re: Mugs... Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:11 pm

Peaches

Peaches
You're scaring me, @Stryker2011 'cause I'm planning on trying my hand at customizing and it's gonna come off the shelf except for what I paint and what I sew so.... I'm likely not going to be too successful with the "today's standards"!  LOL

21Mugs... Empty Re: Mugs... Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:15 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yul Brynner has been done (kinda). Check out the Ramesses II figure by Valley of the Kings (= Mystical Forge?).

22Mugs... Empty Re: Mugs... Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:20 pm

PureEnergy

There…  As if it were never anything other, Peaches…  I love the new avatar.  She reminds me of Amelia Earhart...

Stryker, I am suddenly unsurprised...

And Guv, I must find and examine that Yul Brynner figure...

23Mugs... Empty Re: Mugs... Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:34 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Stryker2011 wrote:I had a couple Charlton Heston sculpts custom made (one is already painted, and another is in the process); both were done for Planet of the Apes. He’s my favorite actor, and that is my favorite movie. Sideshow did a version of Chuck from Planet of the Apes a while back, and for the time it was okay, but pretty bad by today’s standards.

"YOU MANIACS! YOU BLEW IT UP! AH, DAMN YOU! GOD DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!!"

One of my favorite films, actually.

24Mugs... Empty Re: Mugs... Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:36 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Peaches wrote:You're scaring me, @Stryker2011 'cause I'm planning on trying my hand at customizing and it's gonna come off the shelf except for what I paint and what I sew so.... I'm likely not going to be too successful with the "today's standards"!  LOL

No worries, Peaches. I myself don’t have the skills to do anything “up to today’s standards” either. As a customizer, I suck. I paid a head sculptor to make the heads, and I paid a head sculpt painter to paint the 1st head; still waiting on one of the best head sculpt painters to paint up the second Chuck head (and a Linda Harrison/Nova sculpt I had commissioned — that one was made bald, so I’ll have to add her hair when the paint work is done). I’ll end up doing their costumes, what there is of them, but those won’t look anywhere near as good as the painted heads (which I had nothing to do with, other than giving advice and suggestions on tweaks during the 3D rendering process).

Other than that, please don’t be nervous, or shy, about posting your work. There are all levels of customizers and bashers out there, and everyone has to start somewhere.

Mugs... C8485110

25Mugs... Empty Re: Mugs... Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:37 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:"YOU MANIACS! YOU BLEW IT UP! AH, DAMN YOU! GOD DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!!"  

One of the best lines, in one of the most iconic scenes.

Mugs... C8485110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum