OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TOYS WORKS New: 1/6 Miss Jones Miss Jones can move TW007

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
TOYS WORKS TW007 1/6 Miss Jones Miss Jones is a moving doll

Head carvings and body accessories:
Head and Body parts:

★ hair transplant head carving x1
Head sculpt with rooted hair
★ body x1
Articulated female figure body
★Hand type x3 pair
Hands x 3 pairs

Dress Accessories:
Costume:

★ leather jacket
Leather Jacket
★ Undershirt
Shirt
★ Jeans
Jeans
★ Leather boots
Boots
★ half gloves
Fingerless gloves
scarf
Scarf

Other Accessories:
Other Accessories:

★Satchel
Shoulder Bag
★Camera
Camera
★ platform x1

Figure Stand

MissJones - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS WORKS New: 1/6 Miss Jones Miss Jones can move TW007 19163610
MissJones - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS WORKS New: 1/6 Miss Jones Miss Jones can move TW007 19163612
MissJones - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS WORKS New: 1/6 Miss Jones Miss Jones can move TW007 19163611
MissJones - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS WORKS New: 1/6 Miss Jones Miss Jones can move TW007 19163613
MissJones - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS WORKS New: 1/6 Miss Jones Miss Jones can move TW007 19163614
MissJones - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS WORKS New: 1/6 Miss Jones Miss Jones can move TW007 19163615
MissJones - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS WORKS New: 1/6 Miss Jones Miss Jones can move TW007 19163616
MissJones - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS WORKS New: 1/6 Miss Jones Miss Jones can move TW007 19164310

#newproduct #ToysWorks #MissJones #TV #Netflix #female #comicbook

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Some nice details, like the holes in the jeans, but the likeness just doesn't seem even close.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yeah, my first reaction when I saw this...

MissJones - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS WORKS New: 1/6 Miss Jones Miss Jones can move TW007 19163617

... is I see less of Kristen Ritter...

MissJones - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS WORKS New: 1/6 Miss Jones Miss Jones can move TW007 Kryste10

... and more of Holly Marie Combs:

MissJones - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS WORKS New: 1/6 Miss Jones Miss Jones can move TW007 Proxy_29

He who dies with the most toys wins!

MissJones - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS WORKS New: 1/6 Miss Jones Miss Jones can move TW007 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Not being familiar with the original actor and character, I thought this looks great.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
I had thought on the previous release that they over-exaggerated some of her more angular features. But watching season 2, I realized that Ritter really is just that sharp looking, and how dead on that sculpt was. This new sculpt softens all her features and totally misses all of that.

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
this looks fantastic!

https://www.hellblazerbiz.com

JYMachine

JYMachine
ReverendSpooky wrote:I had thought on the previous release that they over-exaggerated some of her more angular features.  But watching season 2, I realized that Ritter really is just that sharp looking, and how dead on that sculpt was.  This new sculpt softens all her features and totally misses all of that.  

Sorry new guy here with a new guy kinda question. Did Toys Works do a 'previous release' of Jessica Jones? The only other JJ version I've seen was sold through OneSixthKit (the clothes/body combo was sold separately from the head which is still there). Would be interested in seeing how the earlier attempt worked out if anyone has more info (my Googling failed).

I think the sculpt from Kit is a better - but more pricey - likeness. That said, overall TW's figure looks good to me.

Ovy

Ovy
I guess Miss Jones is acquainted with Mr. Matt, another character totally unrelated to the Marvel-Netflix Franchise... xD

But yes, she looks like someone accurately cosyplaying her but not being the actress.

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
just a pity that this show along with Daredevil, Johnny Cage, and now Punisher have all been cancelled Sad

https://www.hellblazerbiz.com

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
lurpdog101 wrote:just a pity that this show along with Daredevil, Johnny Cage, and now Punisher have all been cancelled Sad

Maybe they’ll be revived on the new Disney pay channel.

MissJones - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS WORKS New: 1/6 Miss Jones Miss Jones can move TW007 C8485110

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
JYMachine wrote:
ReverendSpooky wrote:I had thought on the previous release that they over-exaggerated some of her more angular features.  But watching season 2, I realized that Ritter really is just that sharp looking, and how dead on that sculpt was.  This new sculpt softens all her features and totally misses all of that.  

Sorry new guy here with a new guy kinda question. Did Toys Works do a 'previous release' of Jessica Jones? The only other JJ version I've seen was sold through OneSixthKit (the clothes/body combo was sold separately from the head which is still there). Would be interested in seeing how the earlier attempt worked out if anyone has more info (my Googling failed).

I think the sculpt from Kit is a better - but more pricey - likeness. That said, overall TW's figure looks good to me.

Welcome new guy!  And no, the previous version I was referring to is the one Kit is selling.  Not sure what the price is on the new one, but while the older head is pretty expensive alone, I think it comes to like $210 for everything all together.  So not quite Hot Toys prices, but somewhere in that range.  I didn't pick it up, but a friend did and I liked it a lot.  I think the likeness was spot on, the quality was great, the leather jacket looked nicer, and I think the body type looked closer to the actual actress.  I also think the head looks even better in person than it does online. Personally, I think was well worth the extra money.  Heads seem to still be available but unfortunately not seeing the rest of the set on ebay anymore.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Depending on the price, one could get the OSK/Vimal sculpt, this set, and swap out the heads. Then with the leftover head from this one, you'd be 1/3 of the way (head sculpt-wise) to being able to create the Charmed girls. Wink

blackpool

blackpool
nice release, I dig the gloves and the fitted jacket personally, the rest can be found loose quite easily...

About the likeness I'm a bit torn, on some pics it looks like her, on others it could be michelle rodriguez, to the point where I'm wondering if the shots have been strongly edited...

@reverendspooky I totally agree with you as I own the osk headsculpt, it's pretty good, and if some facial features seem a bit exagerated at first sight, they are not that much and really helps identifying her as Krysten Ritter and no other brunette Smile

MerylAkiba

The side view looks somewhat okay. I like the wash of the jeans on this figure. I bought the OSK JJ for my sis on Xmas from eBay. She really likes it.  I don't know if I want this set for myself. Although, If I get the  ACPlay Magnet Girl and MXtoys Polaris Talents, I could make a rowdy PI gang

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Kit has this up for $120 USD (includes shipping) - so, theoretically you could get this and the OSK head sculpt, and it would be a $192 figure.

Skippy

KGH put her up for the equivalent of $133, so when Kit priced her at $120 I thought it was a discount in the hope it might help sell the Vimal heads.

Yet, TNS have now listed her at $118, so it's just KGH looking expensive this time, which is unusual.

I have the Ganghood/Vimal set, but have always felt the jacket and boots were too small, and the jeans too pale. Apart from the sculpt the Toys Works looks the better figure.

And even concerning the Toys Works sculpt, it doesn't look the same in every photo. In some it looks like they've repainted Vimal's, and in others it looks like a heavily photoshopped Vimal.

I ordered her for $108 at TNS after using a reward code, so it's not too bad regardless how the sculpt ends up. I'll put the Vimal head onto the new figure.

blackpool

blackpool
Here is OSK's head in action, not perfect but definitely better likeness thanks to some facial features and details!

MissJones - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS WORKS New: 1/6 Miss Jones Miss Jones can move TW007 Jessicajones_01

Cobratrooper11

Cobratrooper11
realistically, was this even necessary? i mean decent looking outfit, but that head... oh my that is very bad, and kinda creepy. actually looks like Michael Jackson became a woman.

Skippy

There's a good reason why the retailers - who usually open the box of a new figure and take a few quick photos for their Facebook - didn't take any photos of Toys Works' Jessica Jones.

She's not good. Sad

She's tiny. There's no weathering or holes in the jeans, which look a completely different colour and material.

MissJones - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS WORKS New: 1/6 Miss Jones Miss Jones can move TW007 48345380362_3a4979c923_o

Here she is with the Ganghood/Vimal figure:

MissJones - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS WORKS New: 1/6 Miss Jones Miss Jones can move TW007 48345380267_484d5eda0d_o

Without her boots the Toys Works Jessica is 10.5" tall, making her 5' 3". Krysten Ritter is 5' 8".

This is Furiosa all over again.

One thing I can say is that, judging by the nose profile, the sculpt isn't a recast of Vimal's.

I was going to donate the messenger bag to the Vimal/Ganghood figure, but I actually prefer the DiD Coleman gas mask bag I'm already using. So all that leaves is the camera, which is quite a cheap looking rubbery thing.

Besides the rubbery hands she comes packed with, which have the fingerless gloves on, she also has pairs of trigger finger and gripping hands. The trigger hands are lighter than the gripping hands, so they wouldn't look right if you mixed them.

Even the stand is crap!

It's one of those Red Team ones I usually get on Ebay, but the upright part is so loose in the base that it flops around. It'll need to be glued to provide any kind of actual support.

Here she is after rubbing some chalk into the jeans:

MissJones - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS WORKS New: 1/6 Miss Jones Miss Jones can move TW007 48345695101_1fb7226e2a_o

I intended to put the Vimal sculpt on this and have an upgraded figure. Instead the original Jessica is back where she came from:

MissJones - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS WORKS New: 1/6 Miss Jones Miss Jones can move TW007 48345893577_15dfc05a66_o

And teen Jessica has joined Mystery Incorporated as their official photographer:

MissJones - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS WORKS New: 1/6 Miss Jones Miss Jones can move TW007 48345962857_aa4722c431_c

blackpool

blackpool
Very sorry to see that, I must agree she is not pleasing the eye as much as your custom one.

I have the same headsculpt and it was so good in terms of likeness, my expectations were not high on the new figure except for the outfit... Very surprising from toyworks since their kingpin wilson fisk was more than decent, from tailoring to headsculpt it is a good figure.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
So sorry for the disappointment...  Sad

But for what it's worth, I think your custom Jessica Jones is really nice. Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Skippy

blackpool wrote:Very sorry to see that, I must agree she is not pleasing the eye as much as your custom one.

I have the same headsculpt and it was so good in terms of likeness, my expectations were not high on the new figure except for the outfit... Very surprising from toyworks since their kingpin wilson fisk was more than decent, from tailoring to headsculpt it is a good figure.

Yes, Kingpin was good. The sculpt looks better than Vincent 'Baby Face' D'Onofrio himself.

skywalkersaga wrote:So sorry for the disappointment...  Sad

But for what it's worth, I think your custom Jessica Jones is really nice. Smile

I was hoping for the best as I'm not usually disappointed by these kinds of figures. But this one failed in so many areas. The scale is the main issue.  The jeans look all right weathered, but they're a far cry from what was advertised.

I couldn't get a decent photo of the face, but the sculpt and paintwork are actually pretty good. There's life in the eyes and she looks a little pissed (probably because they didn't make her taller!) She reminds me of the expressive Ace Vietnam girls.

It's a case of being disappointed that it isn't the outfit upgrade they teased, yet being pleased with how she actually looks on the shelf. It was the same with VTS' Furiosa: she was useless as Charlize Theron from Fury Road, yet still a great looking figure of a teen Furiosa.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Since she is so under-sized, I wonder if the headsculpt would work with one of the smaller tbleague bodies....

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I can only echo what others have said, and especially that your custom figure looks great. It is disappointing that they have ended up providing an undersized figure and a set that does not match the promotional images. That said, your chalk application does seem to have given it a more worn, realistic look, and she does look well on the Mystery Inc shelf. As for a teen Furiosa, there's a good idea; in fact weren't they going to do a character origin story for her with the next Mad Max movie? Maybe they can do it with action figures and save substantially on costs... Smile

Skippy

skywalkersaga wrote:Since she is so under-sized, I wonder if the headsculpt would work with one of the smaller tbleague bodies....

I think it probably would.

GubernatorFan wrote:I can only echo what others have said, and especially that your custom figure looks great. It is disappointing that they have ended up providing an undersized figure and a set that does not match the promotional images. That said, your chalk application does seem to have given it a more worn, realistic look, and she does look well on the Mystery Inc shelf. As for a teen Furiosa, there's a good idea; in fact weren't they going to do a character origin story for her with the next Mad Max movie? Maybe they can do it with action figures and save substantially on costs... Smile

The custom was One Sixth Kit's super group of Vimal Kerketta's sculpt, Eleven's paint and Ganghood's clothing.

I didn't know about the possibility of an origin story, but I remembered this fan art of a young Furiosa:

MissJones - NEW PRODUCT: TOYS WORKS New: 1/6 Miss Jones Miss Jones can move TW007 62959610

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum