OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TOYS WORKS New: 1/6 Miss Jones Miss Jones can move TW007

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Skippy

blackpool wrote:Very sorry to see that, I must agree she is not pleasing the eye as much as your custom one.

I have the same headsculpt and it was so good in terms of likeness, my expectations were not high on the new figure except for the outfit... Very surprising from toyworks since their kingpin wilson fisk was more than decent, from tailoring to headsculpt it is a good figure.

Yes, Kingpin was good. The sculpt looks better than Vincent 'Baby Face' D'Onofrio himself.

skywalkersaga wrote:So sorry for the disappointment...  Sad

But for what it's worth, I think your custom Jessica Jones is really nice. Smile

I was hoping for the best as I'm not usually disappointed by these kinds of figures. But this one failed in so many areas. The scale is the main issue.  The jeans look all right weathered, but they're a far cry from what was advertised.

I couldn't get a decent photo of the face, but the sculpt and paintwork are actually pretty good. There's life in the eyes and she looks a little pissed (probably because they didn't make her taller!) She reminds me of the expressive Ace Vietnam girls.

It's a case of being disappointed that it isn't the outfit upgrade they teased, yet being pleased with how she actually looks on the shelf. It was the same with VTS' Furiosa: she was useless as Charlize Theron from Fury Road, yet still a great looking figure of a teen Furiosa.

skywalkersaga

Since she is so under-sized, I wonder if the headsculpt would work with one of the smaller tbleague bodies....

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I can only echo what others have said, and especially that your custom figure looks great. It is disappointing that they have ended up providing an undersized figure and a set that does not match the promotional images. That said, your chalk application does seem to have given it a more worn, realistic look, and she does look well on the Mystery Inc shelf. As for a teen Furiosa, there's a good idea; in fact weren't they going to do a character origin story for her with the next Mad Max movie? Maybe they can do it with action figures and save substantially on costs... Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Skippy

skywalkersaga wrote:Since she is so under-sized, I wonder if the headsculpt would work with one of the smaller tbleague bodies....

I think it probably would.

GubernatorFan wrote:I can only echo what others have said, and especially that your custom figure looks great. It is disappointing that they have ended up providing an undersized figure and a set that does not match the promotional images. That said, your chalk application does seem to have given it a more worn, realistic look, and she does look well on the Mystery Inc shelf. As for a teen Furiosa, there's a good idea; in fact weren't they going to do a character origin story for her with the next Mad Max movie? Maybe they can do it with action figures and save substantially on costs... Smile

The custom was One Sixth Kit's super group of Vimal Kerketta's sculpt, Eleven's paint and Ganghood's clothing.

I didn't know about the possibility of an origin story, but I remembered this fan art of a young Furiosa:

NEW PRODUCT: TOYS WORKS New: 1/6 Miss Jones Miss Jones can move TW007 - Page 2 62959610

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Asta wrote:I didn't know about the possibility of an origin story, but I remembered this fan art of a young Furiosa

Oh that would totally work -- on one of those petite TBLeague bodies. Yes, the next Mad Max movie was rumored to feature no Mad Max at all, just Furiosa's earlier years, explaining how she became an "imperator" and (maybe) how she lost her arm and all that. I like Furiosa, but I felt they would short-changing Mad Max after all. But anyway, all that was years ago, and I haven't heard anything about it since.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Sorry to hear this turned out so poorly. Bummer, Asta.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: TOYS WORKS New: 1/6 Miss Jones Miss Jones can move TW007 - Page 2 C8485110

Skippy

I tried to get better photos of the sculpt. This is with the flash on:

NEW PRODUCT: TOYS WORKS New: 1/6 Miss Jones Miss Jones can move TW007 - Page 2 48353498442_ff8ddac540_o

NEW PRODUCT: TOYS WORKS New: 1/6 Miss Jones Miss Jones can move TW007 - Page 2 48353363956_814e274819_o

I like it as a sculpt, because it's unusual even if it's not Krysten Ritter.

It has a bit of attitude, like those Vietnam War girls from Ace.

But if this is the way these companies are going to treat us, then it's no wonder they use so many company names and keep inventing new ones. I've become a lot warier recently and have been ignoring figures that I'd have likely pre-ordered in the past. And this figure really bears out that suspicion.

ukshaun

ukshaun
Cobratrooper11 wrote:realistically, was this even necessary? i mean decent looking outfit, but that head... oh my that is very bad, and kinda creepy. actually looks like Michael Jackson became a woman.

I am not seeing MJ
Agreed, the likeness to Jessica Jones could be better.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum