OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should OSF have an archive/"Old work" section?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Rogerbee

Founding Father
That isn't such a bad idea,

I can see that Guber, DFC and I are going to have to have a bit of a pow wow sometime.

CHEERS!

shazzdan

Those three categories should see fairly even activity too. There is nothing worse than a site with lots of subforums but only one or two of them get the majority of the traffic.

https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/OneSixthArsenal

Rogerbee

Founding Father
Sounds good to me, just have to see what the other two think.

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I am not thrilled by the idea of subforums, as I have always enjoyed seeing postings across the whole range of our hobby. That said, I recognized the need for streamlining and organization. One thing I have been missing from the old forum are the tags that we could add to new topics (threads). After working my way through the Forumotion help files, the easiest solution to that appears to be the insertion of hashtags on the first post in a topic. For example, #military or #civilian or #fantasy and so on. Keep that in mind when creating new threads. If you have created a thread (topic) already, you can go back and insert them by editing your first post. The moderators and I will try to go through existing threads to do this -- as much to help sort things out as to test it out.
You can then search via the hashtags and you can even set up hashtags to follow in Profile.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
I'm easy either way so long as we can find what we want when we want. Do we wait for DFC and see what he thinks?

CHEERS

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Rogerbee wrote:I'm easy either way so long as we can find what we want when we want. Do we wait for DFC and see what he thinks? CHEERS

I believe DFC has repeatedly indicated his support for members to just go ahead and post their old work (in responses to Fox and Tank Girl). And I agree. This is a brand new venue, and it takes time to accumulate new work, so if members wish to display, discuss, or remind us of their previous bashes, scenes, etc., they should go ahead and do this (several are already doing this anyway, to universal delight). And with the hashtags, sorting should be easy enough.

dadrab

dadrab
Interesting discussion.

I see validity in all the arguments.

I'm not such a huge fan of subforums, but when well managed, they can can be of huge organizational benefit. The deliberations above are fruitful.

I might be inclined to go along with GF's rationale above. Just post it here. When and if the necessity arises, posts can be rearranged. Couple that with the fact that I'm basically lazy these days and haven't been working on much, retro posts are about all I've got working.

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
So does this mean I can finally post my 1:6 diorama of the "Springtime For Hitler" vignette from The 1:6 Producers along with a homage of nude and semi-nude female seamless bodies inspired by SHOWGIRLS?

What?

Too soon?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
DeltaForceChung wrote:So does this mean I can finally post my 1:6 diorama of the "Springtime For Hitler" vignette from The 1:6 Producers along with a homage of nude and semi-nude female seamless bodies inspired by SHOWGIRLS? What? Too soon?

You have a Will Ferrell custom dancing around in WW2 uniform?

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Well, that took a turn, LOL!

CHEERS!

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
DeltaForceChung wrote:So does this mean I can finally post my 1:6 diorama of the "Springtime For Hitler" vignette from The 1:6 Producers along with a homage of nude and semi-nude female seamless bodies inspired by SHOWGIRLS?

What?

Too soon?

GubernatorFan wrote:
DeltaForceChung wrote:So does this mean I can finally post my 1:6 diorama of the "Springtime For Hitler" vignette from The 1:6 Producers along with a homage of nude and semi-nude female seamless bodies inspired by SHOWGIRLS? What? Too soon?

You have a Will Ferrell custom dancing around in WW2 uniform?

Rogerbee wrote:Well, that took a turn, LOL!

CHEERS!

Razz Laughing  Wink Now that I would like to see!!

Okay, it sounds like we have a plan, so hopefully soon I'll start porting over some old threads and see how the response is, and I'll try to remember about the hashtags and putting "archive" or "old" in the title. If at any point you guys start to find it annoying, please tell me!  Crying or Very sad tongue

Thanks again to all for the feedback.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum