OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 12]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
These are very festively clothed, appropriate for the holiday.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Part XXVII: VTS, i8TOYS, ACPlay, Young Rich Toys, SW Toys, Verycool

First up, let's go into the future, with a completely unnecessary transfer of the VTS Starship Force Team Leader clothing and equipment (or part of it, parted out from the original set; weapon weathered from a Big Lots UN Peacekeepers set) onto an M33 body (modified by being colored in a lighter skin tone). I say completely unnecessary, because all the joints are covered up and there is absolutely no need for a seamless body here. The fit is quite tight, but ultimately doable, and the articulation still works surprisingly well.

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctblb010

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctblb011

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctblb012

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctblb013

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctblb014

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctblb015

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctblb016

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctblb017

He can (almost) squat, which means he can sit. Given how tight the outfit on this body, that is pretty impressive to me. The two-part boots help a lot with posing. The helmet strap is held in place at one end with a weak magnet but works reasonably well. The resemblance to actor Casper Van Dien is pretty remote, still haven't gotten around to trying to improve it a little bit (suggestions welcome).

Second, we go back to the present, or slightly into the past, to High School, with a girl based on i8TOYS Serene Hound Troops Tache and Rine outfit with Nouveau Toys flats and college guy with ACPlay everything. She is using an S25B body, but can anyone identify the head sculpt? It reminds me of a mean girl from Greek, but any connection is surely accidental. He is using an M33 body (modified by being colored in a lighter skin tone); the head is from SL Custom's The Man set, denecked. No sparkling!

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctblb018

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctblb110

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctblb111

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctblb112

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctblb113

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctblb114

The Serene Hound outfit fits reasonably well on the S25B body and does not impede articulation. I covered up the exposed area above the chest with a makeshift undershirt. And yes, I realize this is not how stockings work. These were designed to work with high-heeled ankle boots, but I didn't get those. I was surprised I was able to get the ACPlay outfit on the M33 body, let alone get so much in the way of posing out of it. Tight fit, but it works pretty well.

Third (concise version, see link below for full sets of photos), Michael Jordan as a baseball player for the Chicago White Sox with head, outfit and equipment mostly from the Young Rich Toys & SW Toys Chicago White Sox No 45 set (except for bendy hands, baseball, bat, and glove; using the M36B body), and "Boris Semënovič-Gopnik" with head (denecked) and outfit mostly from the Verycool The Slavic Warrior: King of the Mall set (except for watch, chain, slides, Vodka; using the M33 body).

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Tkos1010

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Tkos0110

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Tkos1610

For the full photo set, see here: https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t5268-a-tale-of-two-types-of-stripes-updated-with-part-ii

The Michael Jordan head is excellent, and the clothing is designed for a tall body (M36 happens to be the right height for the guy); it might look better on a fuller body, but TBLeague has not made one of those in this height, and if it did, the clothing might be much more difficult or impossible to get on. Technically the Gopnik does not need to be on a seamless body, unless you go with the t-shirt look. Appropriately for sportswear, both outfits works very well and do not impede articulation. A proper Gopnik squat, however, is beyond them (the body, I think), as covered in the full thread. Smile

Hope you found this useful and/or mildly amusing.

Randam Hajile

Nice extension of your clothing catalogue!
The female HS is a Claire Redfield head from a Hot heart kit called Mrs.Red. There are different knockoffs available on ebay.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Randam Hajile wrote:Nice extension of your clothing catalogue!
The female HS is a Claire Redfield head from a Hot heart kit called Mrs.Red. There are different knockoffs available on ebay.  

Thank you, Randam. And thanks for identifying the head. I'm getting pretty hopeless at keeping track.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Impressive new outfits. I’m especially impressed with what you were able to pull off with the Starship Troopers outfit.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Interesting assemblage of outfits! I always like to see what fits on the s25b. The baseball pic is very well composed. And I agree, the Starship Trooper kitbash worked out well.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Impressive new outfits. I’m especially impressed with what you were able to pull off with the Starship Troopers outfit.

Thank you very much, Mark, glad you liked them. Yes, I was surprised with that one too, but like I mentioned, that's one where the TBLeague is particularly unnecessary, not to say wasted.

skywalkersaga wrote:Interesting assemblage of outfits! I always like to see what fits on the s25b.  The baseball pic is very well composed.  And I agree, the Starship Trooper kitbash worked out well.

Than you very much, Sky. I'm always thinking about managing to find suitable items for our realistically more petite female figures, and between the differences in brands and the special needs of anime and over-sexualized characters, there is not always as much choice as one might like. I think that baseball photo is one of my better ones, Mark seemed to suggest not all of them were quite spot on (as a non-baseball afficionado, I'm just glad they turned out passably well). The Starship trooper is more of a transfer than a kitbash (it's just a body swap), but I'm glad you also thought it turned out well.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Part XXVIII: One Toys, Hasbro, Pop Toys, Hot Toys, TBLeague, HH & HY, DJ Customs, Dragon, Star Ace, Nouveau Toys, various Etsy sellers

A mixed bag again, with some ensembles already shown elsewhere on the forum in other context, and some not shown elsewhere yet.

I picked up a lot of the One Toys Mr Stone (OT010/OT011 pieces), and experimented with them on M34 and M35. Both bodies are a bit short for Dwayne Johnson (contrast Hot Toys' Roadblock), but the musculature is pretty good, and these are the bulkiest TBLeague seamless bodies there are. Neither outfit presented any significant problems. Even the black pants are not too tight to allow a decent sitting posture. The black t-shirt, pants, belt, and boots are shown on M35 with a Crazy Dummies head; the orange prison outfit with white t-shirt is shown on M34 with the head from the same Mr Stone set; slides from Click 'N Play. For more photos, check out the Four Rocks thread.

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctblb210

Next up, I tried pieces from an old Hasbro Indiana Jones set on an M33, with a modified Dark Toys Blade Runner Rick head for a younger Harrison Ford. I was very surprised that everything fit rather decently, although the pants are quite tight (very difficult to sit, awkwardly), and the soft rubber footwear does not help balancing the figure.

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctblb211

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctblb212

Although I have a small number of historical or pseudo-historical Chinese figures, I have very few Japanese ones, so I decided to remedy this. Apart from a set from the Last Samurai, I picked up pieces from Pop Toys' Miyamoto Musashi (EX037) and Son of General (EX043, civilian version) sets. I wish I had picked up more pieces, as I am still waiting on more swords and the tabi socks and sandals that I ordered subsequently. While I did not expect any problems with the looser Japanese clothing, I tried them out on the M32 body, and they worked very well -- and I'm sure they would still work on heftier bodies.

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctblb214

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctblb213

Two characters from the Lady of the Lake series (see there for more photos) are the High Priestess and her Steward. The High Priestess sports the Hot Toys Wonder Woman 1984 golden armor helmet and face mask, TBLeague Pharaoh Tutankhamen's snake necklaces, and a "purple medieval gown" from Sewlishus on Etsy. The body of the dress and the sleeves are actually three separate pieces, made of a velvet-like fabric (which tends to leave a lot of fibers on the seamless body) that drapes rather well. There is a chain belt that I did not use. This is technically not a TBLeague body, but the body from the SW Toys Valentine (FS-33) set, which appears to be a Jiaou Doll. The Steward is entirely clothed in pieces from the HH Model & HaoYu Toys Persian Cavalry (HH18028/HH18030) set, but without most of the armor -- I used the two-part boots, pants, tunic, and armored harness, while giving the shield, helmet, vambraces, and sword to another character. Although it is a somewhat tight fit on the M33, it works well and does not get in the way of the articulation much.

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctblb215

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctblb216

The Terminator has always been one of my favorite characters, so I couldn't resist picking up a few (most?) of the pieces from the DJ Customs Terminator-800 set and putting them on an M34 body. I think it worked pretty well, and the outfit does not get in the way of articulation in any significant way. The boots needed a little reinforcement to get a more secure fit onto the ankle peg. The head, sunglasses, t-shirt, coat, pants, and boots are all from the original set.

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctblb217

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctblb218

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctblb219

The nearly 20-year-old Dragon Chris Johnston (Paul Walker in Timeline) set also transfers very nicely to a TBLeague body, in this case M33. Despite several layers of clothing, the articulation works very nicely, without much impediment. The shoes are from a POP or CM set, everything else (except the head and body, of course), is Dragon. For more photos, see the Medieval Timeline modification thread.

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctblb220

Lastly, some gals on a beach... (some of them are featured in the Three Gals thread). Hot Toys Gal (center) and her friends Angelina (in red), and some blonde beauty (in lace) decided to take a walk on the beach after having a snack. They happened to run into one of their more disreputable friends having a smooch with some beefcake. For anyone else it might have been awkward. At any rate, Hot Toys Gal (on an S23B body) is wearing two pieces from TBLeague's Bastet set (not in the manner in which they were intended), Nouveau Toys white ribbon heel shoes (the various shoes do fit the high heel feet, but this is not pictured), a Crocheted White Hat from Etsy seller MySweetDollBoutique, and a vintage style bag from Etsy seller Arinafashions. Blonde Beauty (also on an S23 body) is wearing a When in Rome lace dress from Etsy seller PamSDminiCostuming, a white floppy sun hat with blue ribbon from Etsy seller HappyToKnit, and shoes and a purse of now forgotten provenance (anyone know?). Angelina (on a TBLeague Knight of Fire body) is wearing an Ace red sexy babe dress from eBay seller green-tiger, a black summer hat from Etsy seller AprilThings, Nouveau Toys platform red glossy loafer heels, and a Star Ace Breakfast at Tiffany's Holly Golightly black purse. Of course I forgot about sunglasses... or rather they did! The two lovers are not wearing too much -- Sam (on an M34 body) has "unbranded" Adidas-reminiscent male shorts from eBay seller aaor2063, while Margot is wearing the bikini that come with her body, TBLeague's S47B. Maybe I should start writing for one of those catalogs? Well, forgetting brands and provenances is probably a complete faux pas when it comes to them... Smile

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctblb221

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctblb222

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctblb223

Hope you found this useful and/or mildly amusing.

Continued with Part XXIX HERE.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Very nice photos. Thanks for compiling these information for us. The outfits look great on your figures, which will be very helpful to find the right body for the different clothes.  Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 1f44d  Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 1f44d  Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 1f44d

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Like with Randam's posts, I was very busy the last few days and I'm still trying to catch up on all the posts on the forum. My favourite pics from all of the ones above are probably the ones from the beach scene, it's just really well done. I recognised the lace dress from Pam's etsy shop, nice find. The best detail of all is how they are all holding their shoes while walking barefoot in the sand --- very realistic! Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Randam Hajile wrote:Very nice photos. Thanks for compiling these information for us. The outfits look great on your figures, which will be very helpful to find the right body for the different clothes.  Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 1f44d  Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 1f44d  Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 1f44d

Thank you very much for the kind words. I'm glad you liked them. Caveat, there may be better bodies -- these are just the ones I tried, and unless it was totally impractical, I was usually too lazy to look for an alternative. I do hope it is helpful to someone.

skywalkersaga wrote:Like with Randam's posts, I was very busy the last few days and I'm still trying to catch up on all the posts on the forum. My favourite pics from all of the ones above are probably the ones from the beach scene, it's just really well done. I recognised the lace dress from Pam's etsy shop, nice find. The best detail of all is how they are all holding their shoes while walking barefoot in the sand --- very realistic! Smile

And what a worthy cause it was, your Amidala was stunning. I'm glad you liked the beach photos (some more experimentation with monitor-projected background and printed flooring) -- I have never had recourse to Etsy more than I did now. Pam has a bunch of beautiful laces, some of them perhaps even more impressive than this one. I like how intricate it is, as it obviated the need for underwear -- which would have been necessary but distracting. I thought that was realistic too, holding shoes while strolling on the sand. But I do promise these shoes fit on TBLeague high heel feet (depending on the size in some cases)! Smile

Ovy

Ovy
Really love those samurai, the heads are just beautiful too. I loke their dynamic, the young one and the experienced one, a dynamic I like to establish with my two Samurai based warriors too.

The background is also very effective with that wooden pier illusion in front of the lake.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:Really love those samurai, the heads are just beautiful too. I loke their dynamic, the young one and the experienced one, a dynamic I like to establish with my two Samurai based warriors too.

The background is also very effective with that wooden pier illusion in front of the lake.

Thank you very much for the comments. Glad you liked the Samurai. I normally don't invest in these as I don't want to enter a whole new world of collecting, but almost always love these super elaborate sets. The ones I have invested in have been the less impressive, no fancy armor types, and these pieces were for such figures. I was definitely going for a tutor and trainee look, and the wooden planks (just ordinary things sold for unspecified art purposes at hobby shops -- in this case, Michaels) made sense both with a Japanese theme and a lakeside theme. Just received a pair of swords from the Musashi set, waiting on some more pieces.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great pics!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The samurai are cool, but I like your fantasy figures the best. Surprised how well the Hasbro Indy looks considering the clothes were made at low cost.

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
BAMComix wrote:Great pics!

Thank you very much, glad you liked them.

Stryker2011 wrote:The samurai are cool, but I like your fantasy figures the best. Surprised how well the Hasbro Indy looks considering the clothes were made at low cost.

Thank you, I'm flattered you enjoyed those in particular -- since some remedial thought went into putting them together (besides let's stuff a TBLeague body into this), even if the vast majority of pieces came from one or more existing sets. I, too, was pleasantly surprised by Hasbro Indy. If it weren't for those very tight pants, I'd consider him a very viable way to kitbash an Indy.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Hey Gub, or anyone that might've tried it, do you know if the uniforms from recent E&S (Easy&Simple) figures fit a M33 body? I'm concerned about the waist size on the pants.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
FreakinLobster wrote:Hey Gub, or anyone that might've tried it, do you know if the uniforms from recent E&S (Easy&Simple) figures fit a M33 body? I'm concerned about the waist size on the pants.

I hope someone could shed more light on this, but there is a reason I have not bought E&S pants in a couple of years: they are usually too tight for these bodies. That said, looking at the uniform pants for sale on MonkeyDepot, they look as if they are a bit on the wider side. They might just fit M33 (no promises), but nothing bulkier; probably would fit M31 and M32. While I don't have the uniform E&S pants handy to check, a couple of posts have featured E&S jeans. These fit the M33, but with difficulty, and at least sometimes are likely to come undone at the fly rather easily if you try to have the figure sitting or squatting. Here are the links to the relevant posts above.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1403p45-clothing-tbleague-phicen-seamless-bodies-updated-part-xxviii-may-2022#26417

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1403p90-clothing-tbleague-phicen-seamless-bodies-updated-part-xxviii-may-2022

Illusion

Illusion
Thank you once again for all the time and effort you put into your presentation/informative posts and tutorials to support others in their purchase and crafting decisions!! I am always in awe that you find enough time to do all this along with your hilariously entertaining stories.

I totally envy your girls‘ shoes. They have some pretty desirable pairs… I love you

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Illusion wrote:Thank you once again for all the time and effort you put into your presentation/informative posts and tutorials to support others in their purchase and crafting decisions!! I am always in awe that you find  enough time to do all this along with your hilariously entertaining stories.

I totally envy your girls‘ shoes. They have some pretty desirable pairs… I love you

Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked them and appreciate the kind words. As for the shoes, I can only take credit for taking a chance on Nouveau Toys. The difficulties of fitting many sixth-scale shoes on TBLeague feet had long discouraged me, but these usually succeed, while looking pretty good and, moreover, offering some variety to the usual simple high heel or fantasy combat high heel boot. Smile If you are looking for more shoes, and if shipping is not bloody murder, give them a try. Might also be a good idea to have some spare pairs of feet that would work with both shoes and your figures' anklepegs. We cracked the mystery of the TBLeague female feet in the catalog thread (there are three types altogether).

Illusion

Illusion
Shocked omg.... just checked Nouveau Toys on ebay.... what a choice... some really nice dresses too...
they are just about to succeed in overriding my decision, not to buy from the US anymore (just due to postage cost and customs issues)

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
It's expensive, for sure, but their items are good quality and worth it. I have a pair of flat shoes from them, as well as some boots. And hope to buy more once I can afford it. ;p

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Illusion wrote: Shocked  omg.... just checked Nouveau Toys on ebay.... what a choice... some really nice dresses too...
they are just about to succeed in overriding my decision, not to buy from the US anymore (just due to postage cost and customs issues)

skywalkersaga wrote:It's expensive, for sure, but their items are good quality and worth it. I have a pair of flat shoes from them, as well as some boots. And hope to buy more once I can afford it. ;p

Agreed, and like Sky says, their items are usually not on the more affordable side. On the other hand, they do try to have a personal touch, and if you are going to buy say 3 or 4 or more sets (I mean, making it worth their while since there would be multiple items), I'm sure they would work with you to make the experience as painless as possible. They have a non-eBay store too, so maybe you can reach out to them there. It can't hurt to inquire. By the way, more of their clothes and shoes were featured in earlier installments in this thread.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
GubernatorFan wrote:
FreakinLobster wrote:Hey Gub, or anyone that might've tried it, do you know if the uniforms from recent E&S (Easy&Simple) figures fit a M33 body? I'm concerned about the waist size on the pants.

I hope someone could shed more light on this, but there is a reason I have not bought E&S pants in a couple of years: they are usually too tight for these bodies. That said, looking at the uniform pants for sale on MonkeyDepot, they look as if they are a bit on the wider side. They might just fit M33 (no promises), but nothing bulkier; probably would fit M31 and M32. While I don't have the uniform E&S pants handy to check, a couple of posts have featured E&S jeans. These fit the M33, but with difficulty, and at least sometimes are likely to come undone at the fly rather easily if you try to have the figure sitting or squatting. Here are the links to the relevant posts above.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1403p45-clothing-tbleague-phicen-seamless-bodies-updated-part-xxviii-may-2022#26417

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1403p90-clothing-tbleague-phicen-seamless-bodies-updated-part-xxviii-may-2022

Thanks for the reply. I wanna get a boxed E&S figure and swap bodies. I'm just too spoiled with all the articulation (specially for keeping poses) and weight of a TBL.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
FreakinLobster wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I wanna get a boxed E&S figure and swap bodies. I'm just too spoiled with all the articulation (specially for keeping poses) and weight of a TBL.
Then get one that wears the jeans from the examples I gave you. Those fit the M33 body, even if it is a tight fit. Do keep an eye on the top, too, you probably don't want anything with ultra tight sleeves.

Tbonez

I have the DAMTOYS lance corporal Scott , Saw Gunner Crews, and the re2 Leon. And I wanted to switch them to a phicen body. How well do the m32, m33, and m34 fit DAMTOYS clothes?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Tbonez wrote:I have the DAMTOYS lance corporal Scott , Saw Gunner Crews, and the re2 Leon. And I wanted to switch them to a phicen body. How well do the m32, m33, and m34 fit DAMTOYS clothes?

Go through the posts in this thread and check for DAM products. M34 would be a challenge, as DAM does not, I think, make a body this muscular, and does not usually have very loose clothes. M32 and M33 would be able to fit a few. Pants are going to be the most likely to be overly tight or not close securely enough.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Part XXIX: Various

First, the Barbie Dr Jane Goodall clothing by Mattel, fitted onto the recently released S49A body. The clothing fits reasonably well, without causing much trouble. It just isn't particularly impressive in its tailoring or the quality of the recycled cloth material.  The boots are, of course, not from the Barbie line (their source is lost to the sands of time, unless someone else can identify them).

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctbo0110

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctbo0210

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctbo0310

Next we have all the clothing and accessories from the Xena Warrior Princess Roman Xena ("When in Rome") set by Toy Biz transferred to the S47B body. The fit is great (even for the slightly smaller but somewhat stretchy cloth footwear) and nothing impedes the articulation. This one might transfer more or less as is into my Lady of the Lake series. I have not completely given up on repainting the Xena head, although it is  a little bit on the large side for this scale.

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctbo0410

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctbo0510

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctbo0610

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctbo0710

Keeping to reds, I reassembled the entire John Steele RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) set by Dragon on an M31 body (the pants and sleeves were too tight for anything bulkier). Apart from the sleeves being a little short (so are the pant legs, but they are hidden under the boots), it works pretty well. Poseability is made a little difficult by the tightness of the fit.

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctbo0810

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctbo0910

A very basic (but almost fully articulated!) horse from Click N' Play World Police makes do for the next shot (horse people, is there hope for this horse, if given a proper repaint and rehairing?).

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctbo1010

I find the gun on a string amusing, but that's how it was in the original set.

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctbo1110

Keeping with law enforcement, I also transferred much of The Walking Dead Rick Grimes (Season 1) set by ThreeZero to an M33 body. It fit surprisingly well. I had not bothered to pick up the watch,  revolver or boots, but replaced them with very similar looking pieces from my collection. The boots I used are Triad Toys ankle-high boots, whereas the original set had taller western style boots.

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctbo1210

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctbo1310

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctbo1410

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctbo1510

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctbo1610

Mountie John Steel and Deputy Rick Grimes quickly bonded over their efforts to keep the peace...

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctbo1710

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctbo1810

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctbo1910Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctbo1910Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctbo1911

This GDS dress from eBay seller xiangwyan_0 could potentially fit even larger bodies, but it works fine on the S47A.

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctbo2010

The long-sleeved top and ripped jeans from the Seal Team Navy Special Forces (M-029) set by Mini Times were a tight fit on an M33, but still worked reasonably well.

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctbo2110

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctbo2210

These too also got friendly, real fast...

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctbo2310

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctbo2410

Of course I couldn't resist picking up a bunch of parts from the Hoth Snow Speeder Pilot Luke Skywalker by Hot Toys. In the photo below, the figure on the right is not on a seamless body, but the figure on the left uses an S47B, fitting very well (I forgot to attach the gloves and gauntlets but they will work with some adjustment).

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctbo2510

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctbo2610

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctbo2710

I also reconstituted most of a Transport Trooper set by Hot Toys on an M33 body, which was a bit of a surprise, as I expected the armor to be too tight. As it is, the only parts of the armor that are not quite where they should be, are the vambraces, which are in fact supposed to be upper arm armor but I don't think I can safely force them over the M33 biceps/triceps. Articulation remains remarkably unimpeded.

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctbo2810

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctbo2910

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctbo3010

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 10 Ctbo3110

As always, what do you think? Comments and questions welcome.

Continued with Part XXX HERE.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
With all these loose Star Wats parts, doesn’t it work out as more expensive than just buying the whole figure?

Some nice acquisitions anyway.

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum