OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OSF Member Introductions . . .

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

51 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:44 am

BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Welcome aboard brassco it's good to see you here!

Do I need to down size my signature photo?

--

Nice signature picture/avatar.

It's up to you, but consider reducing it by 50% and see if makes a difference for you.

View user profile

52 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:59 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
New rule:

Ok, let's nip it in the bud... as much as we all enjoy political humor, we do not always agree. So, lest this forum becomes infected by the toxic atmosphere of so-called political discourse in our society, from this point on political posts will be deleted at the discretion of the management.

53 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:00 am

GubernatorFan wrote:New rule:

Ok, let's nip it in the bud... as much as we all enjoy political humor, we do not always agree. So, lest this forum becomes infected by the toxic atmosphere of so-called political discourse in our society, from this point on political posts will be deleted at the discretion of the management.

--

Sounds fair, reasonable, and not heavy handed at all.

So be it.

View user profile

54 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:55 am

DeltaForceChung wrote:
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Welcome aboard brassco it's good to see you here!

Do I need to down size my signature photo?

--

Nice signature picture/avatar.

It's up to you, but consider reducing it by 50% and see if makes a difference for you.

Is my new signature photo better?

55 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:54 am

GubernatorFan wrote:New rule:

[picture deleted]

is this considered political?

answered.

View user profile

56 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:42 am

Isn’t anything to do with Arnie potentially political considering he was the governor of the 5th largest economy of the world and all? Once you’ve been a politician, how do you separate it? GubernatorFan! ;-)

I also reserve the right to change my username and branding as it was good enough for Phicen AKA TBLeague .

*just discovered emojis don’t work in the mobile version of this. Know my intent is loaded with winks.

View user profile

57 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:00 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
brassco -- well, if that image exposes us to the wrath of hackers from a certain area, it would be great fun watching this forum crash and burn. I do hope we are too small fry to be noticed, considered a threat, and punished. Generally, you should consider another's possible perspective -- what if this is the fearless leader you voted for and someone wants to poke fun at him? The question is not about who is right and who is wrong, but whether this forum is the place to make such arguments (in the form of posts and images) and whether this would (a) offend and (b) lead to complications of any nature. I would err on the side of caution, and posting a potentially controversial image even to ask if it is unacceptable might be considered more questionable than cunning.

MarkEl -- you have every right to choose whatever moniker you want for whatever venue you choose to frequent. Just hard to get used to it. As for the Gubernator, he was Terminator (1, 2, whatever) long before he was governor of California, so such images are clearly in reference to the character and movies, and have nothing to do with politics. I was going to say something about the political aspects, but then remembered we are trying to keep them out... for a reason.

58 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:14 am

Good call on the political stuff.

There's not a faster way in the world to screw up a fun conversation that the injection of politics.

Those discussions have their places, but not here, me thinks.

View user profile

59 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:35 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Thank you, dadrab, I'm glad you agree.

60 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:39 am

Sounds good GubernatorFan. Agreed, the topic never ends well.

View user profile

61 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:44 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
MarkEl wrote:Sounds good  GubernatorFan.   Agreed, the topic never ends well.  

Glad we agree. I am a firm believer in free speech and the right of people to express themselves, but unfortunately political, social, religious, etc. discourse these days has taken a turn for the worse with self-righteous assertions and recriminations. I would be the last person to want to censure anyone or edit or delete their work (whether I agree with it or not), so I am hoping members will exercise good judgment to begin with. And I know you were being a little facetious in the earlier post anyway.

As for emojis in mobile, you can report this in the technical issues sticky thread (I don't want to hijack this one), but my look through the settings failed to turn up anything useful so far.

62 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:34 pm

Hi guys, nice place you got here. I'm slowly getting back into 1/6, so hopefully I'll have something to contribute in the near future.

View user profile

63 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:46 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Welcome aboard, angryboot!

64 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:46 pm

Stryker2011 wrote:Welcome onesixthwarrior, and to Peter the Painter for joining the ranks.

Oh good! We were in the middle of discussing commission work when I got locked out of OSW! That could have been a bit of a disaster for my next 13 projects!! Embarassed Very Happy

View user profile

65 Hi! on Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:17 pm

I finally made it in thanks to OSW and GubernatorFan. I am glad to see some names I know.

View user profile

66 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:19 pm

Welcome, Maywong! Great to see you here!

View user profile https://www.onesixthsagas.com/

67 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:15 pm

Indeed Welcome aboard Maywong it's Great to see you here!

68 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:15 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Welcome aboard, Maywong!

69 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:18 am

Hi All !

This is... ahem... Eph. I like to hang around in bars and bash little figures.
My Shoe size is 7.... and my English is still worst.

We do a Figure/ Bottle contest  ?  This here is not gentle or smooth but the Bottle is funny so i have to taste it Very Happy .

Nice to see You here again all

Eph

View user profile

70 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:28 am

maywong wrote:I finally made it in thanks to OSW and GubernatorFan. I am glad to see some names I know.

Welcome in, maywong. Most excellent to have you here.

Ephiane wrote:Hi All !

Well, well...if it isn't my old buddy Ephiane. I'm surely glad you found your way over here. Your work is some of my favorite stuff.

Welcome.

View user profile

71 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:35 am

Good to see you Ephiane, I'm glad you found your way here!

72 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:39 am

We do a Figure/ Bottle contest  ?  This here is not gentle or smooth but the Bottle is funny so i have to taste it Very Happy .

Eph

Welcome Eph! Will be great to have your excellent fantasy work here!

View user profile

73 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:46 am

Eph

Ephiane!

But how can the Monkey Shoulder not be smooth, when it boast that it is right on the bottle (not usually a good sign)!? For the record, it actually reviews pretty well, as being pretty good for it's price. And I am so ready for an entire figures and bottles thread. As long as we're all drinking while posting.

So glad to see you aboard!

View user profile http://reverendspooky.com

74 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:00 pm

Eph

--

Ephaine!

Welcome aboard. I'm glad you made it here. We look forward to your wonderful and entertaining photo stories when you're ready to post/share them.

If inclined, please feel free to post/share prior stories here as well.

Smile

View user profile

75 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:50 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I, too, am delighted Ephiane is on board, and she has already shared one of her creations with us!

76 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:53 pm

Indeed Welcome aboard Ephaine it's Great to see you again! cheers cheers cheers

I will be looking forward to seeing more of your Great stories.

77 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:42 pm

Hi everyone,

I found my way here from OSW. This place looks very promising, and it's so nice to see all the familiar faces/names.

I hope to be more active here, and hopefully have something to contribute.

Thank you~

View user profile https://www.flickr.com/photos/110202058@N06/albums

78 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:00 am

Welcome aboard Fox915!

79 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:03 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Glad you found your way here, Fox. Make yourself at home!

80 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:30 am

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Welcome aboard, Fox915. Please do contribute.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

View user profile

81 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:04 am

Hi all, just thought I'd drop in and give it a try. I admit I'm not the most regular contributor over at OSW or really any board, as I tend to go in spurts and then life takes over. I've been modeling in some form for over 40 years, since my dad and I built that first 1/72 German sidecar together, and I was hooked! I primarily do WWII, and mostly German, with some Allied troops sprinkled in for variety, but the past few years I've been getting more into movie based figures, esp. with LOTR and some ancient warrior stuff which some of you may have seen. The past 10 years I was really into RC warbird flying (mostly in 1/7-1/10 scale), but haven't been doing much of that lately. My other passions are opera (which you now know about with my new thread!), and hockey (go Bruins!) (I used to play but I'm just too old and it hurts too much; just getting on the ice for stick and puck is a victory for me now).

So far the board looks good. It's a promising start.

82 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:26 am

Welcome to All ! cheers

View user profile

83 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:33 am

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Welcome aboard, TGF. Glad to see you made it.

View user profile

84 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:41 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Thanks and welcome aboard, tankgirl.

85 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:10 am

Where are my manners?

Welcome, tankgirlfuzzy. Pull up a bar stool and have a drink on me.

Glad you've joined us.

View user profile

86 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:55 am

hello fellow collectors! Nice to see you all around here, very promising for the forum!!!

Most of you guys know me from OSW or MWD, or instagram may be, my name's Alex, I'm a 37 years old kid, architect during the day, toy enthusiast at night lol...
I'm a big fan of scifi but also hollywood movies and marvel comic books, I grew up between dr jones and pr venkmann to make it short!

I got may be 60 figures, as I don't have room to expose them I build and unbuild them very often, using parts on new projects, most of my collection being kitbashes, some stay, some turn into something else after a while. I also treat myself with a few hot toys every year but with those crazy prices it's not what it used to be... I remember my first DX in its huuuuuge box, for less $ than a wonderwoman...

For that reason I also collect smaller figures, trying to not jump into 1/6 starwars, so having fun with blackseries and some shfiguarts...

Cheers!

View user profile

87 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:57 am

blackpool wrote:hello fellow collectors! Nice to see you all around here, very promising for the forum!!!

Most of you guys know me from OSW or MWD, or instagram may be, my name's Alex, I'm a 37 years old kid, architect during the day, toy enthusiast at night lol...
I'm a big fan of scifi but also hollywood movies and marvel comic books, I grew up between dr jones and pr venkmann to make it short!

I got may be 60 figures, as I don't have room to expose them I build and unbuild them very often, using parts on new projects, most of my collection being kitbashes, some stay, some turn into something else after a while. I also treat myself with a few hot toys every year but with those crazy prices it's not what it used to be... I remember my first DX in its huuuuuge box, for less $ than a wonderwoman...

For that reason I also collect smaller figures, trying to not jump into 1/6 starwars, so having fun with blackseries and some shfiguarts...

Cheers!
Yeaaah buddy, welcome aboard!

View user profile

88 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:59 am

Welcome Blackpool, good to see you here!

89 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:59 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Welcome again, blackpool! I see you have changed your avatar to another cool image. Like you, I build and unbuild some of my figures, and I have to consider spatial considerations when it comes to dioramas. And I think all of us feel the wallet concerns in this hobby. Which is all the more reason to showcase what you can do with what you already have. And you have done quite a lot.

90 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:02 pm

Hey, blackpool. Welcome in.

We're mighty glad to have you.

View user profile

91 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:04 pm

thanks for the welcome guys, n for the kind words n invite Gubernator! Happy to see all these familiar names as well!

View user profile

92 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:40 pm

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Welcome, Blackpool. Love the Indy avatar. Very cool.

View user profile

93 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:14 pm

Blackpool! Glad you could make it man.

Warm welcome to all our new members, familiar and new! The party's just getting started.

View user profile http://reverendspooky.com

94 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:44 pm

Welcome aboard tankgirlfuzzy and Blackpool.

95 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:27 pm

Hello everyone! I see several familiar names here from OSW! Unfortunately, there is some kind of snag with using my highwayman57 handle over here, but at least I can use my old avatar! Looking forward to some pleasant talk about 1:6 without the tech issues spoiling the fun! Wink

David

View user profile

96 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:49 pm

Stryker2011

Founding Father
highwayman57 wrote:Hello everyone! I see several familiar names here from OSW! Unfortunately, there is some kind of snag with using my highwayman57 handle over here, but at least I can use my old avatar! Looking forward to some pleasant talk about 1:6 without the tech issues spoiling the fun! Wink

David

Weird. I see your username as it was on OSW on all of your posts so far. What are you seeing?

View user profile

97 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:12 pm

Stryker2011 wrote:
highwayman57 wrote:Hello everyone! I see several familiar names here from OSW! Unfortunately, there is some kind of snag with using my highwayman57 handle over here, but at least I can use my old avatar! Looking forward to some pleasant talk about 1:6 without the tech issues spoiling the fun! Wink

David

Weird. I see your username as it was on OSW on all of your posts so far. What are you seeing?

When I made my very first post early this afternoon, my username was simply David. However, in a follow-up post to my request for tech assistance, GubernatorFan stated that he had edited my username to highwayman57, much to my delight. I just hadn't noticed that it was fixed when I made the post here! So I made a little mistake! Embarassed

David

View user profile

98 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:38 pm

David!

Glad to see you made it here too!

Most definitely the band is getting back together and then some!

View user profile

99 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:56 pm

DeltaForceChung wrote:David!

Glad to see you made it here too!

Most definitely the band is getting back together and then some!

Good ol' reliable Chung...I'm glad to see you here also! Smile

David

View user profile

100 Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . on Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:20 am

Welcome in, David.

Pull up a chair and sit a spell.

Good to have you with us.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum: