OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ R2-D2™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
A reliable and versatile astromech droid, R2-D2 has served Padmé Amidala™ and Anakin Skywalker™, showing great bravery in rescuing his masters and their friends from many perils. A skilled starship mechanic and fighter pilot's assistant, he has an unlikely but enduring friendship with the fussy protocol droid C-3PO™.

Celebrating the 20th anniversary of Star Wars: Attack of the Clones, Hot Toys is pleased to officially introduce a series of collectibles based on this landmark film for fans!

The R2-D2 collectible figure is skillfully crafted with a diecast metal dome, a highly detailed mechanical construction body with openable panels and a retractable middle leg, weathered paint application, an array of accessories including a pair of rocket thrusters, a tether cable for recreating the scene when R2-D2 fixes C-3PO, a collection of attachable mechanical arms and tools, as well as a specially designed commemorative packaging.

Don’t miss the opportunity to pair R2-D2 with C-3PO in your amazing collection today!
SPECIFICATIONS
PRODUCT CODEMMS651
PRODUCT NAMER2-D2™
HEIGHTAPPROXIMATELY 18CM TALL
POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS10
SPECIAL FEATURESMETICULOUSLY CRAFTED DIECAST METAL DOME, ROCKET THRUSTERS FOR FLIGHT MODE
PRODUCT RELEASE DATEAPPROXIMATELY Q2 – Q3, 2023
ARTISTSHEAD SCULPTED BY N/A.
HEAD PAINTED BY N/A.
HEAD ART DIRECTED BY N/A.
The 1/6th scale R2-D2™ Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of R2-D2 in Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
- Meticulously crafted diecast metal dome features 360° horizontal spin design
- Skillfully applied with realistic weathering effects
- Screen-accurate mechanical construction with 10 points of articulations
- Approximately 18cm tall
- Remote controlled LED light-up functions (8 sets of LED light up points, battery operated)
- Remote controlled sound effect function featuring 14 iconic R2-D2 sounds (battery operated)
- Special features including:
- One (1) pair of articulated terrain tread legs
- One (1) articulated and retractable center tread leg
- One (1) extending periscope
- Openable panels
- Special package design with Star Wars: Attack of the Clones 20th Anniversary logo

Accessories:
- One (1) C-3PO mechanical head with LED light-up function (yellow light, battery operated)
- One (1) pair of rocket thrusters for flight mode with two (2) real-like thruster fire effects
- Thirteen (13) pieces of arms (some equipped with magnetic function):
 One (1) tether cable
 One (1) life-form scanner
 One (1) computer terminal arm
 Two (2) lock pick arms
 One (1) repair arm
 Two (2) multi-function utility and interface arms
 One (1) pair of computer interface arms
 One (1) utility arm
 One (1) utility saw
 One (1) universal computer interface arm
- One (1) infrared remote control for R2-D2’s sound effect and LED light-up functions (battery operated)
- One (1) specially designed figure stand

Release date: Approximately Q2 – Q3, 2023

*Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Battery included for collectible figure, button cells are required
***Product details are subject to change without further notice

© & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.
© 2022 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ R2-D2™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 11719
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ R2-D2™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 21014
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ R2-D2™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 3693
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ R2-D2™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 4648
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ R2-D2™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 5594
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ R2-D2™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 6560
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ R2-D2™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 7539
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ R2-D2™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 8509
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ R2-D2™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 9492
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ R2-D2™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 10469
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ R2-D2™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 11720
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ R2-D2™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 12426
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ R2-D2™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 13405
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ R2-D2™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 14378
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ R2-D2™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 15355
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ R2-D2™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 16328
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ R2-D2™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 17303
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ R2-D2™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 18278
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ R2-D2™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 19244
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ R2-D2™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 20200

#newproduct #HotToys #StarWars #AttackoftheClones #R2-D2 #movie #Sci-Fi

valentin

valentin
It's looks awesome! Gotta see how much it really is, locally.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh man, I'm tempted. I still never bought an R2-D2 and a Clone Wars-era one would be just too perfect. I love his little jets... NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ R2-D2™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1f605

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
R2-D2 in his most glorious Swiss Army Knife versatility! I'm pretty happy with my Sideshow one, but this is very cool, and could easily pass for Original Trilogy.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yeah, I just can't decide if the dirt and grime on him is just a little *too* much. I don't mind him being dusty and dirty since it works for battle scenes, but not sure if it's too distinctive or not. I'll have to think on it.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Yeah, I just can't decide if the dirt and grime on him is just a little *too* much. I don't mind him being dusty and dirty since it works for battle scenes, but not sure if it's too distinctive or not. I'll have to think on it.
It is a little too much (to my eyes, too), but probably that way it will better match their C-3PO.

Ovy

Ovy
They fly now?

Such a beautiful creature. Swiss army knife indeed. It will probably quite expensive so they could have added blue tooth speakers making beep-bop-buup

Seems Hot Toys is really obsessed with C3POs most traumatic experience.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ovy wrote:

Seems Hot Toys is really obsessed with C3POs most traumatic experience.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Now they need to do one with him after he's torn to pieces and being carried around on Chewi's back in ESB. Laughing

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
So, I realllly like this version, mainly because it comes with the little jets to make him 'fly'. But it's twice as expensive as the Sideshow R2-D2, so it's hard to actually justify. I don't care about all the other gadgets, I just want to make it look like he's flying, damnit. Laughing

ETA: Oh, and Ovy, it does say on the product description that it comes with a remote control feature for the sound effects...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
OK, ok, I ended up PO'ing this one today. I had to make a quick decision because the only UK retailer was running out of pre-order slots and I did NOT want to have to pay through the nose for shipping and customs from the US.

At first I thought the weathering on this version was a little too much, but then I remembered that he spends most of the Clone Wars series covered in a layer of dust and grime, so it actually works well for my lineup. Razz

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Congrats, S. Hope it’s everything you expect of it.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ R2-D2™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:Congrats, S. Hope it’s everything you expect of it.

Thanks! Sucks I'll have to wait the usual long wait for Hot Toys to release him, but at least I don't have to stress about which version to get anymore. ;p

Diana

Diana
I'm happy for you, Sky! I love this little dude, and even moreso when he is all dusty and not so polished, like he has actually seen some action.

Talking about Hot Toys wait times... Eagerly awaiting my Bespin Luke. bounce

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Diana wrote:I'm happy for you, Sky! I love this little dude, and even moreso when he is all dusty and not so polished, like he has actually seen some action.

Talking about Hot Toys wait times... Eagerly awaiting my Bespin Luke. bounce

Aww, yeah, I went and looked at a video review of one of the previous HT R2-D2's that was more 'clean' and I decided I actually liked the dusty look better! :'D

Hope your Luke arrives soon! bounce

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I just got invoiced for this, so excited!

Out of curiosity, I watched some review videos and now I'm even MORE excited....

He looks and SOUNDS(!) fantastic.  NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ R2-D2™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1f60d

The amount of sand weathering might be a bit much for some people, but I love it. Mainly because I suspect it's intended as a highly amusing reference to 'it's coarse, rough, and irritating... and gets everywhere'. Razz

(Sorry, my dear Ani. Laughing)

Valiarde

Valiarde
Sounds like a very practical little robot which will bring you much joy. Razz

Glad to see people getting really excited for stuff they ordered. And R2 can't be missing in any SW collection imo Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Valiarde wrote:Sounds like a very practical little robot which will bring you much joy.   Razz  

Glad to see people getting really excited for stuff they ordered. And R2 can't be missing in any SW collection imo Smile

Aww, yeah! And my collection was very much missing him.... that R2-shaped hole will soon be filled.  NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES™ R2-D2™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1f605

I'm excited for him for his own sake, but also because having an R2 will finally open up many photoshoot possibilities for me...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum