OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OSF Member Introductions . . .

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 30]

61OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:00 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
brassco -- well, if that image exposes us to the wrath of hackers from a certain area, it would be great fun watching this forum crash and burn. I do hope we are too small fry to be noticed, considered a threat, and punished. Generally, you should consider another's possible perspective -- what if this is the fearless leader you voted for and someone wants to poke fun at him? The question is not about who is right and who is wrong, but whether this forum is the place to make such arguments (in the form of posts and images) and whether this would (a) offend and (b) lead to complications of any nature. I would err on the side of caution, and posting a potentially controversial image even to ask if it is unacceptable might be considered more questionable than cunning.

MarkEl -- you have every right to choose whatever moniker you want for whatever venue you choose to frequent. Just hard to get used to it. As for the Gubernator, he was Terminator (1, 2, whatever) long before he was governor of California, so such images are clearly in reference to the character and movies, and have nothing to do with politics. I was going to say something about the political aspects, but then remembered we are trying to keep them out... for a reason.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

62OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:14 am

dadrab

Good call on the political stuff.

There's not a faster way in the world to screw up a fun conversation that the injection of politics.

Those discussions have their places, but not here, me thinks.

63OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:35 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Thank you, dadrab, I'm glad you agree.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

64OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:39 am

MarkEl

Sounds good GubernatorFan. Agreed, the topic never ends well.

65OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:44 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
MarkEl wrote:Sounds good  GubernatorFan.   Agreed, the topic never ends well.  

Glad we agree. I am a firm believer in free speech and the right of people to express themselves, but unfortunately political, social, religious, etc. discourse these days has taken a turn for the worse with self-righteous assertions and recriminations. I would be the last person to want to censure anyone or edit or delete their work (whether I agree with it or not), so I am hoping members will exercise good judgment to begin with. And I know you were being a little facetious in the earlier post anyway.

As for emojis in mobile, you can report this in the technical issues sticky thread (I don't want to hijack this one), but my look through the settings failed to turn up anything useful so far.

66OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:34 pm

angryboot

Hi guys, nice place you got here. I'm slowly getting back into 1/6, so hopefully I'll have something to contribute in the near future.

67OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:46 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Welcome aboard, angryboot!

68OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:46 pm

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Welcome onesixthwarrior, and to Peter the Painter for joining the ranks.

Oh good! We were in the middle of discussing commission work when I got locked out of OSW! That could have been a bit of a disaster for my next 13 projects!! Embarassed Very Happy

69OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Hi! Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:17 pm

maywong

I finally made it in thanks to OSW and GubernatorFan. I am glad to see some names I know.

70OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:19 pm

onesixthwarrior

onesixthwarrior
Welcome, Maywong! Great to see you here!

71OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:15 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Indeed Welcome aboard Maywong it's Great to see you here!

72OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:15 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Welcome aboard, Maywong!

73OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:18 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Hi All !

This is... ahem... Eph. I like to hang around in bars and bash little figures.
My Shoe size is 7.... and my English is still worst.

We do a Figure/ Bottle contest  ?  This here is not gentle or smooth but the Bottle is funny so i have to taste it Very Happy .

OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 P1190710

Nice to see You here again all

Eph

74OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:28 am

dadrab

dadrab
maywong wrote:I finally made it in thanks to OSW and GubernatorFan. I am glad to see some names I know.

Welcome in, maywong. Most excellent to have you here.

Ephiane wrote:Hi All !

Well, well...if it isn't my old buddy Ephiane. I'm surely glad you found your way over here. Your work is some of my favorite stuff.

Welcome.

75OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:35 am

onesixthwarrior

onesixthwarrior
Good to see you Ephiane, I'm glad you found your way here!

76OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:39 am

shovelchop81

shovelchop81

We do a Figure/ Bottle contest  ?  This here is not gentle or smooth but the Bottle is funny so i have to taste it Very Happy .

OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Ea020f-1522937337

Eph

Welcome Eph! Will be great to have your excellent fantasy work here!

77OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:46 am

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky

Eph

Ephiane!

But how can the Monkey Shoulder not be smooth, when it boast that it is right on the bottle (not usually a good sign)!? For the record, it actually reviews pretty well, as being pretty good for it's price. And I am so ready for an entire figures and bottles thread. As long as we're all drinking while posting.

So glad to see you aboard!

http://reverendspooky.com

78OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:00 am

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung

Eph

--

Ephaine!

Welcome aboard. I'm glad you made it here. We look forward to your wonderful and entertaining photo stories when you're ready to post/share them.

If inclined, please feel free to post/share prior stories here as well.

Smile

79OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:50 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I, too, am delighted Ephiane is on board, and she has already shared one of her creations with us!

80OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:53 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Indeed Welcome aboard Ephaine it's Great to see you again! cheers cheers cheers

I will be looking forward to seeing more of your Great stories.

81OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:42 pm

Fox915

Fox915
Hi everyone,

I found my way here from OSW. This place looks very promising, and it's so nice to see all the familiar faces/names.

I hope to be more active here, and hopefully have something to contribute.

Thank you~

82OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:00 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Welcome aboard Fox915!

83OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:03 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Glad you found your way here, Fox. Make yourself at home!

84OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:30 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Welcome aboard, Fox915. Please do contribute.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 C8485110

85OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:04 am

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
Hi all, just thought I'd drop in and give it a try. I admit I'm not the most regular contributor over at OSW or really any board, as I tend to go in spurts and then life takes over. I've been modeling in some form for over 40 years, since my dad and I built that first 1/72 German sidecar together, and I was hooked! I primarily do WWII, and mostly German, with some Allied troops sprinkled in for variety, but the past few years I've been getting more into movie based figures, esp. with LOTR and some ancient warrior stuff which some of you may have seen. The past 10 years I was really into RC warbird flying (mostly in 1/7-1/10 scale), but haven't been doing much of that lately. My other passions are opera (which you now know about with my new thread!), and hockey (go Bruins!) (I used to play but I'm just too old and it hurts too much; just getting on the ice for stick and puck is a victory for me now).

So far the board looks good. It's a promising start.

86OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:26 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Welcome to All ! cheers

87OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:33 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Welcome aboard, TGF. Glad to see you made it.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 C8485110

88OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:41 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks and welcome aboard, tankgirl.

89OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 3 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:10 am

dadrab

dadrab
Where are my manners?

Welcome, tankgirlfuzzy. Pull up a bar stool and have a drink on me.

Glad you've joined us.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 30]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum