OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 12]

Tbonez

I have the DAMTOYS lance corporal Scott , Saw Gunner Crews, and the re2 Leon. And I wanted to switch them to a phicen body. How well do the m32, m33, and m34 fit DAMTOYS clothes?

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Tbonez wrote:I have the DAMTOYS lance corporal Scott , Saw Gunner Crews, and the re2 Leon. And I wanted to switch them to a phicen body. How well do the m32, m33, and m34 fit DAMTOYS clothes?

Go through the posts in this thread and check for DAM products. M34 would be a challenge, as DAM does not, I think, make a body this muscular, and does not usually have very loose clothes. M32 and M33 would be able to fit a few. Pants are going to be the most likely to be overly tight or not close securely enough.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Part XXIX: Various

First, the Barbie Dr Jane Goodall clothing by Mattel, fitted onto the recently released S49A body. The clothing fits reasonably well, without causing much trouble. It just isn't particularly impressive in its tailoring or the quality of the recycled cloth material.  The boots are, of course, not from the Barbie line (their source is lost to the sands of time, unless someone else can identify them).

tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 Ctbo0110

tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 Ctbo0210

tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 Ctbo0310

Next we have all the clothing and accessories from the Xena Warrior Princess Roman Xena ("When in Rome") set by Toy Biz transferred to the S47B body. The fit is great (even for the slightly smaller but somewhat stretchy cloth footwear) and nothing impedes the articulation. This one might transfer more or less as is into my Lady of the Lake series. I have not completely given up on repainting the Xena head, although it is  a little bit on the large side for this scale.

tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 Ctbo0410

tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 Ctbo0510

tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 Ctbo0610

tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 Ctbo0710

Keeping to reds, I reassembled the entire John Steele RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) set by Dragon on an M31 body (the pants and sleeves were too tight for anything bulkier). Apart from the sleeves being a little short (so are the pant legs, but they are hidden under the boots), it works pretty well. Poseability is made a little difficult by the tightness of the fit.

tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 Ctbo0810

tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 Ctbo0910

A very basic (but almost fully articulated!) horse from Click N' Play World Police makes do for the next shot (horse people, is there hope for this horse, if given a proper repaint and rehairing?).

tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 Ctbo1010

I find the gun on a string amusing, but that's how it was in the original set.

tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 Ctbo1110

Keeping with law enforcement, I also transferred much of The Walking Dead Rick Grimes (Season 1) set by ThreeZero to an M33 body. It fit surprisingly well. I had not bothered to pick up the watch,  revolver or boots, but replaced them with very similar looking pieces from my collection. The boots I used are Triad Toys ankle-high boots, whereas the original set had taller western style boots.

tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 Ctbo1210

tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 Ctbo1310

tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 Ctbo1410

tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 Ctbo1510

tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 Ctbo1610

Mountie John Steel and Deputy Rick Grimes quickly bonded over their efforts to keep the peace...

tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 Ctbo1710

tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 Ctbo1810

tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 Ctbo1910tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 Ctbo1910tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 Ctbo1911

This GDS dress from eBay seller xiangwyan_0 could potentially fit even larger bodies, but it works fine on the S47A.

tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 Ctbo2010

The long-sleeved top and ripped jeans from the Seal Team Navy Special Forces (M-029) set by Mini Times were a tight fit on an M33, but still worked reasonably well.

tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 Ctbo2110

tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 Ctbo2210

These too also got friendly, real fast...

tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 Ctbo2310

tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 Ctbo2410

Of course I couldn't resist picking up a bunch of parts from the Hoth Snow Speeder Pilot Luke Skywalker by Hot Toys. In the photo below, the figure on the right is not on a seamless body, but the figure on the left uses an S47B, fitting very well (I forgot to attach the gloves and gauntlets but they will work with some adjustment).

tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 Ctbo2510

tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 Ctbo2610

tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 Ctbo2710

I also reconstituted most of a Transport Trooper set by Hot Toys on an M33 body, which was a bit of a surprise, as I expected the armor to be too tight. As it is, the only parts of the armor that are not quite where they should be, are the vambraces, which are in fact supposed to be upper arm armor but I don't think I can safely force them over the M33 biceps/triceps. Articulation remains remarkably unimpeded.

tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 Ctbo2810

tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 Ctbo2910

tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 Ctbo3010

tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 Ctbo3110

As always, what do you think? Comments and questions welcome.

Continued with Part XXX HERE.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Stryker2011

Founding Father
With all these loose Star Wats parts, doesn’t it work out as more expensive than just buying the whole figure?

Some nice acquisitions anyway.

davidd

davidd
I'm glad to see the "Goodall" costume. I was tempted by the figure, but I wondered if the costume was a bit too simplistic.

The Xena Roman Princess more than makes up for the shortcomings in the "Goodall" set as far as gorgeousness combined with adequate detail goes! The Xena plus TBLeague combo looks fantastic!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for taking the time to put these together and photograph them. As always, it's very helpful and informative.

I had been eyeing the snowspeeder outfits too recently, but Stryker is right that loose HT Star Wars parts tend to be super expensive. Sometimes you can find a good deal (like on Toy Anxiety), but most of the time it really is cheaper to just buy the figure. :/

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:With all these loose Star Wats parts, doesn’t it work out as more expensive than just buying the whole figure?

Some nice acquisitions anyway.

Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked them. And yes, I often wonder if it is worth it buying so many loose parts. I typically skip the bodies, bases, boxes, padding, and accessories I don't plan to use. I actually appreciate not having a big box I would have trouble letting go of to worry about. Haven't done my calculations carefully and consistently, but even with the fuller "sets" that I get, the price is likely a little lower. But I often get only a few specific parts. While I did get enough parted out parts to make two Snow Speeder pilots (one of them is going to become a regular X-Wing Pilot), I purchased additional gloved hands and vambraces and boots (apart from the ones for the two pilots) to outfit a few Hoth Rebel Troopers. Remember Luke on the Taun Taun (which will be featured again soon in an update)? He was among those wearing these. If I had no interest in making the pilots, the savings would have been quite substantial.

davidd wrote:I'm glad to see the "Goodall" costume. I was tempted by the figure, but I wondered if the costume was a bit too simplistic.

The Xena Roman Princess more than makes up for the shortcomings in the "Goodall" set as far as gorgeousness combined with adequate detail goes! The Xena plus TBLeague combo looks fantastic!

Honestly, Goodall's is a very simplistic costume indeed. The top does not look very flattering on the figure, and I resorted to a little bit of temporary tape tucking it in from the back. I was excited about the chimp with articulated arms. Which is ok for what it is. But yes, I agree, the Xena costume worked out beautifully.

skywalkersaga wrote:Thanks for taking the time to put these together and photograph them. As always, it's very helpful and informative.  

I had been eyeing the snowspeeder outfits too recently, but Stryker is right that loose HT Star Wars parts tend to be super expensive. Sometimes you can find a good deal (like on Toy Anxiety), but most of the time it really is cheaper to just buy the figure. :/

You are very welcome, I'm glad you found them helpful. On the Star Wars part, see what I wrote to Mark above. In principle I agree completely, but I'm relieved not dealing with boxes, and I rarely go for the (virtually) complete outfit anyway (though I did this time). Even for X-Wing pilots, you can skip the gloves, gauntlets, boots, and outer jacket. I wanted both types of pilots, plus extra gloves, gauntlets, and boots for Rebel Hoth troopers, so I splurged this time around. Another thing with getting the actual set is that if I did, I might feel less ready to mess with it. Smile

Diana

Diana
Every single one of them looks really good!! I especially love the Snow Speeder Pilot outfits. Smile

I was considering getting two Toybiz Xenas: one for the warrior clothes, and another for the improved head sculpt. But if you say the head is too big... that would be a lot of money, since shipping from the US is so expensive.
Would you maybe pretty please send me a photo of the Xena head on a TBL body?  tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 1f60a

BAMComix

BAMComix
Very nice Ian!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:

skywalkersaga wrote:Thanks for taking the time to put these together and photograph them. As always, it's very helpful and informative.  

You are very welcome, I'm glad you found them helpful. On the Star Wars part, see what I wrote to Mark above. In principle I agree completely, but I'm relieved not dealing with boxes, and I rarely go for the (virtually) complete outfit anyway (though I did this time). Even for X-Wing pilots, you can skip the gloves, gauntlets, boots, and outer jacket. I wanted both types of pilots, plus extra gloves, gauntlets, and boots for Rebel Hoth troopers, so I splurged this time around. Another thing with getting the actual set is that if I did, I might feel less ready to mess with it. Smile

I get what you mean about not wanting to mess with something, and I feel that way if it's a figure I really, really wanted. But if I just needed a variety of parts from an HT figure, I'd probably purchase the full figure and then sell the rest of the pieces I didn't want on ebay. These days, I'd rather be the scalper than the scalpee! Laughing

I say this in part due to having run into problems where I was able to pick up parted out pieces but then ended up missing a few key parts and was never able to put the figure together in the end. This happened with with RotJ Deluxe Luke, and I eventually gave up on trying to kitbash that one after missing out on the boots (which are just too specific to be replaced by generic ones, from my perspective).

That said, I'll probably still try to track down the snowspeeder suit at some point, if it's still available once I can afford it. Razz

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Diana wrote:Every single one of them looks really good!! I especially love the Snow Speeder Pilot outfits. Smile

I was considering getting two Toybiz Xenas: one for the warrior clothes, and another for the improved head sculpt. But if you say the head is too big... that would be a lot of money, since shipping from the US is so expensive.
Would you maybe pretty please send me a photo of the Xena head on a TBL body?  tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 1f60a

Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked them.

Re Xena head. I will try to post a picture with the original Toy Biz head on the same (S47B) TBLeague body later today. It is a nice head, but definitely needs repainting for realism.

Another route to take would be to pick up that KT011 head that is supposed to be of Lucy Lawless and modify it by repainting (or more, depending on which option you got and how suitable the hair). I am considering that as a back up option if my repaint of the Toy Biz head fails.

BAMComix wrote:Very nice Ian!

Thank you very much, I'm delighted you like them.

skywalkersaga wrote:
I get what you mean about not wanting to mess with something, and I feel that way if it's a figure I really, really wanted. But if I just needed a variety of parts from an HT figure, I'd probably purchase the full figure and then sell the rest of the pieces I didn't want on ebay. These days, I'd rather be the scalper than the scalpee! Laughing

I say this in part due to having run into problems where I was able to pick up parted out pieces but then ended up missing a few key parts and was never able to put the figure together in the end. This happened with with RotJ Deluxe Luke, and I eventually gave up on trying to kitbash that one after missing out on the boots (which are just too specific to be replaced by generic ones, from my perspective).

That said, I'll probably still try to track down the snowspeeder suit at some point, if it's still available once  I can afford it. Razz
Oh yes, I had not considered that. If you are selling off the extra parts, this definitely makes sense. Needing one more piece (and not finding it) can be very frustrating indeed. Did you ever complete this kitbash or did you get the full figure? As for the snowspeeder suit (actually two pieces, the jumpsuit proper, and the (optional) padded jacket that goes on top), I would keep checking Monkey Depot and Toy Anxiety, or though it might be pricier, Black Ops Toys.

Diana

Diana
GubernatorFan wrote:Re Xena head. I will try to post a picture with the original Toy Biz head on the same (S47B) TBLeague body later today. It is a nice head, but definitely needs repainting for realism.

Another route to take would be to pick up that KT011 head that is supposed to be of Lucy Lawless and modify it by repainting (or more, depending on which option you got and how suitable the hair). I am considering that as a back up option if my repaint of the Toy Biz head fails.

Don't you mean the KT010? At least I prefer that over the 11, which looks too soft to me. I don't think either of them look much like her, but it is a good backup plan. I have more hopes for the Xena head. Maybe I'll find one seller for both the costume and the head and can combine shipping. That would lessen the blow. bounce

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Diana wrote:Don't you mean the KT010? At least I prefer that over the 11, which looks too soft to me. I don't think either of them look much like her, but it is a good backup plan. I have more hopes for the Xena head. Maybe I'll find one seller for both the costume and the head and can combine shipping. That would lessen the blow. bounce

I confess I have somewhat lost track of the head variants, but it looks like both KT010 and KT011 are meant to depict the same features, with different hair. I can't locate my KT010 for comparison, but here is a KT011A I recently purchased (and therefore have handy). I don't know about the comparative sharpness of the sculpt, but it looks a whole lot better than the pictures for the listing on eBay.

tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 Xenah010

And here is the original Xena head on several bodies. Keep in mind that, while the opening at the bottom of the head does clamp down (barely) on the TBLeague neck pegs, the head is fairly loose on it and the rubbery flesh pushes it up, resulting in the giraffe neck effect. For it to sit properly, some modification would be required. It looks best on the Knight of Fire body, because that has, for some reason, the shortest neck; but some of the others might look better if the head is modified to sit lower on the neck (by widening the neck opening or whatever).

tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 Xenah011

I hope this helps.

Diana

Diana
That is actually the KT010 according to my google search results. So we're talking about the same one. Smile

The head is indeed a little large, but I think it's acceptable for most of your examples. Thank you very much for the photos! I love you

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
To me the KT010 and KT011 do not look like the same headsculpt. I think one is supposed to be 'Kristen Stewart' and the other is suppose to look like.... not sure... Monica Bellucci? ;p

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Diana wrote:That is actually the KT010 according to my google search results. So we're talking about the same one. Smile

The head is indeed a little large, but I think it's acceptable for most of your examples. Thank you very much for the photos! I love you

Perhaps, like I said, I've lost track. The eBay listing said KT011 -- unless I somehow grabbed a head other than the one that arrived most recently. Smile Which is also possible.

The Toy Biz head would definitely look better when properly adjusted for the neck so it does not sit too high. I would probably try to increase the hole, so that (for most bodies) the top part of the neck could go inside it. The older taller and wider-shouldered bodies are probably preferable for use with it.

skywalkersaga wrote:To me the KT010 and KT011 do not look like the same headsculpt. I think one is supposed to be 'Kristen Stewart' and the other is suppose to look like.... not sure... Monica Bellucci? ;p

Well we have always said it is not a very good likeness. Smile I'm pretty sure at least one of these has been marketed as Lucy Lawless, but whether that was put out by Kimi Toys or decided by someone and (most) everyone went with it, I don't know.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
It’s tragic to me that we don’t actually have a decent sculpt of Monica Belluci…

He who dies with the most toys wins!

tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:It’s tragic to me that we don’t actually have a decent sculpt of Monica Belluci…
Yes, I remember the point about the Monica Belluci sculpt not actually looking like Monica Belluci. Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Part XXX: Various (including Wolf Pack, PamSDminiCostuming, Redman, Super Duck, Mattel, Kumik, DAM)

Today's theme, if there is one, is that stretch is your friend, and it comes in various shapes.

First some casually sporty guys (all M33), portrayed indulging in Mark's favorite sport, Football (or as it is called in these parts, Soccer). Smile

tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 Ctb3110

tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 Ctb3210

Luke Evans is wearing a red-striped long-sleeved top from his own DAM set (Grozny Armed Forces of the Russian Federation Spetsnaz MVD OSN Vityaz, DAM 78090), a pair of DAM Asics shoes, and the patterned red shorts from Redman Toys' Kerr set (RM021).

Viggo Mortensen (ACI's Aragorn) is wearing a third party Adidas t-shirt (from eBay), red shorts from Wolf Pack HQ (which specializes in clothing and for Action Man and G.I.Joe figures), and third-party Adidas shoes (from eBay).

tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 Ctb3310

Jared Padalecki is wearing a third party grey t-shirt (from eBay), blue shorts from Wolf Pack HQ, and DAM shoes.

Viggo Mortensen (custom head, a twin for storyline purposes) is wearing a third party black Adidas t-shirt (from eBay), black and red shorts from Mattel's Max Steel Kick-Boxing set, and Kumik soft plastic shoes that can slip onto even TBLeague feet.

tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 Ctb3410

"Coach" is wearing a white Adventurers Track Suit (Falcon Style) from Wolf Pack HQ (in the other photos, taken earlier, I had the top on backwards, but the opening is meant go on the back side) and Kumik soft plastic shoes. A pain to dress up but turned out decent.

tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 Ctb3510

The ladies ended up in some sort of gathering (a low-key bachelorette event?) on the beach, since I didn't have any new shoes to show for them, and most of them chose to clothe themselves by the same designer (who, admittedly, had a significant sale on her designs).

tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 Ctb3610

tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 Ctb3710

tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 Ctb3810

tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 Ctb3910

S49A is wearing a Red One lace dress by PamSDminiCostuming (on Etsy); she is the only one with a bra and panties, which is a testimony as to the very good job the lace dresses do in obscuring what lies beneath;

S17B is wearing a Peachy Keen lace dress by the same designer.

tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 Ctb4010

Angelina Jolie (S19B) is wearing a Creamcicle lace dress by PamSDminiCostuming (on Etsy);

Gal Gadot (S23B) is wearing a When in Rome lace dress by the same designer; this particular outfit was already featured in Part XXVIII.

tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 Ctb4110

Valentine (S47B) is wearing a Super Duck long white dress; very difficult to zip up (under the left armpit).

S21B is wearing a Blue by You lace dress by PamSDminiCostuming (on Etsy).

tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 Ctb4210

The dudes were there to delight the ladies, but also to remind you that while many sixth-scale pants and shorts would be too tight to fit (or fit securely) on a seamless TBLeague body, elastic waistbands make all the difference and provide affordable options -- this is the case with the Wolf Pack HQ shorts above (on ACI Viggo and on Jared) and Mattel's Max Steel shorts (on the custom Viggo). Here,

Tim Robbins is wearing blue-white-and-black Mattel shorts from the Max Steel Wave flier set;

Ed Skrein is wearing red Mattel shorts from the Max Steel Samurai Warrior set.

I hope this was useful. As always, what do you think?

Diana

Diana
Beautiful presentation as always, though Aragorn in those sporty clothes just cracks me up! Laughing

Very helpful reference, so thank you for doing all this!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Diana wrote:Beautiful presentation as always, though Aragorn in those sporty clothes just cracks me up! Laughing

Very helpful reference, so thank you for doing all this!

Thank you, I'm delighted! Fun and usefulness are two of my primary goals! Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
As always, you do a great job of illustrating and informing -- thank you for very clear photos and descriptions. I recognised those lace dresses straight away from Pam on Etsy. You made great use of them here.

Not as easy for me to comment on the men's outfits as admittedly that kind of sporty clothing is not really my 'thing', lol. Of the bunch, I think the swim trunks are my fave. ;p

And now I have a question ....where did you get the martini glasses? Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:As always, you do a great job of illustrating and informing -- thank you for very clear photos and descriptions. I recognised those lace dresses straight away from Pam on Etsy. You made great use of them here.

Not as easy for me to comment on the men's outfits as admittedly that kind of sporty clothing is not really my 'thing', lol. Of the bunch, I think the swim trunks are my fave. ;p  

And now I have a question ....where did you get the martini glasses? Smile
Thank you very much, Sky -- that's why I do it. Smile Yes, I couldn't resist getting a few of the lace options when I saw them on sale. They are pretty versatile when it comes to bodies, which is a big help. They also look somewhat plausible, chic and yet not completely over the top in terms of either extreme.

One of my motivation was trying out the Wolf Pack clothing, and I only picked up a few pieces I found at Cotswold Collectibles -- Wolf Pack itself is on your sceptered isle. Which led to elastic waistbands, which led to sporty, which led to Football/Soccer. Mark still hasn't excoriated me on that one. Smile But I'm glad the swim trunks (only the blue-white-black ones technically are) made you smile.

The martini glasses, which were listed as margarita glasses ("Margarita Pitcher w/Glasses" -- pitcher, one glass with clean rim, one glass with salted rim), I purchased from Black Ops Toys almost 2 years ago. There were a ton of options, and they were not very expensive (especially compared to what prices they put on their other items -- even with the various sale codes they list), although I suppose they can add up when one buys a lot. But when I looked now, there is very little left. The first four hits on the search link below seem to belong to the same group, but they don't provide any additional information. I think they might commission items (like a series of much more pricey tools more recently), and perhaps one could write them with a specific question as to availability or origin of the items.
https://www.blackopstoys.com/search?type=product&q=glass&submit=Search

(And they do have a couple of 12th scale Mezco martini glasses.)

Sorry I can't be more helpful. But perhaps they might be.

DMAN970

DMAN970
Which body is Best for my 1/6  Vegeta figure

Phicen M30 or M33tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 Screen10

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Here’s a photo comparison, with heights (you’ll have to zoom in) that may be helpful for you:

https://giantoy.com/blogs/guides/line-up-comparison-of-tbleague-male-figures-m30-m36

He who dies with the most toys wins!

tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
DMAN970 wrote:Which body is Best for my 1/6  Vegeta figure

Phicen M30 or M33

He is supposed to be buff, right? M30 is buff but a little short. M34 and M35 are more buff and taller. M33 is probably just a little too lean for that look. Of the these, M30 comes closest to anime style (a little more abstract).

Consult the TBLeague seamless bodies catalog:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3013-tbleague-phicen-seamless-bodies-with-steel-skeleton-catalog-updated-continually

In terms of skin tone, although there are no guarantees with differences between screen settings and light exposure, your Vegeta's skin looks quite pale. I'm not quite sure any TBLeague body would match. Jiaou's bodies come in three (in once case four) skin tones (YS, BS, and PS), and it is possible one of them would work better; their buffest one is the 12D body. You can see them, alongside with some TBLeague for comparison, in the following thread -- scroll down to part 2 to see all of Jiaou body models and skintones:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3830-jiaou-doll-male-bodies-10a-11c-12d-and-tbleague-m30-m33-m35-comparison

I hope this helps.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Given that Vegeta is rather small compared to Goku, i would say m30 is probably the best fit.

But like Gubernator said, dont know if the color checks out with the bright skin color of the head.

That head looking rather big, I hope it does look good on a standard 1/6 body i the end.

DMAN970

DMAN970
tbleague - Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 11 20230110

This how far i got with goku all i need is dye for the body and i will be good to go

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Are you sure that head works, size-wise?

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum