OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OSF Member Introductions . . .

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 30]

51OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:04 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Welcome aboard to all our new members, whether with old names or new, or a whole bunch of them (looking at you, MarkEl). Wink

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

52OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty New member Brassco Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:03 pm

brassco

Hi, just joined today upon invitation from Gubernator Fan.

My first forum was onesixthwarriors. I joined last year June, but was collecting figure around Oct 2016. My first encounter with 1/6th was actually way back, when Phicen first released their first generation seamless figure. However, due to the lack of clothes or accessories, I stopped after 2 figures. Never did i imagine this hobby to have gain such diversity, now anything is possible.

There is learning curve along the way to do this hobby, but it's the forums that sparked something new in my interest that raised the level of my enthusiasm. To share knowledge, pictures, thoughts etc.

I hoped this forum will grow, and will be more opened than the previous forum i frequent. (for example, i can do posts on political figures without worrying deletion from administrators)

Cheers!

53OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:38 pm

DeltaForceChung

brassco wrote:Hi, just joined today upon invitation from Gubernator Fan.

My first forum was onesixthwarriors. I joined last year June, but was collecting figure around Oct 2016. My first encounter with 1/6th was actually way back, when Phicen first released their first generation seamless figure. However, due to the lack of clothes or accessories, I stopped after 2 figures. Never did i imagine this hobby to have gain such diversity, now anything is possible.

There is learning curve along the way to do this hobby, but it's the forums that sparked something new in my interest that raised the level of my enthusiasm. To share knowledge, pictures, thoughts etc.

I hoped this forum will grow, and will be more opened than the previous forum i frequent. (for example, i can do posts on political figures without worrying deletion from administrators)

Cheers!

--

Glad to see you made it here.

I understand what you mean about political figures, but "discretion is the better part of valor".

I've been meaning to post/share this for the longest.

Wink Razz

DISCLAIMER: The picture is from another 1:6 collector, but the dialogue is by me.

OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Hold-o10

54OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:13 am

BAD WOLF-787

Welcome aboard brassco it's good to see you here!

Do I need to down size my signature photo?

55OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:44 am

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Welcome aboard brassco it's good to see you here!

--

Nice signature picture/avatar.

It's up to you, but consider reducing it by 50% and see if makes a difference for you.

56OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:59 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
New rule:

Ok, let's nip it in the bud... as much as we all enjoy political humor, we do not always agree. So, lest this forum becomes infected by the toxic atmosphere of so-called political discourse in our society, from this point on political posts will be deleted at the discretion of the management.

57OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:00 am

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
GubernatorFan wrote:New rule:

Ok, let's nip it in the bud... as much as we all enjoy political humor, we do not always agree. So, lest this forum becomes infected by the toxic atmosphere of so-called political discourse in our society, from this point on political posts will be deleted at the discretion of the management.

--

Sounds fair, reasonable, and not heavy handed at all.

So be it.

58OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:55 am

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
DeltaForceChung wrote:
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Welcome aboard brassco it's good to see you here!

--

Nice signature picture/avatar.

It's up to you, but consider reducing it by 50% and see if makes a difference for you.

Is my new signature photo better?

59OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:54 am

brassco

brassco
GubernatorFan wrote:New rule:

[picture deleted]

is this considered political?

answered.

60OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:42 am

MarkEl

Isn’t anything to do with Arnie potentially political considering he was the governor of the 5th largest economy of the world and all? Once you’ve been a politician, how do you separate it? GubernatorFan! ;-)

I also reserve the right to change my username and branding as it was good enough for Phicen AKA TBLeague .

*just discovered emojis don’t work in the mobile version of this. Know my intent is loaded with winks.

61OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:00 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
brassco -- well, if that image exposes us to the wrath of hackers from a certain area, it would be great fun watching this forum crash and burn. I do hope we are too small fry to be noticed, considered a threat, and punished. Generally, you should consider another's possible perspective -- what if this is the fearless leader you voted for and someone wants to poke fun at him? The question is not about who is right and who is wrong, but whether this forum is the place to make such arguments (in the form of posts and images) and whether this would (a) offend and (b) lead to complications of any nature. I would err on the side of caution, and posting a potentially controversial image even to ask if it is unacceptable might be considered more questionable than cunning.

MarkEl -- you have every right to choose whatever moniker you want for whatever venue you choose to frequent. Just hard to get used to it. As for the Gubernator, he was Terminator (1, 2, whatever) long before he was governor of California, so such images are clearly in reference to the character and movies, and have nothing to do with politics. I was going to say something about the political aspects, but then remembered we are trying to keep them out... for a reason.

62OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:14 am

dadrab

dadrab
Good call on the political stuff.

There's not a faster way in the world to screw up a fun conversation that the injection of politics.

Those discussions have their places, but not here, me thinks.

63OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:35 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you, dadrab, I'm glad you agree.

64OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:39 am

MarkEl

Sounds good GubernatorFan. Agreed, the topic never ends well.

65OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:44 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
MarkEl wrote:Sounds good  GubernatorFan.   Agreed, the topic never ends well.  

Glad we agree. I am a firm believer in free speech and the right of people to express themselves, but unfortunately political, social, religious, etc. discourse these days has taken a turn for the worse with self-righteous assertions and recriminations. I would be the last person to want to censure anyone or edit or delete their work (whether I agree with it or not), so I am hoping members will exercise good judgment to begin with. And I know you were being a little facetious in the earlier post anyway.

As for emojis in mobile, you can report this in the technical issues sticky thread (I don't want to hijack this one), but my look through the settings failed to turn up anything useful so far.

66OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:34 pm

angryboot

Hi guys, nice place you got here. I'm slowly getting back into 1/6, so hopefully I'll have something to contribute in the near future.

67OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:46 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Welcome aboard, angryboot!

68OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:46 pm

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Welcome onesixthwarrior, and to Peter the Painter for joining the ranks.

Oh good! We were in the middle of discussing commission work when I got locked out of OSW! That could have been a bit of a disaster for my next 13 projects!! Embarassed Very Happy

69OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Hi! Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:17 pm

maywong

I finally made it in thanks to OSW and GubernatorFan. I am glad to see some names I know.

70OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:19 pm

onesixthwarrior

onesixthwarrior
Welcome, Maywong! Great to see you here!

71OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:15 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Indeed Welcome aboard Maywong it's Great to see you here!

72OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:15 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Welcome aboard, Maywong!

73OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:18 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Hi All !

This is... ahem... Eph. I like to hang around in bars and bash little figures.
My Shoe size is 7.... and my English is still worst.

We do a Figure/ Bottle contest  ?  This here is not gentle or smooth but the Bottle is funny so i have to taste it Very Happy .

OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 P1190710

Nice to see You here again all

Eph

74OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:28 am

dadrab

dadrab
maywong wrote:I finally made it in thanks to OSW and GubernatorFan. I am glad to see some names I know.

Welcome in, maywong. Most excellent to have you here.

Ephiane wrote:Hi All !

Well, well...if it isn't my old buddy Ephiane. I'm surely glad you found your way over here. Your work is some of my favorite stuff.

Welcome.

75OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:35 am

onesixthwarrior

onesixthwarrior
Good to see you Ephiane, I'm glad you found your way here!

76OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:39 am

shovelchop81

shovelchop81

We do a Figure/ Bottle contest  ?  This here is not gentle or smooth but the Bottle is funny so i have to taste it Very Happy .

OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Ea020f-1522937337

Eph

Welcome Eph! Will be great to have your excellent fantasy work here!

77OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:46 am

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky

Eph

Ephiane!

But how can the Monkey Shoulder not be smooth, when it boast that it is right on the bottle (not usually a good sign)!? For the record, it actually reviews pretty well, as being pretty good for it's price. And I am so ready for an entire figures and bottles thread. As long as we're all drinking while posting.

So glad to see you aboard!

http://reverendspooky.com

78OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:00 pm

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung

Eph

--

Ephaine!

Welcome aboard. I'm glad you made it here. We look forward to your wonderful and entertaining photo stories when you're ready to post/share them.

If inclined, please feel free to post/share prior stories here as well.

Smile

79OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:50 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I, too, am delighted Ephiane is on board, and she has already shared one of her creations with us!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 30]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum