OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE I - THE PHANTOM MENACE QUI-GON JINN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Rogerbee

Founding Father

It's as good as HT will get and I'm sure most will be happy. If you want rooted hair, talk to Shane Poole on FB.

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Rogerbee wrote:
It's as good as HT will get and I'm sure most will be happy. CHEERS!

Most have already started circling the wagons over at the Freaks.

skywalkersaga

What do you mean by that ?

Stryker2011

Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:What do you mean by that ?

Well, there are those (many of those) among the "I buy only HT" collectors, who don't see fault with ANYTHING HT does, and they will make excuses for every detail, or flaw, that people point out, even to the point of "attacking" those who don't fall in line with their mindless obedience to the Almighty HT Gods.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:What do you mean by that ?

Well, there are those (many of those) among the "I buy only HT" collectors, who don't see fault with ANYTHING HT does, and they will make excuses for every detail, or flaw, that people point out, even to the point of "attacking" those who don't fall in line with their mindless obedience to the Almighty HT Gods.

Ah, ok, gotcha. I thought that's what you might mean, but I just wanted to make sure I hadn't misunderstood. ;p

And yeah, that's ridiculous that anyone would be that adamantly defensive about it as to attack others. O.o I guess some people are more focused on having, in their eyes, the 'best' figures/collection, so they are no doubt quite invested in those items as being seen as flawless, etc. It's silly, of course, as no company or its output is entirely without flaw. And anyone who ventures even a little further into 1/6 world would see that there are plenty of other worthy figures/companies out there and that Hot Toys is not the only one worth collecting. : )

That being said, I personally don't have any major issues with Hot Toys -- they do what they do, and people can either like it and pay for it....or not.

And in this case, I'm just happy to have been pleasantly surprised that there's even a new 1/6 figure of this character at all. : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Happens every time! Particularly when the figure comes out and people lose their minds over awful phone pics of the actual figure, forever blaming HT and never their equipment.

My pics might look a bit boring, but, they're honest and always taken in natural light.

CHEERS!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
It's true that natural light tends to be more flattering for HT figures --- part of that is because a lot of HT sculpts have a bit of a 'sheen' to them....either in terms of a slight metallic tinge to the hair, or a semi-gloss type finish on the skin, and thus artificial lighting doesn't always mix well with that.

Though I also think people -- whether detractors or defenders -- need to have more realistic expectations of these things, both in terms of production pics and 'in-hand' examples. No figure, in any scale, by any company, is gonna be perfect. That's something that I accepted ages ago.... I mean, coming from collecting smaller figures, it's simply a 'given'. I have tons of smaller figures of my favourite characters that I'm happy with even though they are nowhere near perfect likenesses. And even the ones that I might nitpick on I'm still glad to have as part of my collection. There have of course been some releases that I have NOT liked, and with those I either a) completely pass them up, b) wait til a better improved version is available, or c) go the customization route.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

To me, natural light highlights flaws in HT painting, like giving the Hoth Leia a spray tan when she was practically alabaster till she got to Tatooine and had been on board Jabba's barge. HT photograph better under heavy artificial light, which is what their photographers use in promos.

CHEERS!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh, well, I’ll take your word for it! : )

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Well it's safe to say that Qui-Gon was nowhere near a window when those pics were taken.

CHEERS!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
LOL, of course..... I was really just referring to 'artificial light' as in the kind of crappy lighting that is in one's house. But obviously professional photography is a whole other story. : )

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Ah, gotcha!

CHEERS!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum